List of Disney World running paths

I was hoping to run to CBR from Pop in November but if the path is under contruction, I'll reconsider. Thanks for the update!

Here's a picture of what I was able to do...you can see how its blocked in 3 places so I turned around at those points.

Attachments

• IMG_1510.PNG
    IMG_1510.PNG
    351.9 KB · Views: 22
Here's a picture of what I was able to do...you can see how its blocked in 3 places so I turned around at those points.
Looking at your ap you were on the running path by the water. Do you know if Cayman Way was closed at that point. If towards the sothern end of that route you could have gone out to Cayman and then turned right you could have run on that. If you cross the road where it ends and run over the embankment you are at AOA and can run around hourglass lake.

Looking at your ap you were on the running path by the water. Do you know if Cayman Way was closed at that point. If towards the sothern end of that route you could have gone out to Cayman and then turned right you could have run on that. If you cross the road where it ends and run over the embankment you are at AOA and can run around hourglass lake.

I remember seeing signs that said No Pedestrians on Cayman Way. :(

I remember seeing signs that said No Pedestrians on Cayman Way. :(
When I did it I ran on the sidewalk that exits the south end of the parking lot where you stopped. It crosses Cayman way and runs along infront of a cast member parking lot. I think there was probably less than 100 yards from there to where I crossed Century drive to AOA. I wonder if you could have run in the grass besides Cayman to get to the sidewalk?

When I did it I ran on the sidewalk that exits the south end of the parking lot where you stopped. It crosses Cayman way and runs along infront of a cast member parking lot. I think there was probably less than 100 yards from there to where I crossed Century drive to AOA. I wonder if you could have run in the grass besides Cayman to get to the sidewalk?

Now I'm itching to know if I missed something. I felt like a hamster on a wheel those 4 mornings running the same loop over and over, even when I reversed directions and ran it the other way.

AKL doesn't have a path, but the sidewalks between the resorts from one end to the other are approx .5 mile, I think? I wish I could remember exactly...I just remember going back and forth long enough to reach 4 miles. :goodvibes

I use Gmaps-pedometer to map out and build a lot of runs.

This is one side of my Hilton Bonnet Creek-Carribean Beach -Hourglass lake run. If you make it a loop covering the other sides of the lake on the way back it's about 9 miles.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7138946
This is a great route - have run it before, though slightly differently. It is great for an early morning run - mostly shaded. It is in full sun if run later in the morning.

Now I'm itching to know if I missed something. I felt like a hamster on a wheel those 4 mornings running the same loop over and over, even when I reversed directions and ran it the other way.

I am just not sure what construction has done to that area. I've run that route on a couple of occasions while staying at hilton Bonnet creek and at Caribbean Beach, but I am not sure what's blocked now.

I am just not sure what construction has done to that area. I've run that route on a couple of occasions while staying at hilton Bonnet creek and at Caribbean Beach, but I am not sure what's blocked now.
Who is next running there? :bored:

Not sure if I'm asking this in the right place or if I should start a new thread, but I'm wondering if there are any Orlando locals who like to run the resort paths. I just had the idea of driving over one morning (I'm about 20 minutes away) and running the path between the Poly and Grand Floridian. But then I started thinking it would be fun to try to run ALL the WDW resort paths, and I have a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone else do this? Seems like a nice way to once a week or so break up the monotony of running the same route in my neighborhood. I don't mind the paths being fairly short, I don't usually do more than 2-3 mile tops anyway.

2. Is it frowned upon in any way for non-guests to run the resort paths? I mean, I pop in for other reasons fairly often (like drinks at Trader Sam's) so I would hope no one would get annoyed with coming by to run a couple miles. But having stayed at a few of the resorts in the past, I have no problem with wanting to keep non-guests to a minimum. I know better than to try to park at most of them, so hopefully that wouldn't be an issue. Which brings me to...

3. Where would you park? For resorts on the monorail loop/Magic Kingdom area, it's easy to park at TTC, but what about the others? Would it be worth it to try to find a place to park to get to some of the other resorts that have nice running paths? I know it depends on the time of year, sometimes the Boardwalk will let you park there for a few hours, and Disney Springs will work for the ones accessible from there by boat. Any other suggestions?

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle for only a couple of miles. I'd probably only do it on a weekend when I have the day off and plenty of time. I feel like it would be a good way to make a boring routine a little more fun.

My guess is that you could park at Disney Springs and run the path from Saratoga to OKW. Part of that is near to the golf course so that might make me nervous though.
Fort Wilderness has a decent parking lot. If you can get in there the run to WL is really nice.
A nice morning might be at POFQ (they'll let you in if you say that your going to get Beignets) Run over to riverside and back then stop treat yourself to some powdered sugar deliciousness!.

A nice morning might be at POFQ (they'll let you in if you say that your going to get Beignets) Run over to riverside and back then stop treat yourself to some powdered sugar deliciousness!.

Oh, you are so speaking my language right now. I'm a big believer in rewarding myself and that sounds like the perfect way to do it. That's going to the top of my to do list.

Not sure if I'm asking this in the right place or if I should start a new thread, but I'm wondering if there are any Orlando locals who like to run the resort paths. I just had the idea of driving over one morning (I'm about 20 minutes away) and running the path between the Poly and Grand Floridian. But then I started thinking it would be fun to try to run ALL the WDW resort paths, and I have a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone else do this? Seems like a nice way to once a week or so break up the monotony of running the same route in my neighborhood. I don't mind the paths being fairly short, I don't usually do more than 2-3 mile tops anyway.

2. Is it frowned upon in any way for non-guests to run the resort paths? I mean, I pop in for other reasons fairly often (like drinks at Trader Sam's) so I would hope no one would get annoyed with coming by to run a couple miles. But having stayed at a few of the resorts in the past, I have no problem with wanting to keep non-guests to a minimum. I know better than to try to park at most of them, so hopefully that wouldn't be an issue. Which brings me to...

3. Where would you park? For resorts on the monorail loop/Magic Kingdom area, it's easy to park at TTC, but what about the others? Would it be worth it to try to find a place to park to get to some of the other resorts that have nice running paths? I know it depends on the time of year, sometimes the Boardwalk will let you park there for a few hours, and Disney Springs will work for the ones accessible from there by boat. Any other suggestions?

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle for only a couple of miles. I'd probably only do it on a weekend when I have the day off and plenty of time. I feel like it would be a good way to make a boring routine a little more fun.

I live in Orlando, actually Davenport now, so about 20 mins away too and have been thinking about this as well, no you are not crazy. :)

Jennifer

You are welcome to keep this thread alive. I will be glad to update the first post with new path. :thanks:

Will do, thanks! :)

Fort Wilderness has a decent parking lot. If you can get in there the run to WL is really nice.

My plan was to park at WL if they'll let me, run through FW and back to WL, or, park at TTC and take the boat over to WL. But if it's just as easy to park at FW then maybe I'll just do that.

Although now I'm thinking the boat ride back over after the run might be nice...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!