Lightning Mcqueen's Racing Academy

So Anyone actually see this thing running yet? Seems like someone would have had to preview this since it is less than 1 week from opening.

So Anyone actually see this thing running yet? Seems like someone would have had to preview this since it is less than 1 week from opening.
They don’t necessarily need to preview it with guests that far in advance. I’m sure it’s run with cast and those working on it.

Cars would be such an easy transition too.

a new video
rethemed limo
radiator springs setting

I do see that but mentally I have issues transitioning something viewed as the most thrilling ride in all of WDW with loops, etc. - so something with a themed more aimed at kids. Just the level of thrill (not to mention the height restriction for the ride) just doesn't seem a match for Cars - unless they do more substantial changes to it

If they wanted to do more of a Pixar area, I could see Incredibles or something like that ... but not cute googly-eyed cars

Just stand at the exit for 20 minutes or so and count the number of people saying they liked it is they thought it was terrible.

I am not exaggerating at all here, it is really bad, flying tires was at least enjoyable to some people, but yes maintenance was an issue, how could it not be?

Not only are you exaggerating but you and in the minority here. Don’t bash a ride this hard when a lot of people who ride it find it cute and fun. It’s not supposed to be a GREAT ride and it has a nice and short 20 minute wait most of the time. Personally I love Luigi’s becuase it’s oretty unique. Mater’s is fun too but like Luigi’s, it is at most a C ticket ride and viewed as such it’s still a good time. Flying tires on the other hand was pretty terrible haha

If they wanted to do more of a Pixar area, I could see Incredibles or something like that ... but not cute googly-eyed cars

I think "The Incredibles" has the same audience as "Cars". But Cars would be an easier transition of the two because of the limo vehicle and music (Life is a highway, You might think).

Last edited:
I think "The Incredibles" has the same audience as "Cars". But Cars would be an easier transition of the two because of the limo vehicle and music (life is a highway).

I think Incredibles skews much older - that was a big thing when the sequel came out people joking ath they are in their 20s and 30s and would be there opening day ... I don't think any (many) adults cared about any of the Cars sequels

Ok other Pixar related ideas:
- Wall-E and it can be like when he was using the fire extinguisher and trying to get back onto the ship
- new take on Crushes coaster where you are riding the EAC
- Monsters Inc door room scene
- Cocoa, soaring through the Land of the Dead area

I think Incredibles skews much older - that was a big thing when the sequel came out people joking ath they are in their 20s and 30s and would be there opening day ... I don't think any (many) adults cared about any of the Cars sequels

And Cars was much more popular with (mostly younger) boys, while The Incredibles was popular with everyone.

And Cars was much more popular with (mostly younger) boys, while The Incredibles was popular with everyone.

and I don't want to disparage Cars as a property ... and Cars Land in DCA is amazing. I just am thinking specifically about a very fast roller coaster with multiple loops and a minimum height requirements of 48"

Just thinking of other Cars related things, for Lego, Cars is in the dublo and junior sets which are aimed and younger kids - does that match a multiinversion rollercoaster?

and I don't want to disparage Cars as a property ... and Cars Land in DCA is amazing. I just am thinking specifically about a very fast roller coaster with multiple loops and a minimum height requirements of 48"

Just thinking of other Cars related things, for Lego, Cars is in the dublo and junior sets which are aimed and younger kids - does that match a multiinversion rollercoaster?

Well, they could add car booster seats and scare the ........ah, never mind pirate:

Cars came out in 2006, so there is bound to be people in their Teens to 20's that are still fond of it. Heck, I'm fond of it and I'm an adult with two kids.

They could still go with the 50's and 60's themings if they do a Cars and Incredibles Land.
I just watched the second incredibles last weekend and I had the realization of the movie is supposed to be dated? I don’t know why but it never occurred to me watching the first one

I just watched the second incredibles last weekend and I had the realization of the movie is supposed to be dated? I don’t know why but it never occurred to me watching the first one

Me too, I didn't realize it was supposed to be like the early 60's until the recent block party. They've seemed to really ramp it up in the event and like you said in the sequel.

Speaking of the sequel, it was a major disappointment for me. It just felt like a regurgitation of the first film, but a worse version. The world doesn't want superheroes anymore, Mr/Mrs Incredible keeps their undercover job a secret, Mrs. Incredible yells at her kids about something.

The only part I liked was the fight with the baby and raccoon.

Me too, I didn't realize it was supposed to be like the early 60's until the recent block party. They've seemed to really ramp it up in the event and like you said in the sequel.

Speaking of the sequel, it was a major disappointment for me. It just felt like a regurgitation of the first film, but a worse version. The world doesn't want superheroes anymore, Mr/Mrs Incredible keeps their undercover job a secret, Mrs. Incredible yells at her kids about something.

The only part I liked was the fight with the baby and raccoon.
I didn’t hate the second one, but I think the first one is vastly better. It’s also one of my favorite Pixar movies, so it’s hard to compete with that.

I’m not really sure what made me realize it was set in a different time. But I had a sort of bizarre awakening to it during the second film that really threw me for a loop

I didn’t hate the second one, but I think the first one is vastly better. It’s also one of my favorite Pixar movies, so it’s hard to compete with that.

I’m not really sure what made me realize it was set in a different time. But I had a sort of bizarre awakening to it during the second film that really threw me for a loop

For me it was the train scene, it reminded me of the short film "Paperman".

I agree with you completely about the first one. It didn't come off as a 60's themed film at all, except for maybe some of the vehicles. Perhaps it's because they made Incredibles in the early days of Pixar and didn't have the ability to create crowds of humans. So there wasn't enough examples to emphasize the 60's atmosphere.

For me it was the train scene, it reminded me of the short film "Paperman".

I agree with you completely about the first one. It didn't come off as a 60's themed film at all, except for maybe some of the vehicles. Perhaps it's because they made Incredibles in the early days of Pixar and didn't have the ability to create crowds of humans. So there wasn't enough examples to emphasize the 60's atmosphere.
It’s a very interesting aesthetic, and I kinda like it now that I understand that that’s how it is.

I kinda wish they’d made the sequel sooner after the first came out. Though I did enjoy hearing bob odenkirks voice while waiting for the new season of “better call Saul”

It will be nice to have something in this area that the whole family can enjoy.
I'm really looking forward to this for baby swapping RnRC. Luckily I think DD with be tall enough to ride ToT next time we're there, but it would be good for baby swapping that one too.

Any first hand experiences of the show. I understand it’s supposed to premier today! Looking forward to reports to check whether to include in our Aug trip planning. DS5 is a big McQueen, and with all the princesses appealing more to DD6 this could be something he feels more targeted to himself!

I am also hoping to see this. Our kids love Cars. As an aside, I originally had it in our touring plans for our HS day, initially Touring Plans was giving it only a 5 minute wait time. I notice as of today, they have changed the wait time to anywhere from 30-45 minutes, completely screwing up our well laid plans, lol. I'm hoping wait times drop some by our May 14th trip, but I'm not holding my breath. I am a bit surprised this doesn't offer a FP+.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter