Linking DVC reservation and room only cash reservation with same room category?

poohs_hunny

DIS Veteran
I know I asked this question before and I can’t remember the answer because I didn't end up needing to do it. Is it possible to link a DVC reservation and a room only WDW cash reservation if they are at the same resort and room category so that we can stay in the same room? If so, who do I contact? Member services?

We want to book 5 nights at SSR in a 2 bedroom but only have enough point left for 4. The same room is available for our last night through WDW directly. We’d love not to have to switch rooms for one night.

Thanks!!

Nope. You cannot. You can try to have them marked as continuing but you will also want to talk to the desk at check in.

Cannot link cash and points, or even two points bookings from different memberships.

If you book the cash stay through MS, it won't be an issue. The reservation should appear to the room assigner as one continuous reservation. Verify that with MS when you book.

If you book the cash night yourself, ask the DRC/CRO CM to add a note with the points reservation number as a continuing stay. Then be sure MS puts a note on the points reservation that says there is a continuing stay with the cash reservation. You may have to visit the front desk to check out & then back in between the points and cash reservations, but you won't have to move. It will only be a problem if the booking categories are different (i.e., dedicated & lock off). The chance that you will have to move is very tiny. Good luck.

We added a note, told the front desk at arrival, and was told it was already done and seamless because we had checked in online and CC on file. No trip to front desk in the morning and all was fine.

Two extra things: we had to let valet know because they tried to charge us the switchover day. It was no issue.

Not the norm, but we got full housekeeping at turnover!

We've had good experiences with doing this - adding the reservation number for the other reservation to each reservation and noting in both places that we'd like to stay in the same room. (Most recently did this with Saratoga Springs. It was seamless and required nothing of us after our check in.)

If you book the cash stay through MS, it won't be an issue. The reservation should appear to the room assigner as one continuous reservation. Verify that with MS when you book.

If you book the cash night yourself, ask the DRC/CRO CM to add a note with the points reservation number as a continuing stay. Then be sure MS puts a note on the points reservation that says there is a continuing stay with the cash reservation. You may have to visit the front desk to check out & then back in between the points and cash reservations, but you won't have to move. It will only be a problem if the booking categories are different (i.e., dedicated & lock off). The chance that you will have to move is very tiny. Good luck.
You can book a cash stay through Member Services? I was going to go through the Disney World site to take advantage of the summer discount.

You can book a cash stay through Member Services? I was going to go through the Disney World site to take advantage of the summer discount.
Sometimes, not always. You need to check with MS for availability and price. Also, the cash discount available via the DW site can be better than what MS can offer. Choose what is best for your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter