Linking a walked reservation

SYDNCLAIRESMOM

curiouser and curiouser
Hi! New DVC owner here. I walked a reservation for Grand Floridian Villas from Jan 12-19 meaning I booked each day individually to ensure continuity. I called to have member services link the days together but my dashboard still reflects each day with its own reservation ID. Is there a way to link them all together so that I have one reservation ID for the entire week? My concern is being able to book FPs for the whole week at 60 days out from 1/12. TIA!!

You don't want to link, you need to have MS modify the reservation to include all days. Send then an email via the member website, don't waste your time or theirs by calling and waiting on hold.

:earsboy: Bill

Instead of linking the reservations you should asked them to merge them, that way you will have one reservation from 12 to 19

Hi! New DVC owner here. I walked a reservation for Grand Floridian Villas from Jan 12-19 meaning I booked each day individually to ensure continuity. I called to have member services link the days together but my dashboard still reflects each day with its own reservation ID. Is there a way to link them all together so that I have one reservation ID for the entire week? My concern is being able to book FPs for the whole week at 60 days out from 1/12. TIA!!
That's not walking. Walking is booking a week some days before the night you actually want to stay. Then you call MS the next day to drop the first night and add another night. You do this until you get all the nights you want. So for a Jan 12-19 reservation, you might start booking on Feb 6 for Jan 6-13. Then you call the next day and drop Jan 6 and add Jan 14. You keep doing this every day until you get the nights you need.

I don't understand why you booked each night separately. GFV is your home resort, right? Otherwise, walking doesn't work.

I do not own at GFV. What I did was at 8am I logged in every morning at 7mo out from each day of my reservation in order to ensure I got every day that I needed in that week. And I'm glad I did as it is marathon week(end) and if I had waited until the last day to make the whole week I would have been out of luck. Is there another way to do this? Sorry I thought this was what was referred to as walking. In any event, that's what I did so I called member services to merge them. He said he did after what I did not think was a lengthy wait (a few minutes?) but they are still showing as individual 1 day reservations in my account. Can they/I merge so that I can have one reservation number? Im concerned about booking FPs. As is I can not book the whole week 60 days out from day 1 of my trip.

I do not own at GFV. What I did was at 8am I logged in every morning at 7mo out from each day of my reservation in order to ensure I got every day that I needed in that week. And I'm glad I did as it is marathon week(end) and if I had waited until the last day to make the whole week I would have been out of luck. Is there another way to do this? Sorry I thought this was what was referred to as walking. In any event, that's what I did so I called member services to merge them. He said he did after what I did not think was a lengthy wait (a few minutes?) but they are still showing as individual 1 day reservations in my account. Can they/I merge so that I can have one reservation number? Im concerned about booking FPs. As is I can not book the whole week 60 days out from day 1 of my trip.

At 7 months you could have booked 7 nights under one reservation online. Email MS via the member website and ask them to modify/merge the reservations. The reservation number for your first night will remain and the reservation dates will change to include your check out date.

So I take it that the second night was not available when you booked the first night? Or some of the nights were missing? If all the nights were there, you could have booked all the nights. If some were missing, you would have needed to wait until you were seven months out from the missing day to make a reservation for that day.

All the day were available from 7 mo out from the first day. I did not know I could book the whole week from that point. I thought I had to wait until the last day so that all the days fall within the 7 month mark. Live and learn. Thank you for that info.

I don't see an email on the website where can I find that?

All the day were available from 7 mo out from the first day. I did not know I could book the whole week from that point. I thought I had to wait until the last day so that all the days fall within the 7 month mark. Live and learn. Thank you for that info.

At the top under contacts.

If you are booking 7 nights or less, you can book all nights (subject to availability) when the booking window opens. If you need more than 7 nights, then you can either wait until you can book all nights or book the first 7 and then extend daily.

As others have pointed out, at 7 months you book your 7-months, plus 7 nights. However, if you want MORE than 7 nights, you would have to do what you did - and actually call every day and add an extra day on the end. I don't believe you can do this online.

To piggyback on others, walking works llike this:

Say my goal is to book a week from 10/1-10/8. If you're trying to walk, basically you would first book an earlier vacation whenever your 7 month booking window opens. Say I want to start walking my reservation from 8/15. On 1/15 (7 months before the FIRST day in the reservation), you can book a room starting 8/15 for up to 7 days. So on 1/15, you book 8/15-8/22. Then, every few days or everyday (or however often you want to), you call MS and alter your reservation to take off some days at the beginning and move them to the end. If you're doing it every day, then on 1/16 you would call and change your reservation to 8/16-8/23. On 1/17, you would call and change to 8/17-8/24. And so on, until finally on 3/1 you will be able to modify your reservation from 10/1-10/8 and you will be done.

Note that walking at the 7 month window is a much dicier proposition than walking at the 11 month window. Walking at 11 months is guaranteed success as long as nothing strange happens (like Disney pulls room inventory for some reason). Walking at 7 months can fail because someone with home resort priority can take your dates at anytime.

Edit:
Your current method is not actually providing you with any advantage because you are not booking any dates past 7 months (if I understand what you are doing correctly).

also -- since the system sees that you essentially have 7 split stays, you actually don't have to have them merged in order to get FP selections for your whole stay. So long as you have contiguous reservations, the system will allow you to book all of your FPs.

ADRs are a different story.

Just an FYI - booking from the day of check OUT was changed many years ago. It's now booking up to 7 nights from the day you check IN. Glad you got your reservation but you definitely did it the hard way!!! :hug:

make sure you get them merged or you might have to go down to the front desk each day to check in for the next night.

That's not walking. Walking is booking a week some days before the night you actually want to stay. Then you call MS the next day to drop the first night and add another night. You do this until you get all the nights you want. So for a Jan 12-19 reservation, you might start booking on Feb 6 for Jan 6-13. Then you call the next day and drop Jan 6 and add Jan 14. You keep doing this every day until you get the nights you need.

I don't understand why you booked each night separately. GFV is your home resort, right? Otherwise, walking doesn't work.

I was wondering the same thing. But WELCOME HOME, Sydnclairesmom! :flower3:

also -- since the system sees that you essentially have 7 split stays, you actually don't have to have them merged in order to get FP selections for your whole stay. So long as you have contiguous reservations, the system will allow you to book all of your FPs.

ADRs are a different story.

But she might as well call and have them all merged into one reservation. For me that’s always happened automatically, but not for others. So she should call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter