Live from Pop

DMRick

I prefer to be tagless!
Been here at POP two days, and it feels like a ghost town! Where is everyone? They only seem to come out at meal times, and even then, no problem finding a spot to sit. Not many in the pool, compared to when we are here during busier times.

We went to Magic Kingdom today, and walked on most, or had very very short lines. I notice a real lack of older kids..mostly us old folks and very young kids (with parents).

We are in the 70's our requested section (didn't get a king bed, but we have 2 other rooms to be occupied under our AP rate tomorrow, so I assume that may have something to do with it). Our room was very clean at check in and was cleaned well today.

I'm especially enjoying the weather, as we left during snow, (after a 3 hour delay because of deicing and a plane problem) and I was told my area got 6 inches. The weather is just perfect here.

Tomorrow we are spending the day at Epcot with a short stop at Animal Kingdom.

Off to rest, for an early Mickey wake up call (or whoever is calling these days)

Greetings from Upstate NY!!! :wave:

Enjoy the warm:sunny:weather while you can. They are predicting some snow (squalls) from the lakes tonight and it is supposed to get very windy. They said on the news tonight that they are looking at a possible "significant" storm on Sunday. :confused3

It must be nice to have the parks to yourself. We will be arriving at the POP next Wednesday, February lst (first time there) and can't wait. I'm hoping the weather cooperates and there's not much of a crowd.

Have fun, enjoy!
Please save some warm weather for us!

Hi! I'm glad you're having such a great time! My Dad and I will be making our first visit to POP this weekend and I cannot wait. I hope the weather stays nice and the crowds stay low for us all!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip, here's some pixie dust for you! :)

Maybe I'll see you Friday morning when we check in!!

we will be joining you thursday...cant wait !!!! :thumbsup2

We're in 109, in the 70's building. Feel free to stop by or call to say hi! I have two small mickey's stuck to my window, but they keep falling off so they are in the sill LOL!Looks like another beautiful day out there. We usually watch Disney cover the flowers as the temps go into the low 30's when we come in January, so we are just thrilled with the weather!! Hope all of you heading down get to enjoy this warm weather. Beats the snow!!

DMRick,

Can you tell me if there are clock radios and hair dryers in the rooms?

April said:
DMRick,

Can you tell me if there are clock radios and hair dryers in the rooms?
Yes, to both...although the hair dryer is the usual motel type, and not a real strong one. Also there is an ironing board an diron.

They are very similar to what they have been having, but they have changed since we were here for a night in October. The green is a bit darker and the "sayings" are a bit bigger. I've been seening plenty of both all week, at the drink station, so it's been easy to make a comparison.
On a different note, we ate at an area at Pop I don't remember being here. It had awesome sandwiches (vegetable, lean beef etc) made on a (for lack of what I'm sure is the correct word) wood fire tortilla type shell and we've been back twice, and I'm sure we'll be again. I asked one of the food court managers if it was new, and he said yes. They don't have many customers but he said it was here to stay, in hopes it will catch on for those who wish a healthier meal. (I devoured the veggie sandwhich..it was every bit as good as ranforests portabella mushroom sandwich, or even better, for $7.00 minus my DDE 20%)We also got some hummus and another spread, with black and green olives, anchovies (couldn't taste them thank God), and several other things (I saved the cover if you really want to know, but it's put away right now).Those spreads (they used the container you get oatmeal in) were $1.99, a bargain, and we spread them on bagel chips, and can't wait to get more. Just delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter