Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

Guess I'm getting anxious. We sail on Monday 12/10 (a week away) on the Dream and when I log into the Disney Cruise website, at the top it says GTY, but when I scroll down it says:

Your Stateroom: GTY
Category: VGT

Based on what I'm reading...the worst case scenario is that we'll get a room number assigned when we arrive at Port Canaveral? I'm kinda hoping to get assigned sooner though so I can learn a little more about the location and any nuances. I see others that posted that they've been assigned a few weeks in advance so I wonder what the difference is.

The difference is you have a VGT (meaning ANY verandah, not a specific category verandah)and those are assigned usually 10ish days out.

This thread is GTY where people pick a category (4E, 9C, 8B, etc) but not a cabin number. These are usually assigned 50ish days out.

But ANY cabin with a guarantee status (either type) can be assigned as late as at the port.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A, 6067
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Mixed feelings. Would have liked a split bath, but we are mid ship and on a higher deck. Most importantly we are on the boat! :)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? No
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 186

Guess I'm getting anxious. We sail on Monday 12/10 (a week away) on the Dream and when I log into the Disney Cruise website, at the top it says GTY, but when I scroll down it says:

Based on what I'm reading...the worst case scenario is that we'll get a room number assigned when we arrive at Port Canaveral? I'm kinda hoping to get assigned sooner though so I can learn a little more about the location and any nuances. I see others that posted that they've been assigned a few weeks in advance so I wonder what the difference is.
You have the right thread. My impression is that most people have assignments by one week out, but they can assign up to port arrival. I think Tuesdays are lucky for assignments. Fingers crossed for you!!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT x2
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 5026 & 5028
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? excited for location and extended verandah. Not excited my boys have to share a bed and my teen gets to sleep on the couch bed. Family of 6, rooms sleep 3 each. It will be fine, but I would have preferred one of the rooms to have the pullman bed. First priority was connecting, as we got it, so I won't whine. haha!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure, checked at 11:30am and it was there.

The difference is you have a VGT (meaning ANY verandah, not a specific category verandah)and those are assigned usually 10ish days out.

This thread is GTY where people pick a category (4E, 9C, 8B, etc) but not a cabin number. These are usually assigned 50ish days out.

But ANY cabin with a guarantee status (either type) can be assigned as late as at the port.

You have the right thread. My impression is that most people have assignments by one week out, but they can assign up to port arrival. I think Tuesdays are lucky for assignments. Fingers crossed for you!!

Thank you for the insights :)

I'm sure you'll get confirmation within a day or two.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A #10004
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy. We have booked several Forward rooms, and we're very excited to have a room in the forward on the 10th floor!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? (Brother booked a few days after us, and he was assigned the joining room next to us)
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure, checked about 8pm and it was there
9. What month is your cruise? December

Last edited:

Well, got assigned 8640 on the Dream! It's an aft Deluxe Veranda. Seems like a good spot to be, sandwiched between staterooms above and below, so hopefully minimal noise outside of normal hallway noise :)

This is my first cruise and I'm excited!

Great news! Tuesdays are lucky :)

#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A #9126
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! We love aft on deck 9 and are thrilled with the extra room in a 4A.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 10:30 a.m.
#9. What month is your cruise? December

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5D- Deck 6 Aft
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? YES
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure - was assigned sometime during the day
#9. What month is your cruise? December

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11-C - Deck 6 Forward - Booked 11-C - Deck 2 Aft
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure - was assigned sometime during the day
#9. What month is your cruise? February '19

Last edited:
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11-C - Deck 6 Forward - Booked 11-C - Deck 2 Aft
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
#9. What month is your cruise? February '19

Wait, you booked VERANDAH GT and got assigned an INSIDE?? What am I missing here that you're happy about it?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT - Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 7
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11C Stateroom 2015
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy that I have an assigned room on a Disney cruise! :love: I'm traveling by myself, so I won't be inconvenienced by the lack of a split bathroom.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book 17

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A, midship (10078)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! It's a family verandah with a 5th berth and we love deck 10, despite being under the main pool.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Thursday -- I checked and saw the assignment in the afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? January 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 59 days

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C 2540
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 (most in the Facebook group got it this day)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? First cruise, so no idea, I am only concerned as I am located under the restaurants. I assume it will be okay, as during first dinner I will be doing stuff and will have dinner myself during the second seating. There might be some noise later in the evening due to tables being repositioned for the next night, but there shouldn't be a lot of noise at night, or early morning?
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Friday Afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? January 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 55 days

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Dream
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10520
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy! This is actually only a few rooms down from where we usually book. Love deck 10 under the spa!
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? Feb 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 30 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!