Delete Thread

Your meal looked great at Bice. I've been there once for my bachelorette and the food was amazing, we got the gnocci. The service was great. Definitely a return to restaurant.

It was an amazing meal! (And great service), I agree it's definitely somewhere I think we'll go again next time.

We have Bice planned for our first Universal night. We also plan a dinner at the Palm and we were going to have breakfast at the Kitchen. Now I really want to have lunch at the Kitchen too. Thank you for the great reviews!

mYcyzHil.jpg

Yum, this was so good!
Oh my goodness! This looks amazing! It's not even 7am, I've already had breakfast, but all I want to do now is eat pasta :rotfl2: Sounds like you two had an amazing meal at Bice! Next time I venture off Disney property, this seems like a good place to start ;) ::yes::

We have Bice planned for our first Universal night. We also plan a dinner at the Palm and we were going to have breakfast at the Kitchen. Now I really want to have lunch at the Kitchen too. Thank you for the great reviews!

Ooo those sound like some good food plans!

Oh my goodness! This looks amazing! It's not even 7am, I've already had breakfast, but all I want to do now is eat pasta :rotfl2: Sounds like you two had an amazing meal at Bice! Next time I venture off Disney property, this seems like a good place to start ;) ::yes::

9uIDwsa.gif

It was a really good meal and Portofino is a gorgeous resort if you've never been before.

Wow, what an amazing looking and sounding meal and all at a place I've never even heard of. I like you am Italian so I'm picky about it, but your pastas look divine! And how great they could do such a good GF version for Josh. Speaking of which carpaccio is one of my favorite things ever so I'd be all over this.

It will probably be a few more years before we head to Universal as Casey doesn't know what a lot of the movies are yet, but at least I know where we'll eat :-)

He said he was hungry, but I think getting a burger of that size is just being dramatic :rotfl:
:rotfl2:

I love a good burger, and those looked delicious!!! Although, I honestly don't know how one would even begin to tackle the double?! :confused3 :laughing:

I love Cowfish! One of my favorites over there. I've only had the sushi so it's interesting seeing the other options they have. those fries look good. What did you think of the movie? I liked it, but I know it got mixed reviews.

Eh, I wasn't crazy about the movie. I liked the first one better than I thought I would, but didn't really like this one as much. It had some good parts. I liked Jude Law as a young Dumbledore, and I think the niffler is adorable. Overall I'd rather see the Dumbledore/Grindelwald conflict separate from all the fantastic beasts stuff but specifically for this movie I don't like all the changes and retconning of things that took place in this movie (like McGonagall being alive before she was born, Nagini being a cursed woman, and there suddenly being another Dumbledore with the same problem as Ariana). The twist was a surprise simply because it doesn't really make sense with the books, (as someone who didn't read the books Josh seemed to think what they were hinting at was quite obvious) but felt like it was just for shock value? I'm sure they'll come with an explanation in the upcoming movies, but it since they have enough to work with why invent characters to add to established backstories?
They did do a lot of stuff against what JK Rowling has presented as facts like McGonagall alive. I think the ending is going to turn out to be a lie and he isn't a Dumbledore

I love the flavor of the boursin cheese and it's so good on burgers. I actually started buying Boursin cheese at home to put on crackers, and Josh started putting it on his burgers at home :laughing:

I'm so with you on this, I put that sh#t on everything lol

and for the first time on one of our trips we went back to the same restaurant twice.
That's the ultimate testament for how good a place is! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

We're headed to California in 2 months.
Yay! That'll be here in no time... I hope anyway. This winter needs to end asap! :laughing:

Thanks for sharing another adventure with us! I so enjoy your TRs and DTRs :goodvibes I'll be heading over now to your PTR!

Best Dessert: Cheesecake tree at The Edison & snowman macaron at Amorette's.

rsQqQiYl.jpg

hf8oQaDl.jpg
So we've decided you like things on sticks for dessert?

We'll be going to Disneyland for a few days, but I'm not sure if you can put Disneyland DTR's on this board. If not I'll put my food reviews into the TR I'll be doing on the Disneyland boards.
I think you definitely can! Whatever works best for you!

That's the ultimate testament for how good a place is! :thumbsup2

It is! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for reading!

So we've decided you like things on sticks for dessert?

That seems to be where this is going :rotfl:

I think you definitely can! Whatever works best for you!

I wasn't sure if this board is for DL food reviews, but I'd like to do a DTR. Then again this DTR wasn't that much Disney at all so I guess it should be fine.

Josh loved Alex so much he made me immediately leave him a good review

That's high praise!!

Torta alla Ricotta fresca e Nutella servita con pere saltate alla Cannella
Nutella and Ricotta Cake served with Cinnamon sautéed Pear

B7PjXxEl.jpg

Yum!! We so rarely order dessert, but I sure do get excited looking at them, LOL!!

LbeS87Ql.jpg

This is the burger I usually get here, and the best one I've had so far (although I think I need to try the truffle cheese one). This was pretty good even though I was already full of french fries :rotfl: I love the flavor of the boursin cheese and it's so good on burgers. I actually started buying Boursin cheese at home to put on crackers, and Josh started putting it on his burgers at home :laughing:

This looks so good! I'd have kept the mushrooms but not bothered with the lettuce/tomato either (sometimes they just get in the way!!). You definitely need to try the boursin potatoes at Le Cellier sometime!!

That burger is the size of a planet!!

Worst Overall Meal: Seaworld QS & BTS

6xKDRkKl.jpg

LOL, this poor sad food :rotfl::rotfl:

but the fry appetizer at Cowfish was really delicious too.

These did look pretty delicious

You guys had some excellent food on this trip!! I love Italian food, but I am so particular about the way it tastes, b/c I don't like eating at a restaurant when it doesn't taste any better than what I could make at home. We have a place here called Bocca, and it is incredible, they make their own pasta and everything else is made upon ordering. The desserts are also really good. I've never had anything that compares to it quality wise for Italian food, so I'm curious about Bice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!