Links going to VigLink shopping website

Still having issues with links to the Walt Disney World website going to VigLink Shopping. Is there any fix for this????

It works just fine for me. I think you've got an issue on your computer or router. Perhaps a poisoned DNS server.

It works just fine for me. I think you've got an issue on your computer or router. Perhaps a poisoned DNS server.
Anyway to correct this? Thanks!

Clarification: It works fine for me on my computer. It goes to the alternate website when I click on the link that I inserted on the disboards. I'm receiving PM's from other folks who are trying to use the link that is inserted on the Food and Wine Festival thread. The link is taking them to the same website.

Curious. I clicked on the link you interred above and it worked just fine. I'll search for the tread on the Restaurant Board and see if there is something unusual about that link.

I'm having a hard time finding the link on the Restaurant Board. Can you point me to the thread and specific post?

Just tried it and it works fine. Goes to the right Disney page. I'm stumped. :badpc:

Yes, does not make sense. I tried it from my work computer and the link directs me to the same website, VigLink Shopping. :rolleyes1

Could it be an issue with the browser, maybe? I have google chrome at home and at work.

It is the Dis hosting service that does it. It you check the link to address when you hover over your link, it shows the redirected route. VigLink seems to pick which ones to redirect. I have noticed that USAtoday articles are automatically redirected, while others are a 50/50 chance.
I try to work around it by telling people to not click on the link, but to instead copy and past the address, as you are posting g the correct one and Dis is redirecting it for profit.

From viglink's website:

Translate your passion and expertise into a sustainable business. Simply add a snippet of code to your site, and VigLink automatically turns existing links on your pages into revenue generating links. VigLink can also insert new links on relevant terms and phrases to capture purchase intent.

That's what's happening to you. Its because of code on the Dis site.

Was just about to post a new message reporting the same problem, such as in https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...estions-thread.3178768/page-362#post-59403291

A DIS post-embedded link to (for example) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/ goes instead to a Viglink page. If I enter the address manually into my browser, it works fine (Chrome on Windows 10, latest updates, in case it makes a difference).

Although the HTML page source looks fine, If I copy the link from the DIS post to the clipboard, I get the following:

https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...ey.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

Andre

OK, I'm guessing the culprit is within the DISboards header code and scripting, which seems to contain a click-through revenue generation process. From this page's source code:

----------------------------------
<script type="text/javascript">
var vglnk = { key: 'debb21522a2ba14b8d7bcbd1910c5bdb' };
(function(d, t) {
var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true;
s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js';
var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r);
}(document, 'script'));
</script><body class="node43 node42 SelectQuotable">
---------------------------------
<script type="text/javascript">varvglnk={key:'debb21522a2ba14b8d7bcbd1910c5bdb'};(function(d,t){vars=d.createElement(t);s.type='text/javascript';s.async=true;s.src='//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js';varr=d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0];r.parentNode.insertBefore(s,r);}(document,'script'));</script>
---------------------------------

The faulty redirect is happening in Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari, but so far not Firefox.

Andre

Last edited:
It's happening in Firefox for me. :mad:

It's because it is Disboards doing it, not your browser. It looks like you are going to a link, example www.espn.com, but it actually takes you somewhere completely different and unaffiliated. Hold your mouse over the hyperlink and see what it says it will link to. For the majority of disboards links, it will start with redirect.viglink.com

(Even links that I manually wrote in here, and did not copy and paste, do that. Hilariously enough the redirect.viglink one does as well)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter