London/Paris Add-On at Disneyland Paris

BirdsOfPreyDave

Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We're so excited to have booked our first ABD. We're doing the London/Paris itinerary in May 2018. We want to add a post-adventure add-on at Disneyland Paris. Our travel agent says Disney hasn't released the 2018 add-ons, yet.

Any idea when ABD typically releases these?

We did this trip early June last year. I just checked my email history and it looks like we were able to get pricing on the pre and post nights in mid-January, so you should be able to get it soon. If you have not read my trip report yet, I discuss how we agonized over the cost of doing the post add-on through ABD (it is really pricey) but in the end it was worth it for the convenience. Happy to answer any questions.

Fun! We’re going to Paris in March (on our own),and I’m holding out hope for a day at Disneyland Paris. Have a fabulous trip

Why go to Disneyland Paris when there is so much to see in Paris ?

Have a look at Park Astrix ... on the outskirts of Paris ( Belgium side ) if you need a Theme Park " Fix "

Have a look at Park Astrix ... on the outskirts of Paris ( Belgium side ) if you need a Theme Park " Fix "

I agree. Paris is one city that is on my bucket list but Disneyland Paris is not. I'm going to Paris for Paris, not to see America in Paris.

Yes, there is a lot to see in Paris, but, if you are someone who has a desire to see all of the Disney parks (like myself), I would argue, why wouldn't I go to Disneyland Paris? Everyone has their own idea of what a trip should be. We're spending a glorious week in Paris, including a trip to Normandy to see the D-Day beaches, and if I can swing a day to Disney while I'm there, then I'm definitely going to do it.

To go, or not to go, obviously is very dependent upon what your idea of the trip should be. It will be different for everyone and that is okay. All I know, I'm excited to get to Paris and experience the culture of this amazing city. I'm sure the OP will also enjoy their time there as well.

To tgeorge

You arrive for 7 days in Paris ....... Say Sunday to Saturday evening

Sunday ..... Arrive 9 am then rest for a few hours at Hotel.

Sunday 2pm go and explore the area.

Monday 9am Visit Eifel Tower ....... Afternoon the gardens around the Louvre.

Tuesday & Wednesday ( 2 days to enjoy the visit ) ... The Normandy Beaches.

Thursday Versailles ..... Do not miss

Friday ....... Arc De Triumph & that area

Saturday ..... River trip on The Seine ..... with lunch

Saturday afternoon get ready for flight home.

SO how will you find time to spend a day at Disneyland ?

To tgeorge
You arrive for 7 days in Paris ....... Say Sunday to Saturday evening
Sunday ..... Arrive 9 am then rest for a few hours at Hotel.
Sunday 2pm go and explore the area.
Monday 9am Visit Eifel Tower ....... Afternoon the gardens around the Louvre.
Tuesday & Wednesday ( 2 days to enjoy the visit ) ... The Normandy Beaches.
Thursday Versailles ..... Do not miss
Friday ....... Arc De Triumph & that area
Saturday ..... River trip on The Seine ..... with lunch
Saturday afternoon get ready for flight home.
SO how will you find time to spend a day at Disneyland ?
Just because you aren't interested in something does NOT mean you get to demean people who *are* interested in it. No-one on this thread asked for your (or anyone's) opinion of their choice to go to Disneyland Paris.

Sayhello

We’re doing one day at Normandy, it will be a LONG day (12+ hours), but our friends are also coming and they are only staying 5 days. We have a couple of private tours set up for Louvre, Saint Chapelle and La Conciergerie one day and Versailles for the other day. Notre Dame, Marais and Seine dinner cruise. We arrive early and plan Arc De Triumph, Eiffel Tower on that day since everyone says not to sleep the day we arrive until bed time. That leaves another day for Disney.

Will I be missing things in Paris? Of course!! I am under no illusion that I will be leaving a ton of things unseen: Opera Garnier, Tuileries and Luxembourg gardens, Orsay museum, catacombs, and many others I know I haven’t listed. However, I know that there is no way that I’d see Paris in a week ( not unlike any other major city).

Someone once told me that the only ‘must-dos’ in any location are what you find appealing and what interests you. I have a friend who went to Paris and had no desire to see the Louvre. Just not her thing. So, while some people can’t imagine going to Paris and NOT going to the Louvre, she couldn’t imagine spending her precious vacation time going somewhere she just had no desire to see.

If I’m lucky enough to get back to Paris someday, I can look at the places I didn’t get to, but if I am unable to get back, I want to make sure I’ve seen the places I consider a ‘must do’ and Disneyland Paris just happens to be on that list, for me.

Be sure to get advance timed tickets for the Eiffel tower. On a nice summer day, the ticket line for the Eiffel tower stretches all the way back to London!

It's the same for most other European tourist attraction and museums. Get your tickets on-line to avoid spending your vacation by standing in line/queue.

-Paul

The post days at Disneyland Paris have appeal because you are at the hotel that is right at the gate to the two parks.

We choked at the price. I reserved two extra nights at the Hilton Paris Opera. It was maybe 250 Euros a night. From there we took the train to Disneyland Paris. It costs about 15 Euros for a round trip ticket. The train station is about a 10 minutes walk from the hotel. We were able to see the highlights of both parks in one day, although we did not get to eat at Chez Remy.

The second day we went to see L’Orangerie and the Musee d’Orsay, which were spectacular.

Several on our ABD group were participating in a RunDisney event, and they found that staying on-site was great for them.

I went to Paris over my college spring break back in the '90s... we weren't your typical American tourists: my travel partner had grown up in Europe and spoke French, and I had studied and worked in Germany... but nevertheless we had such a bad experience with Parisians being unpleasant that I decided to head to Disneyland Paris for my last day in Paris "They can't be mean to me at Disneyland" ;) Then we took the train down to Montpelier and the folks there were much nicer as well.

It has been a long time since I was there, but my recollection is that Disney Paris has a different feel that Disney Florida... almost like combining Epcot's World Showcase with Magic Kingdom since there is a European influence on everything.

Yes, there is a lot to see in Paris, but, if you are someone who has a desire to see all of the Disney parks (like myself), I would argue, why wouldn't I go to Disneyland Paris? Everyone has their own idea of what a trip should be. We're spending a glorious week in Paris, including a trip to Normandy to see the D-Day beaches, and if I can swing a day to Disney while I'm there, then I'm definitely going to do it.

Seriously. I only had a few days in Japan and I've had people shocked that I would use one of my days to go to Disney. I had a blast and have zero regrets. As a Disney fan it was one of the highlights of my trip.

It might be that the OP is a real Disney fan. Park Astrix wouldn't even come close to satisfying that itch.
Well said. We actually went to Tokyo and spent nearly all our time (3 days) at TDL/TDS because that's what we really wanted to see.

I was once lucky enough to go to Paris for four days. The Disney girl in me just had to go to and take a look. We did not go into the parks, but we rode the train to it and walked around at the shops and restaurants in Disney Village. We enjoyed our time there, and if I had longer in that beautiful city, I would allow myself an inside park visit!

I say go for it! If seeing Disneyland Paris is on your list, then by all means go!

Have a great time!

Can't actually respond to your question. But we went to London and Paris in 2000 as a post-bar trip. Anyway, we didn't go to Disneyland Paris because we didn't have time with all that I wanted to see in Paris. Years later, I wish we had. But it gives me an excuse to go back to Paris (which I loved, but otherwise would want to spend my limited vacation time seeing places that I have not yet seen in the world).

So, our next trip to Paris will be very park-heavy, throwing in the big highlights for our daughters and a few things I missed last trip. And I've also thought about Japan and such a trip would also be very park days heavy.

Everyone should do the trip that they want to do. And don't let others shame you into doing what they think that you should do. (This also gets to people going off about others being "tourists" v. travelers, etc. It is your time and your money. Do what you want on a trip, even if it is the most touristy thing that you can think of.)

And I think that there is a cultural aspect to a non-U.S. Disney park - how do the French do Disney. It is different from the U.S. parks.

And I think that there is a cultural aspect to a non-U.S. Disney park - how do the French do Disney. It is different from the U.S. parks.

SO true from the food to the experiences to the souvenirs.

Back to the OP’s question—post stays opened up last week. I’m on the June 1 London/Paris trip. They let me book my Disney Paris add-on Wednesday. No money required to sign up. Final payment due 2/1. Hope that helps!

We are in the preliminary stages of planning our first ABD vacation, with the London/Paris trip. I know we are interested in DLP, would anyone mind sharing ballpark prices for the extension price? Just curious how high the sticker shock may be. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter