List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be useful to anyone interested. The reopening phases are listed. Theme parks are listed as reopening with normal operations with limited restrictions under phase 3. As of now we are still in phase 1. Helpful to those who are planning on waiting until things are somewhat normal again.
https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/covid19/Taskforce Report.pdf

Last edited:

This may be useful to anyone interested. The reopening phases are listed. Theme parks are listed as reopening with normal operations with limited restrictions under phase 3. As of now we are still in phase 1. Helpful to those who are planning on waiting until things are somewhat normal again.
https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/covid19/Taskforce Report.pdf
Florida will for sure be in Phase 2 very soon. Our local news stations have been covering state-wide case counts every day and we have been consistently stable on cases, no increase or decrease. That said, 700 cases a day is the "stable" point right now. But I would be shocked if DeSantis doesn't announce Phase 2 next week.

Unfortnatly the "fix" is a voucher with really bad terms on it.

DVC rental stuff is a complete mess right now.
Actually my 4 DVC trips that have been canceled since CV19 started and Disney closed has been easy in terms of when Disney cancels the reservation my points are back into my account almost automatically.

Unfortnatly the "fix" is a voucher with really bad terms on it.

DVC rental stuff is a complete mess right now.

Ugh, I know. But it’s okay. I’m going to use it for a cash booking rack rate and then completely cut ties when this is over.

You are defending a company that is doing rolling cancellations only because they don’t want their call centers bombarded with calls. Instead they could be considerate enough to let their guests know that they will not be opening in June. Don’t be fooled. When it comes to how they are handling cancellations they are doing what’s best for them not what’s best for their guests. They moved their available reservations to July for a reason. Because they KNOW they won’t be opening before then. Not to cap capacity like everyone is insinuating. And they knew this for May also. People need to make plans, take time off work, reserve boarding for their pets, book flights and so on. Giving 2wks notice and false hope when they KNOW they will not be opening in my opinion isn’t right.
I think you are giving Disney waaaay too much credit. Like they have this set date in the future that they know it is the date they will open and they are simply tagging us along.

From just the logistics of bringing our employees back to my workplace, and the changes to the dates, procedures, etc., that go with it, I can tell you that they have dates they are working towards, but they are waiting on data from the government, health organizations, Shanghai, Downtown Disney, the unions, their uncle, etc., before making the call.

Believe me, I am in the same boat with my July reservation and I am as frustrated with the situation as all of you. :grouphug: I hang out daily in the DISBoards, hoping to get new (positive) info. If it's not happening, I have two other options, but I need to get plane tickets for the two other options, and right now, I don't want to tie up more money on travel that will not be refunded, only used as a future credit.

But, compared to some other travel companies, I think Disney is handling this as well as they can, given the level of uncertainty that this pandemic is causing. For example, I am still waiting on NCL to reimburse me for my paid-in-full, $5,000 April 5th cruise that they cancelled on March 13th. That's 9 weeks that I have been waiting for my reimbursement on a cruise they cancelled with a 3 week notice. And flights, from different airlines, are getting cancelled like 48 hours before. And some travel providers are only giving future credit, not reimbursements. Given all that, I think Disney is doing a pretty good job by having an extremely flexible cancellation policy that allows you to cancel without any penalty, or wait for the 3-week rolling cancellation, and actually giving you a refund within a reasonable time frame.

Last edited:
Why? As long as people get refunds I see no issue.

I mean really...they do not actually know that they will be open in 2021. So you dont think they should take reservations for then?
As I stated before, it's because there's more riding than just the reservation. I have to get permission for time off from work, I have to juggle kids summer schedules, etc. It's a big deal. Wish I could just drop things at will and say, "Oh look, they're open now; let's go this weekend".

As I stated before, it's because there's more riding than just the reservation. I have to get permission for time off from work, I have to juggle kids summer schedules, etc. It's a big deal. Wish I could just drop things at will and say, "Oh look, they're open now; let's go this weekend".

So do what works best for you. Other people have more flexibility and are fine booking and seeing what happens, why take away their ability to do that just because it doesn't work for you?

You are defending a company that is doing rolling cancellations only because they don’t want their call centers bombarded with calls. Instead they could be considerate enough to let their guests know that they will not be opening in June. Don’t be fooled. When it comes to how they are handling cancellations they are doing what’s best for them not what’s best for their guests. They moved their available reservations to July for a reason. Because they KNOW they won’t be opening before then. Not to cap capacity like everyone is insinuating. And they knew this for May also. People need to make plans, take time off work, reserve boarding for their pets, book flights and so on. Giving 2wks notice and false hope when they KNOW they will not be opening in my opinion isn’t right.

Other than extending the rolling cancellation up 1 more week to 4 weeks out for cash rooms & parks and 10-14 days for DVC rooms I do not think they could possibly KNOW anything more during this entire situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter