Lightning Mcqueen's Racing Academy

B and the B gets good crowds every show. I don't think it's going anywhere, at least not without a similar replacement (Aladdin, Snow White, who knows). With the SW crowds, they are not going to close any attractions.

I've been hoping for a RnRC retheme since day 1. Never liked Aerosmith, thought it was a bad fit. Not that I wanted Hannah Montana either (though, my DD came up with that idea independently when she was around 8).

Personally, I would LOVE it themed to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

At first I was like, nooooo (I love the Aerosmith songs in the ride and the cheesy "how about some backstage passes?" thing), but then you brought me back with the Dr. Teeth idea.

Does Cars have a nostalgic fan base? Outside of toys being sold, it never struck me as being a beloved property.
yes.

My boys are 6 and 7 and have loved Cars for almost their entire lives.

I've got a co-worker who took his 14 year old son to see Cars 3 because he grew up on Cars.

for some reason Cars gets a bad rap, but ask just about any parent with young boys and they'll tell you their kids love it.

yes.

My boys are 6 and 7 and have loved Cars for almost their entire lives.

I've got a co-worker who took his 14 year old son to see Cars 3 because he grew up on Cars.

for some reason Cars gets a bad rap, but ask just about any parent with young boys and they'll tell you their kids love it.

Sorry, didn't meant to sound like I was putting down Cars. I have a son, and he never has had a huge interest, but I know that's not everyone. I'll go back to my mantra that any attraction, if done well, can be a great attraction no matter the IP (e.g., Splash Mountain).

To be fair, I'd love to see more Sword in the Stone represented, but far, far fewer would be clamoring for that above more Cars. :)

Any rumors on soft openings for this show?
I'll be there on the 27th (just a few days before opening) .. if so .. how do you find out those are happening? Just walk back to the theater to check what's happening and luck into it? Or do they have some sort of sign/announcement when you enter the park?

Shame I'll be missing it, but can't catch it all -- otherwise I'd just wait to go until 2022 :).

It will be nice to have something in this area that the whole family can enjoy.

I saw the short Disney video...so my question is...will everyone in the audience be wearing the VR set over their heads?

Like I said before I've heard that an RnR retheme and Luigi's is on the docket as well.

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.
Ugh, I hope they never do Luigi's, it is a truly terrible ride. It is a prime example of why Disney has historically not used technology for technology's sake, but rather to further the story. Luigi's is simply there to showcase the trackless ride tech, which while impressive is really boring to ride.

Ugh, I hope they never do Luigi's, it is a truly terrible ride. It is a prime example of why Disney has historically not used technology for technology's sake, but rather to further the story. Luigi's is simply there to showcase the trackless ride tech, which while impressive is really boring to ride.
It is not and was never intended to be an e-ticket. It's a complement ride for the land, and something for families.

B and the B gets good crowds every show. I don't think it's going anywhere, at least not without a similar replacement (Aladdin, Snow White, who knows). With the SW crowds, they are not going to close any attractions.

I've been hoping for a RnRC retheme since day 1. Never liked Aerosmith, thought it was a bad fit. Not that I wanted Hannah Montana either (though, my DD came up with that idea independently when she was around 8).

Personally, I would LOVE it themed to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.
I hope they do replace Beauty and the Beast, it is ok, but really it is time for something new.

As for why RnR has Aerosmith, there is a YouTube video about how that came to be. In summary they we're not only not Disney's first choice, but I believe they were fourth or fifth and they only came to them because everyone else was either too expensive or refused, so Aerosmith was working on something else with Disney at the time and Disney approached them and they were more than enthusiastic to do it. Incidentally, the ride was already fully constructed before they even had a band signed on.

All of that being said, I like the idea that someone proposed of retheming it to the Muppets, it really is an underutilized IP and with the rumors of a new Muppet show coming to Disney+, it would be a great time to invest in more Muppets in the parks.

It is not and was never intended to be an e-ticket. It's a complement ride for the land, and something for families.
I didn't say it needed to be an eticket ride, it does not compliment the land in any way when everyone who is getting off of it says that it is 5 minutes of their life they will never get back and resents it being there.

Seriously, it is that bad, I am perfectly fine with things not being eticket rides, I love some of the smaller rides. I actually really liked the rides in Bugsland for example, I like the caurosels, etc. But Luigi's is terrible, the flying saucer was much better in all honesty, still wasn't an eticket, but much better.

I didn't say it needed to be an eticket ride, it does not compliment the land in any way when everyone who is getting off of it says that it is 5 minutes of their life they will never get back and resents it being there.

Seriously, it is that bad, I am perfectly fine with things not being eticket rides, I love some of the smaller rides. I actually really liked the rides in Bugsland for example, I like the caurosels, etc. But Luigi's is terrible, the flying saucer was much better in all honesty, still wasn't an eticket, but much better.
Flying tires wasn't much better and was a mess for maintenance. I also doubt everyone agrees it is terrible.

Flying tires wasn't much better and was a mess for maintenance. I also doubt everyone agrees it is terrible.
Just stand at the exit for 20 minutes or so and count the number of people saying they liked it is they thought it was terrible.

I am not exaggerating at all here, it is really bad, flying tires was at least enjoyable to some people, but yes maintenance was an issue, how could it not be?

I don't care for Luigi's, but it is better than Flying Tires. That seemed like a pointless ride that always had problems with the floatation. Plus my kids will like Luigi's for at least the next couple of years before they become angsty teens.

Not only boys. In my experience lots of toddlers/preschoolers of either sex gravitate towards things to do with cars, trucks, buses etc. When my older daughter was 2 she wanted to watch Cars in endless loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter