Linking reservations?

poohj80

Got Hunny?
I hope some of you more educated DVCers can help me out with this one.

We are checking in on a Saturday and staying in a studio but moving to a 1 BR on Sunday. I asked MS if we could link the reservations but was told no since they are not for the same size accommodations. This isn't the response I expected. Does this sound right or should I call back?

Thanks!
PJ

generally you link a reservation so you can stay in the same room.

you can't with a studio then 1-bedroom - so I don't see why you want to link them?

also since you are getting a different room you must check in again.

spiceycat said:
so I don't see why you want to link them?
Having never done this before, I guess I was thinking that if they were linked, the resort would know we are already in the building and not just arriving on Sunday and that we are members vs just people staying in the VWL. I knew we'd have to check out then in again to get new keys, just thought the process might be somewhat easier for some reason if the two reservations were linked. If not, I won't worry about it.

not really - if you have linked reservations and staying in the same size unit. sometimes the front desk can do everything over the phone (only sometimes folks so don't get mad if they can't) so you don't need to go to the front desk.

but you are changing villa size. can't do that over the phone. If you want them to know you are member just bring your membership card or your reservation confirmation. they can tell from both.

I would ask for a room on the lake side near the elevators.

You might have to get demanding - WL is known to put DVC members in some of the worst VWL rooms.... the service building comes to mind....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter