Logging onto shanghai disneyland wifi

npoon

Mouseketeer
I would like to log onto shanghai Disneyland wifi, what tips or advice can anyone provide to safeguard my phone and not get hacked.

I don't recommend using the Wifi there. You have to have an access code sent to a phone number and will be behind the great firewall of China (edit: not necessarily a Chinese phone number but SMS roaming fees may apply).

The best option would be to purchase a SIM card from Hong Kong that is not firewall restricted and use the internet from that. The other two reasonable options are to use roaming from your home country (T-mobile for the US is good for this) or purchase a local SIM/Wifi egg. In the later cases, you will have to make sure you set up whatever VPN service you want to use first. The level of security will depend on your VPN.

Getting connected is a bigger problem than security in my opinion. Especially because CMs will be reluctant to let you get paper fastpasses and try to force you to use the app which you can't even use without internet connect.

Last edited:
I have read that some CMs will input their own number in order to give you access, but I’m sure YMMV. I think @gelatoni fan ’s advice will better serve you.

I used my canadian phone number to receive a WiFi code from the Shanghai Disneyland WiFi login page. I then used a VPN to access facebook and the rest of the blocked sites.

I will probably try this too, which VPN did you use? Thanks!

We had a CM that used his mainland number to get the PINs, then entered them into our phones for us. I've seen others try the same thing but weren't able to get someone who would help.

I will probably try this too, which VPN did you use? Thanks!

VYPR VPN. Quite reliable and remember that if the one you use now doesn't work, you can try another country. Some plans even include multiple devices, so my sister used a Canadian IP and she could watch her favorite TV show at night on her phone!

VYPR VPN. Quite reliable and remember that if the one you use now doesn't work, you can try another country. Some plans even include multiple devices, so my sister used a Canadian IP and she could watch her favorite TV show at night on her phone!

Thank you so much for the info!

Hi, how is this process supposed to work? We'll be there with two phones with a local SIM and apparently its own VPN, but we're getting a backup from StrongVPN as a backup. Are there instructions published somewhere which can help us get online and use the app to manage FastPasses for my DW and DD? I've heard you can do it all through one phone?

Mark

I was there during March break and I purchased a sims card before the trip. I thought I am prepared and NOPE... Sims card did not work. Couldn't get connection to the local cell phone provider. Not sure what happened but just couldn't get it to work. Ended up asking for CM to help me connect to wifi (asked them to help me get the verification code with their phone number. ) All I really care is to connect to their app to get Fastpasses, which worked. We were able to go on all rides with minimum wait for the two days we were there.

@TLPL - How easy was it to use the app once you got online? I have it, but outside the park it's not good for much except seeing wait times for rides (aside: YIKES!). There doesn't seem to be much in the way of how-tos for this app online - was it easy enough to use? I'm hoping to get online ASAP after entry and grab that first FP for Soaring as we walk to Pirates...

Mark

@TLPL - How easy was it to use the app once you got online? I have it, but outside the park it's not good for much except seeing wait times for rides (aside: YIKES!). There doesn't seem to be much in the way of how-tos for this app online - was it easy enough to use? I'm hoping to get online ASAP after entry and grab that first FP for Soaring as we walk to Pirates...

Mark

It is super easy to use and it is a must use. It is paperless so no need to keep track of your park tickets and fast pass tickets like few years ago when they first introduce FP. It save you tons of time in the morning as you don't need to rush to the FP machine anyMore. As soon as you are in the park, scan your park tickets to the app to create your fast pass party and start booking your first fast past of the day. It shows you the available fast passes and the return time windows for each attractions. Most people want Soaring but since we have been on WDW version of it so many time it is not a priority to us. Instead, we keep booking for the other rides all morning, and by the time we arrive at the attractions we can walk right in on the fast pass lane. As soon as we checked in, we pull out the phone and book the next fast pass. We were able to go on all rides with minimal wait, we book the Soaring fast pass on the second day only when we saw the return window for it was getting close to the park closing time. And we were able to book another set of fast pass for other ride after two hours from that moment. We got to go on Tron like times, it was amazing!

A comment on park WiFi from our visit last month (March 16, 18, 19):

We stayed at the Toy Story Hotel, and while at the hotel the WiFi login allows either a phone number or room number and name.
Once in the parks, a "reconnect" page appears rather than the page requiring a phone number.

I only needed to enter room number and name once during the entire visit, but usually needed to "reconnect" when switching between park and hotel.

sdr_wifi.jpg

Last edited:
YouTuber "ThisNatasha" has published a video where she actually uses the app, and how to register your tickets and manage FPs.

The part with the app starts at 4:00. I think I'm ready to deal with that part now - I've also found that I should have access to a China phone number as part of my connectivity package, so with luck we should be covered to get onto the wifi as well. Thanks everyone for their advice!

Mark

Argh, my SIM card doesn't look like it accepts texts. Back to square two, asking a CM when we get in there...

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter