Letting the dice roll

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
Sort of last minute, last month, we decided that we would like to be down in WDW on New Year's Eve. Not to spend it in a park (we wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole), just that it would be nice to be out of town, and a nice cozy NYE in WDW seemed like a good idea.

Well - there were NO studios available for the length of our stay (31 Dec - 4 Jan).

I got a studio at OKW for two of the nights, and cash nights for the other two. I waitlisted the two cash nights for points.

I also waitlisted at BWV, VWL and BCV.

DVC called a few weeks ago - my first night had cleared. The CM said, I could get you a room for one of your night at one of the other resorts. We chatted. She told me that often many people cancel right at the 31 day mark.

I thought to myself, "well, I do have the cash night." So I told her, "Let it ride!"

This week my second waitlisted night cleared. So, now I'm all on points at OKW.

What we would really like is BWV, so once again, we're going to "let it ride."

I'm actually sort of having fun throwing the DCV dice.

It's a lot less "nerve wracking" to "let it ride" when you have a back up plan in place, LOL!

Good luck with the BWV waitlist!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter