List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be useful to anyone interested. The reopening phases are listed. Theme parks are listed as reopening with normal operations with limited restrictions under phase 3. As of now we are still in phase 1. Helpful to those who are planning on waiting until things are somewhat normal again.
https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/covid19/Taskforce Report.pdf
Thank you for posting this. We have reservations at Boardwalk for June 1-2 and after reading page 25 of the report, I think I can guess why we haven't received a cancellation notice: Phase 2 says vacation rentals are open to Florida residents ONLY (ie, no out-of-state or international travelers coming into Florida). Disney is crossing their fingers and hoping to be in Phase 2 by June 1. As I understand the report, that will happen if symptoms and percentage of positive tests continues to trend down, AND hospital demand doesn't "surge" to capacity levels, AND health care workers continue to be tested. We'll wait and see, but hoping for the best - for EVERYONE. Thanks again.

As I stated before, it's because there's more riding than just the reservation. I have to get permission for time off from work, I have to juggle kids summer schedules, etc. It's a big deal. Wish I could just drop things at will and say, "Oh look, they're open now; let's go this weekend".
I am talking about canceling a trip. If you want to book a trip in this particular situation that is on you and you have no room to blame WDW because it is difficult to do so.

Other than extending the rolling cancellation up 1 more week to 4 weeks out for cash rooms & parks and 10-14 days for DVC rooms I do not think they could possibly KNOW anything more during this entire situation.

There are different legal issues with DVC in terms of what the management company (DVDMC) is required to provide to owners, so that doesn't really correlate to how regular hotel cancellations are being handled. You can learn all about that and join in the ongoing discussion about DVC rentals and broker issues in the DVC forums; probably best not to get into it in this thread since it's pretty involved.

I'm throwing out a bit of optimism for anyone who might need it. Today is the first time since January that I woke up not caring what WDW does in regards to COVID. Two cancelled trips was enough for us to decide that this year isn't going to happen (going to Captiva instead), and maybe next year won't either.

I have to admit, it's sort of freeing :)

That said, even after two cancelled, well planned trips, I don't think you can blame Disney for any of this. I don't think they are hoarding the deposits and I don't even think they care about the stock prices -- one thing I've learned is that good companies can weather stock price fluctuations. If Disney stock falls to $10, they still have all the assets in place. They will still make money. The people who care about stock prices are traders and short term investors, but if the company is solid, the company still makes money and the stocks eventually come back. It's not what anyone wants, but it's not the disaster some make it out to be, and I think that given their particular business and the world we're in, I think the price of their stock is rather low on the list of concerns. Figuring out how to be profitable again is much much higher, and my guess is they are much more focused on what they can do to save 2021 than where they're trading at.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and hoping. It' sucks ours didn't work out, but I've got my fingers crossed for all of you.

NO. I want to and can’t. DVC rental with David’s. I’ve had this reservation since last summer. With my Dad’s issues and everything going on, we want nothing more than to just cancel and rebook and yet we can’t. I will never deal with David’s or rent DVC again because of this. The stress isn’t worth the money saving.

I know this sucks, and I feel your pain to some extent. I have 2 DVC rentals, July and November, with 2 different companies. I haven't even bothered contacting any of them yet. I will cross that bridge when/if they are canceled. However, I have rented from https://dvcrequest.com/ (David's) before. I know the contracts say no refunds for any reason. Unfortunately, we are getting caught on this one. We gambled to save money, but we might have gotten bit. At least it looks like there's a chance for some sort of refund, since the owners have been getting their points back. Before that DVC decision, the points were just poof. It's a bitter pill to swallow, and no one is coming out rosy from this situation. Everyone, people and companies, are losing money. I asked myself before the first time I rented if I was OK with the no refund policy. It's hard to really answer, because you never think it's going to happen. But it does happen. I do hope future renters learn that there can be a price to pay to save money. I don't know if I would rent again. However, I am even more stupid; I doubled down and am purchasing a resale contract:crazy:

For anyone who’s cancelled and used gift cards to pay, how long does it take for the funds to be transferred back to the gc?

I know this sucks, and I feel your pain to some extent. I have 2 DVC rentals, July and November, with 2 different companies. I haven't even bothered contacting any of them yet. I will cross that bridge when/if they are canceled. However, I have rented from https://dvcrequest.com/ (David's) before. I know the contracts say no refunds for any reason. Unfortunately, we are getting caught on this one. We gambled to save money, but we might have gotten bit. At least it looks like there's a chance for some sort of refund, since the owners have been getting their points back. Before that DVC decision, the points were just poof. It's a bitter pill to swallow, and no one is coming out rosy from this situation. Everyone, people and companies, are losing money. I asked myself before the first time I rented if I was OK with the no refund policy. It's hard to really answer, because you never think it's going to happen. But it does happen. I do hope future renters learn that there can be a price to pay to save money. I don't know if I would rent again. However, I am even more stupid; I doubled down and am purchasing a resale contract:crazy:

Exactly. I’ve definitely learned that I won’t do it again. I thought about purchasing a contract for the Poly, but it’s not in the cards just yet. It looks like I will be getting a voucher from this and I’m cool with that, I’ll just use it for a cash booking and call it a day on renting.

For anyone who’s cancelled and used gift cards to pay, how long does it take for the funds to be transferred back to the gc?

I called today to cancel (never did get the email) and I asked about gift card payment. I was told 7-10 days. It was 9 weeks if you needed an e-gift card because you lost the original card.
now to cancel my dining and fastpasses...

Any news on incentives for rebooking? Any good news at all?
No incentives have been offered for the recent round of early June cancellations. The "good" news is that Florida will be in "full Phase 1" Monday May 18, and that the Governor will accept theme park plans for reopening for review and approval.

Mine was immediate done by phone call due to misplacing my gift card and having to put the refund on another one. He had me check the card to make sure it went through while I was on the phone.

No incentives have been offered for the recent round of early June cancellations. The "good" news is that Florida will be in "full Phase 1" Monday May 18, and that the Governor will accept theme park plans for reopening for review and approval.

That is good. Someone call Disney and ask them how long before they can get that plan in the hands of the government! ;-)

I had an early June reservation that got cancelled. I can sympathize with the frustrations. I do NOT blame Disney at all but Disney is staggering these cancellations to hold onto cash and make their stock stay high longer(but why wouldn't they) we all would if we were running a corporation with a grim short term outlook.

People who don't think more June cancellations are coming are dullusional at this point. Sorry. Even if they open do you really want to wear a mask in 100 degree weather with 80% humidity? I watched alot of universal opening city walk videos on YouTube yesterday it was only 80 and everyone said wearing a mask walking on the pavement was unbearable. Alot of people think it will only be magic kingdom this summer(would make sense). I'm rebooking for 2021. Go back in 2021 when all the parks are open and it's semi normal.

This summer hitting the beach , or national park will be much more. "normal" vacations. Theme parks just are not ready yet wearing masks , not being able to relax or touch anything doesn't sound that fun in a theme park.

Of course Disney execs care about stock price and delaying it's decline. Naive to say they don't care about stock price. It's public record they own massive quantities of it and their stock options are worthless if it goes down. The execs have everything personally to gain by delaying Disney's stock decline. I don't think the execs are that selfish though I think the week by week cancellation with short notice has alot more to do with returning ALOT of cash at once then anything else. Cash flow. Disney has to do massive refunds for all it's resorts and theme parks each week we are talking massive amounts of cash. I think it has to do alot more with that than anything else. Each week we are talking huge amounts of money by these cancellations. It's Cash flow

Thanks for the replies. I had $400 in gift cards, the rest on my credit card. I’m going to cancel our June 10 reservation. Still going to Orlando in June anyway so guess I’ll spend the gift cards eating at DS!

Have a June 7-13 DVC reservation. No e-mail stating that our reservation has been canceled. We will be ok if it resort only. We can get a refund on our park tickets. Are DVC members notified by e-mail? Sorry if this has been answered 45 pages of info was more than I could go through after reading the "Great Mask Debacle" on the rumors thread. :badpc:8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter