Linda & Dave's Wedding 6/21/11: WP/Off Property/Morocco;Wedding day:pre-ceremony pics

Linda sweetie - I am so happy that you have started your TR and eager to read more!!
You were a beautiful bride and look like you were having a ball in the MK with your family. I particularly love the fireworks photo - very arty!! More please!!

you looked absolutely amazing - so happy you had a great first day!
can't wait to read about the rest of the trip!

It was a fun start to the trip!

Linda sweetie - I am so happy that you have started your TR and eager to read more!!
You were a beautiful bride and look like you were having a ball in the MK with your family. I particularly love the fireworks photo - very arty!! More please!!

Thanks so much! The fireworks photo was a fluke. My dad took it with his cell phone, but we all agreed it was a pretty cool pic. :)

Day 2: Sunday, June 19, 2011

On this day, we headed over to Hollywood Studios, which historically, has been my least favorite park; however, my opinion changed on this trip.

My DBIL, DNe, DH and I did Tower of Terror, which was my first time on the ride. In the past, I have been terrified of it, but DH talked me into going on. I must have a look of death on my face in line because the man behind me assured it wasn't that bad of a ride. He warned me that I would know the fall was going to start when I felt warm because that meant we were outside. I was grateful for this head's up. My mom, dad, sister and DNi were off meeting characters and going to shows.

Kate and some of the characters she got to meet
Tiggerandeeyore.jpg

My sister, niece and mom. Kate was very excited to show Minnie her Minnie Mouse earrings! She just got her ears pierced the week before.
minnieandthegirls.jpg

I ended up loving the ride, and throughout our whole trip, we went on it four more times. It's now in my top 5 favorites.

My brother-in-law, nephew, DH and I then headed over to Rock-n-Roller Coaster, also my first time on that ride. The line was long, but we weren't sure how late we were staying, so we didn't want to do fast passes. Very cool ride! I really like the one corkscrew turn.

After that, we separated out and my DNe, DH, mom, dad and I went to Sci-Fi for Father's Day lunch. It was perfect for my dad! He loves that time period, since it's when he was a kid, and he had just watched Attack of the 50 Foot Woman on TV before we left for Florida. My DNe also really enjoyed the experience.

My mom and nephew in the front row, me and DH in the middle and my dad in the back
scifi.jpg

My dad, loving it
Popinhisglory.jpg

I had the shrimp and pasta, which was pretty tasty. My dad had the BLT soup and the Reuben sandwich, both of which he loved.

Then, we went next door to the Writers' Cafe where DH and I shared this cookie. Sooooooo good!
cookie.jpg

We briefly met back up with my sister, BIL and niece and then separated out again. Dne, DH and I went to do Rock-n-Roller Coaster again while everyone else went to the Beauty & the Beast show. The line was once again long, and this time, the ride broke down while we were in line so we ended up waiting about 80 minutes for it. Then, when we went on, there was a problem with the launch of the ride. Stephen Tyler did his countdown and we just sat there. I started to panic because if anyone will meet their death on an amusement park ride, it's me. The countdown came on again, and we were off, although all three of us thought it was slower than it should have been.

After that we met up again and BIL, DNe, DH and I did Star Tours; DH, Dne and I liked it, but my BIL said he was disappointed. We met back up with everyone at the sorcerer's hat, and my Dni got to be in the Camp Rock show that was going on. She takes dance lessons, and she was super excited that she got to dance.

Kateinshow.jpg

After that, we looked in a few shops and then headed back to the condo. The kids went swimming, while DH and I waited for a phone call that his family was checked into their hotel and ready to meet up.

We got the call, and this is when things started to go wrong. DH's sister, BIL and mom made it down and were checked into All Star Music. However, on the way down, they ran into some car trouble. DH's BIL called and asked DH to find him a mechanic. Um. . .really? We aren't from around here either, and you can use a phone book just as well as we can (that's what I said to myself in my head). Then, apparently, DH's BIL exaggerated some and was saying how upset his sister and mom were and he wasn't sure they'd make it back to PA in the car. . . DH gets off the phone and says, "What the he^& does he want me to do about it?" And then I, in my pre-wedding hyper emotional state, start to cry about how much I just wanted everyone to have a good time and how I wanted everything to go well. Which, then, makes DH tear up a little because now he feels bad. DH uses his phone to find a Pep Boys nearby and writes down the contact info to give them when we meet up at them in DTD after their dinner at Captain Jack's.

DH and I freshen up and then head out to meet up with his family. We meet them outside the restaurant, at which point, DH's sister pulls me aside and tells me her husband is overreacting. The check engine light came on, and she said she wasn't worried. She figured it was an emissions thing and they might not get as good gas mileage on the way home, but it wasn't like they were going to be stranded. And not to worry about it. I love her!

DH's sister and BIL
MissyChris.jpg

We walked around DTD, doing a lot of window shopping. I was so excited to take the girls into Arribas Bros, my fave place to window shop! They loved it!

DH's mom, sister and BIL
MissyChrisMary.jpg

After that, we followed them back to their resort, just to find their room because we'd picking DH's mom up later in the week. We visited for a little bit and then headed back to the condo for the night.

Hi, I'm really late joining in - just read everything! having seen your piccies on the bouquet thread (thank goodness the oven has a timer or that would have been one badly burned banana loaf :banana:).

Your flowers were gorgeous and you looked beautiful on your wedding day. I had a few tears when I read about your parents getting you the coach.

Cant wait to read more and see all your fab wedding pictures. :thumbsup2

Linda sweetie - Great update!! I really love the Sci Fi but didn't manage to get there on our VR trip!!! Next time for sure!!

Hi, I'm really late joining in - just read everything! having seen your piccies on the bouquet thread (thank goodness the oven has a timer or that would have been one badly burned banana loaf :banana:).

Your flowers were gorgeous and you looked beautiful on your wedding day. I had a few tears when I read about your parents getting you the coach.

Cant wait to read more and see all your fab wedding pictures. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the compliments!

Joining in for the trip report! Excited to read more. :D

I'm glad people are reading! Although, to be honest, I'd probably write it any way :) DH wants to read it when I'm all done.

Linda sweetie - Great update!! I really love the Sci Fi but didn't manage to get there on our VR trip!!! Next time for sure!!

We all really enjoyed it. Typically when we go, we don't bother with dining reservations and just eat quick service meals. However, since DH and I were planning this trip, we wanted to make sure we included some table service restaurants. We are going back in December and almost booked Sci-Fi again, but there are so many other places we want to try, so we booked ressies at places we haven't eaten at before.

Day 3: Monday, June 20, 2011

The original plan for this day was that both families were going to spend some time together in Epcot before the girls left to go to the Grand Floridian for a ladies' tea at the Garden View Tea Room that I was hosting.

This is a picture of the invitation to the tea that I sent out to all the ladies. It's in here in another post somewhere.
christmas2010003.jpg

Of course, that plan didn't actually happen. My mother, father, sister and niece stayed at the condo so my niece, who had just turned 5, could have a quiet and relaxing morning. My sister was afraid that she would be a train wreck at the tea if she spent the morning in the park. I was upset because I wanted us to all have some time together, but she was totally right (and I knew it at the time, deep down).

So, my BIL, DNe, DH and I were off to Epcot to meet up with DH's family. My BIL and DNe went and did their own thing while the rest of us headed off to ride Nemo. Next, we waited about 80 minutes to do Soarin'. DH's mom LOVED this ride. She was like a little kid oohing and aahing many times. Then we did The Land.

At that point, it was time to meet my BIL and DNe at Spaceship Earth so that BIL could take me, DH's mom and DH's sister over to the Grand Floridian. DNe stayed with DH and his BIL and did Test Track, lunch, Ellen's Energy Adventure.

The rest of the ladies (my mom, sister, niece, and a friend of the family and her sister) met us in the lobby of the GF. I had ordered some sparkly iron on transfers from Etsy and made "tea shirts" for all the ladies to wear. Here are some pictures from the tea.

My sister and niece
lisaandkatetea.jpg

My niece, Kate, and DH's mom, Mary. Kate adores her!
kateandmarytea.jpg

Our group in the lobby
group.jpg

The floor in front of the Garden View Tea Room
MrsPotts.jpg

chip.jpg

rose.jpg

My mother and sister ordered the "Princess Kate Tea" which included, champagne, a cheese sampler with fruit, some shrimp thing, toast and dessert. The rest of us ordered the "Buckingham Palace Tea" which included tea sandwiches, a scone and jam tart and dessert.

teacup.jpg

teapot.jpg

Princess Kate tea
princesskatetea.jpg

Princess Kate dessert
dessert1.jpg

Our princess Kate saying cheese while eating some cheese
katetea-1.jpg

Scone and jam tart
sconeandjamtart.jpg

The dessert with the Buckingham tea. We had a choice of a few pastries. I chose a chocolate eclair and a chocolate hazelnut cream puff. So yummy!
dessert2.jpg

My mom
nanatea.jpg

All the women who go to the tea room get a rose
group2.jpg

It was such a lovely way to spend the afternoon, and it's something that I wouldn't normally have taken the time away from parks to do.

After the tea, my dad picked up my mom, sister and niece, and my BIL picked up me, DH's mom and DH's sister. Dad and company headed back to the condo and the rest of us went back to Epcot to drop off DH's mom and sister and to pick up DH and DNe.

After doing our pick up/drop off, we headed over to POR where DH and I were staying until Friday. DH checked us in and then we headed back to the condo. Keep in mind that at this time, it is 4:30 pm. DH's best man was supposed to come to the condo around 6 pm where we were going to have pizza and wings and hang out until it was time for the girls to head to the hotel for the night while the boys spent wedding eve at the condo. The main reason that DH's best man was staying with them was so that he wouldn't drink and be hungover and/or late for the wedding (he is going through a separation and a bit of a mid-life crisis at the moment and drinks heavily on a regular basis).

On our way back to the condo, DH gets a text from his BM asking where we were because he was in the lobby of the condo. Really? An hour and a half early? Really?:rolleyes: DH was mad, and of course, I was annoyed. So, we get to the condo, DH goes to the lobby to get his BM and finds him drinking a beer. :sad2:

So, we had our dinner and the my BIL, our officiant, did a little rehearsal of the ceremony just with me and DH since one wasn't included in our package.

Then it was time to say goodnight and for the girls to be on their way to the hotel.

Up next: WEDDING DAY!

Linda sweetie - The tea looks absolutely fabulous!!
You know a few things must have changed since my girls and I did the tea at the Garden View on May 3rd!! The 'Princess Kate Tea' must be a new thing as it wasn't on the menu when we had tea there. I assume it is a nod to our new Duchess of Cambridge!!! Also, none of my girls got a rose :confused3. Maybe that is a new thing too.
I love the Garden View Tearoom and we really enjoyed our tea there!!
Looking forward to reading all about the big day itself!!

Linda sweetie - The tea looks absolutely fabulous!!
You know a few things must have changed since my girls and I did the tea at the Garden View on May 3rd!! The 'Princess Kate Tea' must be a new thing as it wasn't on the menu when we had tea there. I assume it is a nod to our new Duchess of Cambridge!!! Also, none of my girls got a rose :confused3. Maybe that is a new thing too.
I love the Garden View Tearoom and we really enjoyed our tea there!!
Looking forward to reading all about the big day itself!!

I wonder if the rose thing is new. At first, I thought we were special because we had a celebration on our reservation. Then, I looked around and every other woman had one, too. So much for feeling special! :laughing:

Oohhh that tea looks amazing!!! SO much fun! I wish I had time to do it while I'm there.

It was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. All the girls really enjoyed it, and we were all surprised at how full we were after. It is definitely worth taking the time to do on a future trip if you get the chance to. I love the Grand Floridian, but we could never afford to stay there, so it's an affordable way to get a little bit of the fancy GF experience!

It looks like a really fun trip! That tea looks like an amazing time. I know what you mean about not wanting to take time out of the parks normally to do something like that, but I may have to make an exception in the future. If my mother ever comes with me to Disney (if I can get her on a plane!), I will try to do that because I know it's something she would love. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to the rest of your TR!

Congratulations on your wedding!! I'm really enjoying reading your TR and looking forward to the wedding day!

My mother, sister, niece and I stayed in the room at POR. The women from Beaute Speciale were set to arrive at 5:30 am, so we got up at 4:45 in order to have breakfast and have our teeth brushed before getting make up done.

Here is my niece, who wasn't quite ready to get up yet.
Katesleeping.jpg

She eventually did wake up
chillaxing.jpg

Jackie and Isa were AMAZING! I cannot recommend Beaute Speciale enough. It was such a fun way to start the morning. We all chatted and were very relaxed. It was just what I needed.

My mom, sister and I got the airbrush make up. Let me tell you-it is well worth the money. It was extremely hot that day and my make-up still looked good at our dessert party that night.

My mom and sister getting their hair and make up done
gettinpretty.jpg

Me, pre-make up. I look tired.
gettinghairdone.jpg

Kate entertaining herself
makingfaces.jpg

DH and I had talked about not getting each other wedding presents. Then, we decided that we would get each other something "small." In my mind "something small" means inexpensive. So, I made a wordle out of my vows and had them framed for him.

As we were getting ready, my mother gave me his version of "something small."

Somethingsmall.jpg

They are earrings to match the Tiffany necklace that he gave me previously
earrings.jpg

Obviously, I was thrilled, but then I felt bad about my gift. He got his that morning and texted me that he loved it. He now has it on his desk at work. He is very sentimental, so I do know that he appreciated it.

The diva gets some lip gloss
lipgloss.jpg

The back of my hair
brideshair.jpg

All I need is the dress!
allsheneedsisthedress.jpg

The dress
thedress.jpg

Up next: Randy arrives and we take a bazillion pictures in the blistering heat

Awww!!! First: You look GORGEY!!! I am so happy for you. You look so happy and excited and in love. :goodvibes

Second: Your DF is so sweet! The earrings are very pretty and I love that he surprised you.

Third: I LOL-ed at your sleepy little niece. :lmao:

Jackie and Isa finished up around 8:00, and I was just getting into my dress when Randy, early, knocked on the door.

Apparently, he started taking pictures before we opened the door.
Our room number
LD00016-21-11.jpg

Kate was very excited to let him in.
LD00046-21-11.jpg

Randy immediately started snapping away. I think all four of us may now have a little crush on this artist! He is an amazing photographer and so much fun to work with.

My mother and sister trying to figure out how to tie a square knot
LD07096-21-11.jpg

LD07736-21-11.jpg

LD07796-21-11.jpg

My bouquet
LD07136-21-11.jpg

Our rings on the bouquet
LD07386-21-11.jpg

My white wedding crutches with my something blue-not so hidden Mickeys
LD07426-21-11.jpg

My "glass" sneakers made by my godmother-I wear a leg brace and can pretty much only wear sneakers
LD07816-21-11.jpg

I didn't even know Randy had this set up
LD08026-21-11.jpg

LD07996-21-11.jpg

LD08176-21-11.jpg

Next we headed outside to take some pictures around the hotel. We were at Acadian House at POR. Here are some of my faves:

I have no idea why I love this picture, but I do
LD00406-21-11.jpg

My grape soda badge that DH had given me with my birthday present this year
LD01046-21-11.jpg

The girls
LD01086-21-11.jpg

She's such a diva princess!
LD01426-21-11.jpg

LD01736-21-11.jpg

I LOVE these next two pictures
LD02386-21-11.jpg

LD02446-21-11.jpg

Kate had to put on her sunglasses; she couldn't stand the sun in her eyes
LD02286-21-11.jpg

Me and my mom
LD02616-21-11.jpg

Then it was time to get the limo and head over to the GF to meet the coach
getthelimo.jpg

Up next: Way more pictures than you ever wanted to see! And, I swear, there will be some of DH:rotfl:

We got to the GF and start to head in
LD09026-21-11.jpg

Kate liked leading the way!
LD09236-21-11.jpg

I love the GF lobby! I wish we had taken more pics there after the cake cutting.
LD09306-21-11.jpg

What an experience walking through the lobby. Every brides deserves to feel that way on her wedding day. We got so many congratulations and compliments from people!

As we were on our way to get the coach, Randy noticed that they were power washing in its normal pick up location. He ran outside to head off the coach and lead them to a dry spot. What a guy!

The coach arrived to pick us up!
LD09336-21-11.jpg

LD09356-21-11.jpg

I heart her so much!
LD03036-21-11.jpg

It was so bright out and Kate was complaining about the sun. Good thing she had her purse with her!
LD03086-21-11.jpg

She was much happier with the sunglasses
LD03156-21-11.jpg

LD09796-21-11.jpg

LD03426-21-11.jpg

Then, we were off! Randy ran alongside the coach taking tons of pictures.
LD09926-21-11.jpg

As we went around the front of the GF, a little girl was waving and she yelled, "Hi, Cinderella!" :love: At that point, my mother commented that the coach was worth every penny!

We were getting close!
LD10586-21-11.jpg

LD10316-21-11.jpg

Kate still liked leading the way!
LD03906-21-11.jpg

Love the monorail in the background
LD04016-21-11.jpg

My mom and dad, sister and nephew in the Bride's Vestibule.
LD11206-21-11.jpg

DH!:love:
LD11396-21-11.jpg

The boys minus my dad
LD11456-21-11.jpg

Left to right: My BIL, good friend and officiant Todd (I can't believe he had his top button buttoned, but oh well), nephew and just all around wonderful kid Gabe, my sweet, sweet DH Dave and his best man Bill

Up next: the ceremony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!