Live from Universal & Sapphire Falls 5/24-5/27

pattyw

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I have never attempted a trip report before. I'm trying a quick, live report to see how this goes!

DH and I, Joe are taking a short weekend trip to Universal to visit our son, Troy, who is currently in the Disney College program. We are lifetime Disney lovers(still are), but we have grown to absolutely LOVE Universal and the relaxing nature of the vacations here.

We had a 5:00 am flight out of Buffalo! So, no sleep for us! But we had a nice quick direct flight- arrived in Orlando at 7:20am. We hired Tony Hinds for our airport transportation. We met Ron, one of his drivers and had a nice conversation with him on our way to Sapphire Falls! It's a beautiful resort and we're so happy to be here!

IMG_1915.JPG

Beautiful resort! We checked in but had to wait for our room. We checked our bags and went to Amatista Cookhouse for breakfast! Very nice buffet. We had great service and a nice leisurely breakfast- MANY CUPS OF COFFEE as well!

IMG_1918_opt (1).jpg

IMG_1917_opt.jpg

While eating breakfast, we got a text that our room was ready- including room number so we could go right to our room. And it was only 10:00 am! We got a little lost trying to find our room. We didn't know about the first number of the room meaning what guest house you're in and the second number is the floor number. We found a team member who explained this and we were off to our room. We reserved a lagoon view room and we were in guest house 3 on the 4th floor- so just steps from the lobby!

Here's the view from our room!

IMG_1925_opt.jpg IMG_1924_opt.jpg

We tried out the water slide- very fun! Usually we are the only adults on the water slide and feel a little out of place, but not today! Mostly adults were using the slide with a few kids as well!

We went back to the room to shower and change. Troy was coming to meet us and then off to lunch!

So, we headed to Toothsome for lunch. It was about 2pm by now, so no wait to be seated. We were seated upstairs. It is such a cute place.

Met up with Professor Doctor Penelope and Robot Jacques! Penelope was so personable and engaging! She came back a few times to talk during our meal!

IMG_1952_opt.jpg IMG_1943_opt.jpg

Next... off to the park and later, our evening at Strong Water Tavern!! But have to go now- it's sunny and have to take advantage of that!

Hey Patty! Glad the rain cleared up. Gorgeous pool and room view. And holy smokes those portions look huge at lunch! And so nice the boy got to come over for lunch!

Yay..........

Love the pictures..........Sapphire is so much fun........love the place!

Looking forward to your StrongWater pics.........we almost took root in there last week.....:rotfl:

And how lovely you got to see your boy..........glad you’re taking the time to post :thumbsup2

Great start to your trip report...love the pics :thumbsup2

I had that blue plate burger on our last trip. It was tasty but I couldn't finish it, luckily DS was there so he ate the rest.

Looking forward to your next installment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!