Liberty of the Seas May 21-28 video!

Thanks for posting this! We love Tracey!

Thanks for posting the video, looks like everyone had a fantastic time! We head out in July & are really excited about our first Royal cruise.

A few quick questions:
  • Did you do My Time dining or were you assigned a seating?
  • Which excursion did you book for Stingray City?
  • How was the food?
  • At one point in the video (around the 9:13 mark), you're in the main shopping area with tons of people & what looks like shirts for sale. What was happening at that time? I loathe crowds & would like to avoid that!
  • Did you guys try climbing the rock wall or the water slides? If so, how were the lines?
  • Seeing the crowds to board in Galveston, did the lines move pretty quickly? What time did you arrive to board?
  • Did you do any excursions in Jamaica? If so, what was it & would you recommend it?
Great video! Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. We cannot wait to get on board!

Thanks for posting the video, looks like everyone had a fantastic time! We head out in July & are really excited about our first Royal cruise.

A few quick questions:
  • How was the food?
  • At one point in the video (around the 9:13 mark), you're in the main shopping area with tons of people & what looks like shirts for sale. What was happening at that time? I loathe crowds & would like to avoid that!
  • Did you guys try climbing the rock wall or the water slides? If so, how were the lines?
  • Seeing the crowds to board in Galveston, did the lines move pretty quickly? What time did you arrive to board?
  • Did you do any excursions in Jamaica? If so, what was it & would you recommend it?
Great video! Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. We cannot wait to get on board!

I'm not the OP , but I highly recommend Nativeway Sports for Stingray City excursions. They limit their group to 25 people and we were one of the first boats to get there in the morning so it wasn't too crowded. As we were getting ready to leave lots of huge boats packed with people showed up.

Hi! Sorry, I just saw your questions! Here are my thoughts...

We did the My Time dining, and it was really a great idea for us. We were able to customize our dining times each day based on our port excursions and show schedules. A quick phone call or visit to the attendants outside the main dining room and we had our time...

This was in Grand Cayman. We didn't prebook it, but got off the ship and found a provider on the dock. They have a great setup there, as there is a white line that third-party providers have to stay behind...but if they are in the port area, then they are reputable...so we felt comfortable going with them. I can't remember their name, but they were the largest provider there. It was $45 a person...waaaay cheaper than booking onboard. It was stingray city, snorkeling, and starfish beach. Well worth the time and money...
  • How was the food?

We are not picky people, but if you like Applebees or Chili's then you will enjoy the Windjammer buffet, and the main dining room is a step above that...

LOL! I know right! At certain times they will announce a really good sale and people flock the tables like this...It is easily avoidable...just look at your daily planner for the sales, and avoid that end of the Prominade. This particular sale, they were selling really cool RCCL branded tees for $10 each, so they were a hot commodity.

We left the rock wall and slides as a family to everyone else. My oldest daughter, who is 13, got exclusive access to the Flow Rider and slides with her teen club for a couple of hours, and she didn't care for the slides, but loved the boogey boarding on the Flow Rider.

Honestly, the lines moved pretty consistently, but it took a good while to board the ship: like an hour and a half...there are a lot of people boarding...but everyone was in good spirits and friendly

My wife and two girls (along with my cousin and his wife) took a beach excursion while in Jamaica. I didn't have any footage of that because I didn't go! Lol! We booked this one onboard, as we had some OBC to burn up and I had read that Jamaica was a place that you didn't want to accidentally go to the wrong place.... They had a great day! It was called Blue Waters, and it was all inclusive with food, drink and entertainment... great time for them. I'm not a beach guy, so I got off the ship and shopped (surprised my wife with some tanzanite earrings) got back on board and read a book! (BTW, my cousin who accompanied them is a sherrif's officer and active military veteran so I was quite comfortable letting them venture out without me.)
I hope you have a great vacation in July! If you have any other questions please let me know! We booked our 20th anniversary cruise while onboard...next stop...ITALY and GREECE!

Thank you for the thorough answers! The information you provided is super helpful.

We did the My Time dining, and it was really a great idea for us. We were able to customize our dining times each day based on our port excursions and show schedules. A quick phone call or visit to the attendants outside the main dining room and we had our time...

We're also doing My Time Dining and have already scheduled our dinner times. I can't wait to see what that experience is like. It's going to be fun!

This was in Grand Cayman. We didn't prebook it, but got off the ship and found a provider on the dock. They have a great setup there, as there is a white line that third-party providers have to stay behind...but if they are in the port area, then they are reputable...so we felt comfortable going with them. I can't remember their name, but they were the largest provider there. It was $45 a person...waaaay cheaper than booking onboard. It was stingray city, snorkeling, and starfish beach. Well worth the time and money...
In Grand Cayman we've done the Cayman Explorer with Marineland Tours (currently $59 through RCL) trip to Stingray City and thought it was one of the best excursions we've ever done. We haven't booked anything for this trip, so we'll have to check out the one you tried. Do you happen to remember the name of the 3rd party operator?

We left the rock wall and slides as a family to everyone else. My oldest daughter, who is 13, got exclusive access to the Flow Rider and slides with her teen club for a couple of hours, and she didn't care for the slides, but loved the boogey boarding on the Flow Rider.
We've booked individual lessons for the Flow Rider for the kids on one of the At Sea days. I'm going to let them know that the teen club gets some time there as well. My son is also 13 and the extra time on the Flow Rider might be enough to get him interested in the teen club for a change. Neither one of my kids have had any interest in the organized kid activities onboard the Disney ships. Maybe this will be different!

Honestly, the lines moved pretty consistently, but it took a good while to board the ship: like an hour and a half...there are a lot of people boarding...but everyone was in good spirits and friendly
Good to know about the lines to board. We're spending the night before in Galveston, so we'll be able to get to the port early. I've read that 10:30 am is a good time to get in line, but don't know if I can get the teenagers up & moving that early. :-) What time did you guys get in line? Any suggestions for getting lunch once you board?

My wife and two girls (along with my cousin and his wife) took a beach excursion while in Jamaica. I didn't have any footage of that because I didn't go! Lol! We booked this one onboard, as we had some OBC to burn up and I had read that Jamaica was a place that you didn't want to accidentally go to the wrong place.... They had a great day! It was called Blue Waters, and it was all inclusive with food, drink and entertainment... great time for them. I'm not a beach guy, so I got off the ship and shopped (surprised my wife with some tanzanite earrings) got back on board and read a book!
In Cozumel we're going on our own to a zip lining place my wife and her sisters visited with a different cruise line. As mentioned, in Grand Cayman we're likely to go with a 3rd party operator like you guys did. We've yet to book anything for Jamaica, but have heard the same thing - you definitely don't want to end up in the wrong place. I think we're going to end up either doing some sort of tubing excursion or maybe a dune buggy adventure. Time is running out, I'm hoping to book this week.

Any other tips or hints you care to share?

Kudos on booking the anniversary trip, Italy and Greece should be wonderful! Are you taking the kids or will that be a Mom & Dad trip?

Thanks again for the great video!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter