Liberty ship time

CesD

Mouseketeer
Does any one know what time the ship uses when in grand cayman and falmouth? is it central standard time?
thanks

The ship will stay on the same time period of it's home port through out the cruise. Always stay on ship's time!

The ship will stay on the same time period of it's home port through out the cruise. Always stay on ship's time!

thank you. do you know if Liberty's ship time follows Central Standard?

If their home port is Galveston, Texas, then it is central time. We call it "Chicago time."

I think the BEST answer is "stay on ship time". Because I've been on a ship (Royal) when they changed the time.

They will tell you in the Compass. The important thing there is that you get the compass on Monday *for Tuesday*. So on Monday night if your Compass says "turn the clocks back", do it on TUESDAY night. Not Monday. Met some grumpy and confused people in the gym because hubby had changed the clocks on the night they got the Compass, forgetting it was for the following day.

Also, if you use your phone or an iWatch to keep track of time, it will switch to whatever the local time zone is, so make sure you pay attention to the announcements about ships time.

Yep. It's a very good idea for someone in the group to wear a normal basic watch. Set it to ship time (making sure each day that it's correct) and follow that.

The ship will stay on the same time period of it's home port through out the cruise.
Not always. There have been reports of Royal ships changing "ships time" to match local. What you need to do is make sure your time piece matches the time on the ship before you step off the gangway.
Always stay on ship's time!
Always!

Also, if you use your phone or an iWatch to keep track of time, it will switch to whatever the local time zone is, so make sure you pay attention to the announcements about ships time.
Not always. If you leave your phone on airplane mode and don't connect to any wifi hotspots, the phone won't know to change.

thanks all. i booked a private excursion and they gave pick up time in central standard and i was just trying to figure out if that meant we had to get off right away or if we had an extra hour. i guess i will figure it out when i get there

thanks all. i booked a private excursion and they gave pick up time in central standard and i was just trying to figure out if that meant we had to get off right away or if we had an extra hour. i guess i will figure it out when i get there
Excursion operators are very familiar with ship schedules, and will usually quote you a time that lines up with the ship's arrival in port.

Yep. It's a very good idea for someone in the group to wear a normal basic watch. Set it to ship time (making sure each day that it's correct) and follow that.

Great idea! I wear a fitbit that will sync with my iphone. I keep a standard watch around and it sounds like a great idea to wear it instead while cruising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter