Literally

I literally use literally in literal situations :) Yea, my dd and I jokingly use this word all the time while using the the finger quotes like from the character from Mad TV years ago.

I'm done with the word dude. Just typing even bugs me :)

It's like this, like we got to literally conversate about all this stuff, like you no for sure.

Super seems to be the new word. Super good, super cute, super this and super that. A prolific poster here says it all the time.
I completely agree on that one. I generally assume a person to have poor vocabulary when they use "super" as their choice of adjectives.

I have a pretty good vocabulary but I do use a lot of these words in casual conversation.

I guess it’s just my personality. It was the lingo and way we talked growing up. Sometimes it’s hard to break old habits although I do try really hard not to.

I guess it’s a good thing you guys only have to converse with me on here, where I can edit myself and choose my words more carefully :thumbsup2

I've noticed the over use of literally also. Not only are people using it all the time they drag out each syllable for emphasis.

I have a pretty good vocabulary but I do use a lot of these words in casual conversation.

I guess it’s just my personality. It was the lingo and way we talked growing up. Sometimes it’s hard to break old habits although I do try really hard not to.

I guess it’s a good thing you guys only have to converse with me on here, where I can edit myself and choose my words more carefully :thumbsup2
I'm sorry. That wasn't directed at you! :flower3: I really haven't noticed you using "super" that much. I think part of it is how often it's used. Some use it as their "go to" adjective of choice and it just drives me nuts.

I'm sorry. That wasn't directed at you! :flower3: I really haven't noticed you using "super" that much. I think part of it is how often it's used. Some use it as their "go to" adjective of choice and it just drives me nuts.
Oh I didn’t really think it was directed at me. But, I do know that IRL I use those words with some frequency. I mean, no one has pointed it out to me(and my husband certainly would) so it’s probably not as often as I think. I always do an inward cringe when I read these threads though. Maybe it’s a good thing though! It makes me stop and think about what I’m saying.

Why did you have to call me out like that???:rotfl:

Oh I didn’t really think it was directed at me. But, I do know that IRL I use those words with some frequency. I mean, no one has pointed it out to me(and my husband certainly would) so it’s probably not as often as I think. I always do an inward cringe when I read these threads though. Maybe it’s a good thing though! It makes me stop and think about what I’m saying.
Super-sure he meant me! :laughing:

OMG. We are currently trying to break our nephew of using the word "technically" at the beginning of every sentence lol. We've explained the definition over and over and conversations still go like this:

Me: Did you brush your teeth yet?
Him: Technically, yes. I brushed them yesterday.

Me: Do you have any homework?
Him: Technically, no. I have one thing but the rest I finished in school

Me: Are you ready for practice?
Him: Technically, yes, I just have to put my shoes on. (as he sits on the couch eating chips with NOTHING ready)

Him: Technically, my cousins are my brothers and sisters since I live with them
Me: :headache: Remember how we talked about what "technically" means?

But he's 11, so......

The word LIKE, I just can't when people say "like" 4 times in a sentence!!! :sad2:

You "just can't"... what???????? I'm waiting for the rest of your thought... I've been waiting for years for teen girls to tell me WHAT it is they "just can't".

Seriously though, I'm not picking on you. Just had to point that one out, lol. It's a good one.

I'm old, so please don't take offense. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter