List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drink the Disney cool-aid and would love a tall glass right now, but c'mon, they are clearly hoarding deposit cash to hedge a stock price decline. Giving such short notice to folks, when they likely have a plan, is unethical and beneath their standards.
We have no way of knowing what their plans currently are, so to assume one way or the other is just giving an excuse to judge the company or sanctify them. Personally, I think it could go either way - they could be holding onto reservations to maintain their cash reserves and slow down the workload for their call centers, or they could genuinely hope and believe that each week may have the possibility of them opening and they don't want to cancel someone's trip and then announce an opening for those same dates afterward.

Regardless, it's not like they're holding people's money hostage. They still have not announced an opening date. If people don't want that uncertainty, Disney has explicitly stated they are offering full refunds, no questions asked. Even if you're okay with waiting, 3 weeks notice still seems like plenty to me. It's much easier to cancel a time-off request, housesitter, etc. than it is to sit around and wait for Disney to give you a thumbs-up before you make those arrangements.

I drink the Disney cool-aid and would love a tall glass right now, but c'mon, they are clearly hoarding deposit cash to hedge a stock price decline. Giving such short notice to folks, when they likely have a plan, is unethical and beneath their standards.
So don't book if that's what you think.

You must have stock in Disney! You are very defensive of everyone having their “own” opinion. LOL

I don't own a single stock from Disney or anyone else for that matter. Wait, I lie. I do have a commemorative single stock from Disney, but I'm hurting bad over it. That few pennies I get each year is going to dwindle to nothing if they don't open soon! So yeah, I definitely have a dog in this fight. :scared:

You are defending a company that is doing rolling cancellations only because they don’t want their call centers bombarded with calls. Instead they could be considerate enough to let their guests know that they will not be opening in June. Don’t be fooled. When it comes to how they are handling cancellations they are doing what’s best for them not what’s best for their guests. They moved their available reservations to July for a reason. Because they KNOW they won’t be opening before then. Not to cap capacity like everyone is insinuating. And they knew this for May also. People need to make plans, take time off work, reserve boarding for their pets, book flights and so on. Giving 2wks notice and false hope when they KNOW they will not be opening in my opinion isn’t right.
They don’t know. They are doing this week by week. Things are ever changing. They could open in some capacity mid June. I think they know they won’t be able to open in full capacity in June or even July and I think everyone knows that. However they keep the door open in case that can open in a smaller capacity.

Yes they probably don't know when they will open for sure but I am sure they know the measures that will be in place. Why not release them so people will know the experience they will be getting? Right now all is known is masks are going to be required.

Unless you are one of ther Bob's you don't know for sure if Disney has or doesn't have a clear opening date
I’d argue Chapek and Iger don’t even know. They likely have an idea of when they think they can open but that can still change. They obviously thought June 1st was a possibility otherwise they wouldn’t have allowed people an offer for that time.

Can June people cancel anytime right now?

NO. I want to and can’t. DVC rental with David’s. I’ve had this reservation since last summer. With my Dad’s issues and everything going on, we want nothing more than to just cancel and rebook and yet we can’t. I will never deal with David’s or rent DVC again because of this. The stress isn’t worth the money saving.

Yes they probably don't know when they will open for sure but I am sure they know the measures that will be in place. Why not release them so people will know the experience they will be getting? Right now all is known is masks are going to be required.
That’s a slippery slope. If you say when we open the parks this is what will be happening, but don’t have a date that’s problematic. By the time that date comes different things could be allowed or not allowed. Things are very contingent on what works logistically, what the government allows, and what health officials say.

NO. I want to and can’t. DVC rental with David’s. I’ve had this reservation since last summer. With my Dad’s issues and everything going on, we want nothing more than to just cancel and rebook and yet we can’t. I will never deal with David’s or rent DVC again because of this. The stress isn’t worth the money saving.

How awful!! What are your dates?
I rented through DVC rental store and it was better but still a mess.

I’d argue Chapek and Iger don’t even know. They likely have an idea of when they think they can open but that can still change. They obviously thought June 1st was a possibility otherwise they wouldn’t have allowed people an offer for that time.
Exactly, so if they don't even know, no one else can say with certainty

That’s a slippery slope. If you say when we open the parks this is what will be happening, but don’t have a date that’s problematic. By the time that date comes different things could be allowed or not allowed. Things are very contingent on what works logistically, what the government allows, and what health officials say.
I don't see how much will change if they open in July versus August or later. Physical distancing and masks will be here for awhile as well as characters from a distance. IMO it doesn't matter when they open cause the virus is still here til a treatment is available. Til that happens not much changes.

I don't see how much will change if they open in July versus August or later. Physical distancing and masks will be here for awhile as well as characters from a distance. IMO it doesn't matter when they open cause the virus is still here til a treatment is available. Til that happens not much changes.
That’s why it’s contingent on health officials and the government. Disney isn’t going to open even at a limited capacity until it is safe to do so, and it’s profitable in a way that it doesn’t add to their losses but at least makes their losses less. They also have the liability and Disney doesn’t want mass lawsuits on their hand either. It’s almost a game of chess. It’s very strategic. You need the right pieces for this puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter