Lion King Trailer

Chills.....so glad they brought James Earl Jones back. No one can replace him in this.

I know! I would watch just for his voice.

I saw the trailer this morning and now I cannot wait for the movie. So many in the pipeline!

Ok. On one hand we do enjoy the live action remakes, on the other hand a part of me thinks - why not put the money into a new story?

Technically it looks good, but the question is, other then live action, what new will it bring to the story?

Technically it looks good, but the question is, other then live action, what new will it bring to the story?

Original was 1 hour 29 mins and this will be at least an hour longer. I could see them filling in the gaps in the time jump from the original. Expand on his relationship growing up with Tamon and Pumba.

Original was 1 hour 29 mins and this will be at least an hour longer. I could see them filling in the gaps in the time jump from the original. Expand on his relationship growing up with Tamon and Pumba.

My hope is for them to expand on the time at Pride Rock during Scar's rule, what was happening with Sarabi, Nala and the lionesses. It was always crazy to me how Sarabi lost her mate and son in 1 day and how horrible that would be, but we don't see anything about her again until near the end of the film where she stands up to Scar. She seems like a badass and I hope they expand on that a bit...

live action remakes
Is this really "live action"? Looks to me like simply "next gen animation". I see the great technical work going on here (much like Jungle Book). But, at least Jungle Book had some real "live action". IIRC, only the kid was real there. I get "Beauty and the Beast". Really hard to draw the line between real and animation in it. But, it did have enough new material to make it interesting.

What part of the "Lion King" trailer was "live action"?

Is this really "live action"? Looks to me like simply "next gen animation". I see the great technical work going on here (much like Jungle Book). But, at least Jungle Book had some real "live action". IIRC, only the kid was real there. I get "Beauty and the Beast". Really hard to draw the line between real and animation in it. But, it did have enough new material to make it interesting.

What part of the "Lion King" trailer was "live action"?
It's photo-realistic and filmed on-location, which is different from the stylised animation used by WDAS and Pixar, so it's still live action to me.

I've enjoyed the few remakes I've gone to, but it seems like they are just pumping these out too quick and I haven't seen any since Beauty and the Beast. I highly doubt I'll see this in the theater. I'd rather see something new and original.

The first time I realized that the nutcracker was a new story was when @rteetz said it, I think I only saw the 30-second TV commercial trailer a couple times and never the full length one. I just watched the full trailer and it looks interesting. I had just kind of discounted it as the nutcracker that I've already seen many times. It is also up against some pretty stiff competition right now.

I've enjoyed the few remakes I've gone to, but it seems like they are just pumping these out too quick and I haven't seen any since Beauty and the Beast. I highly doubt I'll see this in the theater. I'd rather see something new and original.

The first time I realized that the nutcracker was a new story was when @rteetz said it, I think I only saw the 30-second TV commercial trailer a couple times and never the full length one. I just watched the full trailer and it looks interesting. I had just kind of discounted it as the nutcracker that I've already seen many times. It is also up against some pretty stiff competition right now.

BatB was the last live action remake they had. They did not release one in 2018.

BatB was the last live action remake they had. They did not release one in 2018.
Oops, I was thinking of Jumanji, which isn't Disney, and the other Junglebook that went straight to streaming, also not Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter