loews YouFirst will NOT be replaced

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
I have been Platinum in Loews YouFirst program for at least a decade. It truly was wonderful to enjoy the amazing suites at their Universal resorts over the years

For whatever reason I never received the mass email that went out earlier this year. I interpreted the copy a friend was kind enough to forward to me to indicate a replacement loyalty program would be forthcoming.

I booked a last stay under the program on December 6th. Will move over to another on-site property on the 7th. Believe this is what triggered the email.

Curious to hear if anyone else here received the same one Thought I’d share it in advance of any potential mass email

My email received last evening indicated that there will be no formal reward program; I.e. At the end of the day, we're confident we don't need a formal program to recognize our very best guests.

Here is the email in its entirety:

Important Update for Loews YouFirst Members

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Loews Hotels & Co.Travel is highly personal, and we feel the same way about our relationship with you. We're reaching out to ensure you know our YouFirst program will end after December 6, 2018. Our records indicate that you did not receive our initial notification about the YouFirst program, and we apologize sincerely for this oversight.

At Loews, nothing is more important than our relationships with our guests. Valuable guest feedback helped us to understand that YouFirst isn't enticing or relevant and that a list of pre-set benefits has not been meeting our guests' individual needs. At the end of the day, we're confident we don't need a formal program to recognize our very best guests.

Here is what to expect next:

• Existing or new reservations through December 6, 2018, will be eligible for *YouFirst benefits. Reservations beginning on or after December 7, 2018, will not receive YouFirst benefits. You can access Frequently Asked Questions here.

• You can continue to use your YouFirst log-in email address and password for www.loewshotels.com. As of December 7, the log-in area will be labeled as "Loews Account Sign-In." By logging in to our website, you can access upcoming and past stay information and contact details, and enjoy a more seamless online reservations experience.

• Finally, rest assured that we are committed to recognizing you as one of our best guests and to continuing to make Loews an easy choice for your future stays.
At Loews Hotels & Co, we look forward to making every one of your future visits a special experience. We're confident you will feel recognized, valued and like one of our best when we welcome you in our doors next week and next year.
divider_desk.png
Sincerely,
Loews Hotels & Co

Agree with Janet on what she posted

I sent her a copy of the first Loews letter that came out in September

For some reason I have received 3 of the same letters

It was clear then that December this year the youfirst program would be terminated

I doubt any new programs will replace it

I assume they will continue to accept ap discounts in the future on their bookings

When I first became a Loews member, it took some time to start at the blue level to climb to the gold and also to the platinum levels

I had no issues reaching and holding at the top Level but many did not

Makes me think loyalty programs in the hotel are not going to continue or be revamped into something else

I’ll still stay at the premier onsite hotels due to the proximity to the parks and city walk as long as room Rates don’t double

One letter to me stated
new ideas are happening

I’ll believe it when I read it....1

YouFirst isn't enticing or relevant and that a list of pre-set benefits has not been meeting our guests' individual needs

While I wasn't one of their best customers, their program made it impossible for me to hit any real level. Often when I would simply book a stay with no intention of having a discount it still wouldn't count. When I'd make an AP booking sometimes it would say it wouldn't count then it did. But it NEVER counted when I booked directly without an AP discount and with whatever popped up (seasonal, SMSM). It drove me batty.

For people going multiple times a year it somehow worked out, but even taking two a year it just never hit any level that meant anything to me. Whereas other hotels with points-based programs, etc, seemed to work out just fine for a once or twice a year traveler.

program on December 6th. Will move over to another on-site property on the 7th. Believe this is what triggered the email.

Curious to hear if anyone else here received the same one Thought I’d share it in advance of any potential mass email

I received the same email yesterday (having also not received anything previously). My next trip's not until January but perhaps they were checking a list of people with upcoming stays against the list of people they'd notified.

Ya, I finally received an email yesterday too. I was a platinum member but I have no trips planned.

I received the same email yesterday (having also not received anything previously). My next trip's not until January but perhaps they were checking a list of people with upcoming stays against the list of people they'd notified.

Same here. I made a reservation in May.

We hotel hopped this past trip, from 11/29-12/10 and checked into to Sapphire Falls after the program expired. We are/were Gold level. There was still a welcome basket in our room.

429554BF-2646-483E-AD72-BE453999990D.jpeg
We received an upgrade to pool view 2 Q and nicer fruit basket than we had received at PBH, nice suprise.

Per the e-mail I received upon termination of the Loews Hotel YouFirst program in Dec 2018:

"Finally, rest assured that we are committed to recognizing you as one of our best guests and to continuing to make Loews an easy choice for your future stays. "

We were Loews Gold, now that the YouFirst program has been eliminated, have any members received any recognition lately at the Orlando properties?

I can only speak for myself .
No recognition since program terminated .
Was platinum level for many years with the YouFirst program

Guests are always called by their name when they check in but that is standard at any hotel

I did get a fruit basket when I was at Portofino in June. I was pretty surprised. I don't think this is standard for all guests, is it?

We were Loews Gold, they comped our parking at Cabana Bay for our 4 day stay in December '19.

I have a February stay planned at Royal Pacific. I tried to get my Loews Gold number added to the reservation via a phone call to central reservations with no success.

We will see what happens when I get there.

I was Loews platinum and just came back from a stay at Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific. There was no acknowledgement at either resort that I was a prior platinum member.

However, in June at Portofino Bay we did receive a fruit platter. I think they have recently purged all information about previous member status.

I thought they did away with that system

Had received an email long time ago about that

I was platinum level with Loews when they changed that program

I thought they did away with that system

Had received an email long time ago about that

I was platinum level with Loews when they changed that program
Same level for us. Since it was officially discontinued, we have received fruit trays and complimentary upgrades from standard to pool view at PBH & RPH

HRH in Oct upgraded us to GV from standard, didn’t expect anything there as our 1st visit since Loews dropped their program

We were at CB same trip, end of September for 3 nights. We were charged to park. They did verbally acknowledge us as being “VIP” (whatever that means???) in their system. Nothing special granted other than what they described as a “special, deep cleaning” of the room category we paid for when booking. That was a good as any excuse for us getting into the room later than expected I suppose.

Same level for us. Since it was officially discontinued, we have received fruit trays and complimentary upgrades from standard to pool view at PBH & RPH

HRH in Oct upgraded us to GV from standard, didn’t expect anything there as our 1st visit since Loews dropped their program

We were at CB same trip, end of September for 3 nights. We were charged to park. They did verbally acknowledge us as being “VIP” (whatever that means???) in their system. Nothing special granted other than what they described as a “special, deep cleaning” of the room category we paid for when booking. That was a good as any excuse for us getting into the room later than expected I suppose.

Our trip in December...got rooms early at both Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific but no other acknowledgement of previous platinum level. However, their systems were all undergoing a transition. I think the old information has probably been all wiped out by the new system.

I hope you guys do not mind, but as someone who doesn't know much about this program, but I am curious to know what the benefits truly were, as well as how long some of you were members?

I'm curious as I remember reading @keishashadow's story in the Cabana section a couple of months back, but think I heard something else around that time about some form of a loyalty program too, but other than that, never really ever heard of it, nor of it's benefits until then and also now. I theorize depending on the benefits, or how long you all were members, if it might not be "YouFirst isn't enticing or relevant and that a list of pre-set benefits has not been meeting our guests' individual needs." But rather the question of advertising and promoting this program which therefore wouldn't entice people to join (other than perhaps just simply not wanting to give those benefits anymore).

As for example, I am part of the Hard Rock Rewards which I joined while I was still a teenager. However, I'd be curious as to know how many people really use/participate in the program, or even knows about it, because while I am a reward member, I am only since I was educated upon it years ago and while I do not go all the time, the times I've been afterward I have not heard of an offer, or suggestion about the Hard Rock Rewards in years. Do not know if anyone has the same experience, but something I personally have noticed and depending how all of you are members I am wondering if that is part of the reasoning.

They do not promote it, therefore they have a certain amount of customers coming in, but not joining a program they offer, so they think "why do we need to offer it?" They still get the same amount of money and will save money (I'm assuming discounts are involved by all your stories) by simply not offering it anymore. Now I say "not promote it" loosely, perhaps I should say not promote it enough as I may be ill educated about it, but I would think if they truly cared and wanted to really promote it to increase business it would be offered to any potential guest who contacts any agent (whether on phone, or in person) and would be showcased in a lot of different forms in terms of advertising.

What's done is done as it's over now, but I'm just theorizing / being curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter