List of attractions you can ride ecv?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
is there a list of attractions where my mom would be able to ride her ecv thru the que vs parking and walking thru the que? Thanks!

You can find details here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...disabled-1st-trip-next-trip-wish-trip.595713/

Post #11 has details with links to the accessible maps. These will indicate if you need to transfer for a line. Most lines will accommodate EVCs.

I accidently posted before ready, then I had to edit it twice already. I was going to list out the attractions I do know indicate having to transfer for the line, but right now I am doubting my information.

is there a list of attractions where my mom would be able to ride her ecv thru the que vs parking and walking thru the que? Thanks!

Most lines you can take your ECV thought up to getting on the ride. The few that you can not there is a wheelchair some where in the area you can use. A few rides you can not take your ECV in

Space motion
POTCB
Buzz
people mover ( you must take a ramp ( most of the time it moves) to the second floor where you will need to walk to the vehicle ( depending on the line 400 or so feet)

there are some lines accessible to a point where you will go off into a separate time ( most of the time because of stairs) splash is one of these.

The Pooh Hunny Pot ride requires you to transfer a wheelchair and they usually have them right at the entrance.

For Jungle Cruise if you have a fast pass they have to come in with the ECV through a separate line and if you don't have a fast pass, they will give you a card with a return time and when you come back you will be put in the ECV line.

For Big Thunder Mountain, if you have a fast pass you will be sent up the exit to get on and if you do not you will be given a card with a return time to go in through the exit.

For Haunted Mansion, you stay on through the line and through the stretching room. When you exit that room, you will be shown where to park your ECV and then you walked up the exit to enter the ride. If she cannot walk that far, you tell cast member that and you will be lead to a spot when she can wait seated on her ECV until they slow or stop the ride and she will have only a few steps to walk to get on or they may let her take it all the way to the doom buggy.

All of the shows have spots for her to stay on her ECV and the family to sit on benches next to her.

So question: if you’re on a solo trip how does it work on rides where you have to transfer to a wheelchair?

There may be different answers to this, but for me, the CM offered to push me, and then she waited while I rode and pushed me back to my ECV. Very nice. Last trip, I asked the CMs at Pirates, since I go on a lot of solo trips. The ride was down at the time, but they said that anytime I wanted to ride, they'd "take care of" getting me to ride even though I was solo. I figured that was their way of saying they'd push me, since that's what happened at Pooh. However, since it's only happened once (a solo trip where the CMs did the pushing) I'd like to know from someone with more experience.

So question: if you’re on a solo trip how does it work on rides where you have to transfer to a wheelchair?
It does depend on if it is you have to transfer for the queue or not.

If it is for the queue, there may be alternate entrances available or a CM may offer to push you, but you will need to explain you are by yourself and can't push the wheelchair on your own through the queue and you may have to be insistent.

There may be different answers to this, but for me, the CM offered to push me, and then she waited while I rode and pushed me back to my ECV. Very nice. Last trip, I asked the CMs at Pirates, since I go on a lot of solo trips. The ride was down at the time, but they said that anytime I wanted to ride, they'd "take care of" getting me to ride even though I was solo. I figured that was their way of saying they'd push me, since that's what happened at Pooh. However, since it's only happened once (a solo trip where the CMs did the pushing) I'd like to know from someone with more experience.
I had a CM push me 3 times at space once she would not let me push at all once I had to ask. I was just a few feet up from the really big down hill in line when the gust behind me lost her grip on the wheelchair the gust in the wheelchair hit her face on the railing pretty hard and missed me by maybe a foot I am not sure if the person in the wheelchair was self pushing or her friend was but someone lost control of the wheelchair and the gust went flying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter