Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 6B, 7188
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not really happy but knew what I was getting into with VGT rate; leftover, for sure.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 30 days

Has anyone who booked VGT with 4 or less people in their party ever been assigned a family stateroom that sleeps 5?

My family of 4 got a category 4B room with a Murphy bed on on VGT cruise. My sister’s family of 3 was only 2 doors down from us also in a 4B.

Has anyone who booked VGT with 4 or less people in their party ever been assigned a family stateroom that sleeps 5?
My husband & I were assigned to a 4A room on a VGT booking. Actually, two of them (B2B cruises). The first one had the Murphy bed, the second one didn't.

Yes, just last week on the Magic. We were on the Quebec City to NYC cruise and we booked it at a VGT rate in June for a September cruise and were assigned two weeks out from sailing. We got cabin 8512 which held five and I loved the extra space. It was just my husband and myself. Our two friends got 8514 (same category).

The rest of my family booked OGT (4 cabins) and were all assigned on Deck 5 right next to each other. They were assigned about 2 weeks after booking (in June). 5510, 5512, 5514 and 5516.

I loved our forward locations.....

MJ

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? VGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A 8560
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy. Very Roomy cabin for just the two of us. Great location--one floor up to pool level, mid-way between mid-ship and aft elevators. Great views from Deck 8.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? @ 3 months

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship?
VGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
7A #5640 (navigator's verandah)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
I am a little bit disappointed. I was really hoping for a regular verandah room, I wouldn't even have minded a white wall. There are only 3 of us, I am guessing that might have something to do with the assignment as there is no Murphy or pull down bunk in this room and 3 is the max. There are quite a few other rooms/categories available still with less than 2 weeks to go. I know that this is the chance that I took, I also know that we are going to have an amazing time but I can't help feeling disappointed at this assignment with "better" verandah staterooms still available and potentially empty at sailing. The location on deck 5 is great though, with the theater and Oceaneers right by the room.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship?
VGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
7A #5640 (navigator's verandah)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
I am a little bit disappointed. I was really hoping for a regular verandah room, I wouldn't even have minded a white wall. There are only 3 of us, I am guessing that might have something to do with the assignment as there is no Murphy or pull down bunk in this room and 3 is the max. There are quite a few other rooms/categories available still with less than 2 weeks to go. I know that this is the chance that I took, I also know that we are going to have an amazing time but I can't help feeling disappointed at this assignment with "better" verandah staterooms still available and potentially empty at sailing. The location on deck 5 is great though, with the theater and Oceaneers right by the room.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?
Oh wow, I didn’t realize you can get assigned a navigators verandah. I’d be super disappointed too.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Disney Magic 11/10/18

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C, 6028

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, it's a verandah, what's not to be happy about?

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 51 days

It is a Verandah, so yes, it would be a possibility with VGT.
I don’t know that I necessarily agree with that based on the wording in the *gt rate small print compared with the wording of the stateroom categories. If I were the op, I’d call Disney and discuss the discrepancy. Worth a try.

I don’t know that I necessarily agree with that based on the wording in the *gt rate small print compared with the wording of the stateroom categories. If I were the op, I’d call Disney and discuss the discrepancy. Worth a try.

It is still considered a verandah, so I doubt you would get very far with a discussion.

And actually it says “verandah, view may be obstructed” - so yes, the wording does include navigator verandahs in there.

It is still considered a verandah, so I doubt you would get very far with a discussion.

And actually it says “verandah, view may be obstructed” - so yes, the wording does include navigator verandahs in there.

I’m only looking at the small print and room descriptions for my particular ship, but according to my research I would certainly take the time to call.
I don’t even see what you mentioned in the small print or the main description for our sailing. I’m not going to take the time to reasearch all the ships and sailings since that doesn’t affect me.
The OP can check the particulars for her contract and decide if it worth the phone call or not.

I’m only looking at the small print and room descriptions for my particular ship, but according to my research I would certainly take the time to call.
I don’t even see what you mentioned in the small print or the main description for our sailing. I’m not going to take the time to reasearch all the ships and sailings since that doesn’t affect me.
The OP can check the particulars for her contract and decide if it worth the phone call or not.

I could only look at what I did since you haven't listed your specific sailing. But I looked at several and all had the description I quoted as a possibility for verandah. Are you positive you booked VGT? Or did you book GTY for a specific category? There is a HUGE difference in those bookings.

Given that a navigator's verandah is categorized under "Verandah" on ALL sailings, if you book VGT (which means Verandah Guarantee) that is a chance you are taking. If you're not wiling to take that chance, you probably shouldn't book VGT.

We booked VGT last year on the MAGIC on a San Juan sailing. We were two couples so only two in each room. We both got the Navigators Verandah on Deck 5 right by the movie theater. I was so sad the first day because I felt so ripped off but I knew that it was a chance you take. Others on our cruise got wonderful full Verandah mid ship with their VGT rate but most of them had more people in the room. Today I booked the exact same cruise in December because I am able to get a TA rate and it was such a good price I couldn't pass it up. It is coded as a GTY 07A. Im still planning on we'll get a Navigator Verandah and I fully expect to get the last pickings but I will be curious to see where we are assigned since it is coded differently for the TA appreciation rate.

We booked VGT last year on the MAGIC on a San Juan sailing. We were two couples so only two in each room. We both got the Navigators Verandah on Deck 5 right by the movie theater. I was so sad the first day because I felt so ripped off but I knew that it was a chance you take. Others on our cruise got wonderful full Verandah mid ship with their VGT rate but most of them had more people in the room. Today I booked the exact same cruise in December because I am able to get a TA rate and it was such a good price I couldn't pass it up. It is coded as a GTY 07A. Im still planning on we'll get a Navigator Verandah and I fully expect to get the last pickings but I will be curious to see where we are assigned since it is coded differently for the TA appreciation rate.

Yeah...the GTY is different from VGT anyway - though in the case is a 7A GTY your starting point is the same. My guess is the poster saying they will call if they get a 7A because their description (which no copy of the text has been provided) as a GTY for a different verandah category thus making their starting level higher than 7A.

YES! We have. Oct 2016 on the Fantasy. It was just myself, DH and DS7. We booked VGT and got assigned a 4B - deck 8, midship. It was a really spacious room for just us 3.

Yeah...the GTY is different from VGT anyway - though in the case is a 7A GTY your starting point is the same. My guess is the poster saying they will call if they get a 7A because their description (which no copy of the text has been provided) as a GTY for a different verandah category thus making their starting level higher than 7A.

This doesn't really affect me, I was just suggesting the OP call if he/she wished. It isn't an argument. :confused:I have sailed GTY and GT before and am again soon. I'm not all that concerned about it myself.

YES! We have. Oct 2016 on the Fantasy. It was just myself, DH and DS7. We booked VGT and got assigned a 4B - deck 8, midship. It was a really spacious room for just us 3.

Thanks for the response. I received our room assignment, and it was not meant to be this time. 4 of us in a 5C. Oh well, we have a verandah, I'm happy.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Magic (Dec 14th)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 22 (I checked today just for fun and thought it was a mistake!! Thanksgiving really is the best :P)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Both 5B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Absolutely! The rooms are mid ship and on the side of the boat we wanted!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2 rooms, and they are connecting
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 112

Guess I'm getting anxious. We sail on Monday 12/10 (a week away) on the Dream and when I log into the Disney Cruise website, at the top it says GTY, but when I scroll down it says:

Your Stateroom: GTY
Category: VGT

Based on what I'm reading...the worst case scenario is that we'll get a room number assigned when we arrive at Port Canaveral? I'm kinda hoping to get assigned sooner though so I can learn a little more about the location and any nuances. I see others that posted that they've been assigned a few weeks in advance so I wonder what the difference is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!