Lifetime Park Passes

elaine and the boys

DIS Veteran
I would assume that Disney might have some type of "golden ticket" for a few special people, allowing them lifetime park admittance.

But what about "lifetime" park passes for the masses? If Disney were to offer a "lifetime" pass, how much $$$$ would you be willing to pay for it? How much do you think Disney would charge for it?

Perhaps Disney could offer a "lifetime" park pass for the duration of one's DVC ownership....say, for $5000 or more, you could purchase one or more "DVC lifetime" passes and have the ability to finance it as part of your DVC package.

What do you think? Would you buy a lifetime pass if Disney offered one?

Since this is not an actual pass offered by Disney World, I'm going to move this over to our theme parks community board.

I would assume that Disney might have some type of "golden ticket" for a few special people, allowing them lifetime park admittance.

But what about "lifetime" park passes for the masses? If Disney were to offer a "lifetime" pass, how much $$$$ would you be willing to pay for it? How much do you think Disney would charge for it?

Perhaps Disney could offer a "lifetime" park pass for the duration of one's DVC ownership....say, for $5000 or more, you could purchase one or more "DVC lifetime" passes and have the ability to finance it as part of your DVC package.

What do you think? Would you buy a lifetime pass if Disney offered one?

As Disney does offer such a ticket (it's simply called a "lifetime pass"), the eligibility pool for who receives this ticket is extremely limited. Noteables include:
  • Current/past Walt Disney Company CEOs
  • The first three guests at Disneyland's 1955 opening (two posed in a picture with Walt Disney, while another was the first to purchase a ticket)
Though I haven't seen it, I imagine those who are enshrined as "Disney Legends" would fit neatly into this pool, too.

With that said, this is a pretty exclusive club -- I can't imagine the WDC selling such passes to people who don't have some sort of a signifcant connection to WDC.

I can't ever see this actually happening. Disney makes far too much off their passes to ever do this, I think. and the crowd buying a $5000 pass is significantly smaller than the general population. To me it seems almost like too much work when Disney is rolling in the gravy already and raising their park admission 5% each year. It definitely wouldn't benefit them much. I read somewhere they make something like 15mil a day....

I think it would be interesting to know how many of us Disney fans would consider buying such a pass, IF it existed.....and how much would one be willing to pay?

Personally, I think the temptation to visit Disney would be much greater, knowing that my passes were already paid for. For Disney, that means more potential dining, hotel, and merchandise purchases. Not a bad result for offering such a pass!

I think it would be interesting to know how many of us Disney fans would consider buying such a pass, IF it existed.....and how much would one be willing to pay?

Personally, I think the temptation to visit Disney would be much greater, knowing that my passes were already paid for. For Disney, that means more potential dining, hotel, and merchandise purchases. Not a bad result for offering such a pass!

I agree with Elaine - look at how fast people book their vacations as soon as Free Dining is announced. Can you imagine offering a lifetime pass. I also agree with the OP about doing some offer thru the DVC members that surely would be a BIG incentive to get people to buy them. And of course the FL residents should get some inclusion into that deal too (just cause we're so close to the Mouse.:))

I know Disney won't offer this anytime soon but one can dream :cloud9:

I know of a lifetime pass to a ski area. It's cost was about 75 times the cost of an season pass. This is really a great bargain since the annual rate of today may be 75 times higher in 75 years.

I know of a lifetime pass to a ski area. It's cost was about 75 times the cost of an season pass. This is really a great bargain since the annual rate of today may be 75 times higher in 75 years.

So that would be 75 multplied by $500 (annual pass) = $37,500 :eek:

A former cast member who lives in Kissimmee, Florida got hers after she retired.

It'd be nice to OFFICIALLY have one. Would save on me having to renew it every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter