looking at upgrading!!!!

Rohu13

Earning My Ears
Please help me decide if I want to upgrade. I have a cat. 8 for 11/29 sailing. I told my husband I wanted a verandah cat 6.... It would be 500.00 extra...he told me to do it. BUT guess what they are all sold out. Cat 5 is available, 800.00 extra. I don't know if I can justify the 300.00 difference. That 300.00 could be an excursion for our family. Any thoughts would be sooooooo appreciated!!

I would suggest to you to keep your room and save $800. There's so much stuff to do onboard. We were hardly in our room on our 4 day with all the activities, and we didn't hangout that much on our verandah (which we got as a free upgrade). The kids would probably be in the clubs most of the time, depending on their age. Like you said, you can use the money for something else like excursions, shopping, photos... Who knows, you might get some of those magical pixel dusts free upgrade.

I Agree with gswfan.

1. You may get an upgrade anyway. Look at the boards, it does seem to happen. Don't count on it though.

2. You don't miss what you don't have.

3. The extra $300 is on top of the $500 extra already ok'd by DH.

We first went to WDW and I took the DW kids to the Grand Floridian. Now they won't go anywhere else.

I would save the $, and then on your next cruise (there will be a next cruise), if you splurge for the verandah it will make that cruise that much more special.

My two cents.

Jim

Rohu13--not sure how accurate it is--but I just went to orbitz.com and they listed the following as "availiable" cat. 6 staterooms for the Nov. 29th cruise (i'm on it, too): 6588,6132,6128,6076,5624,5622,5126.
Hmmmmm......makes you wonder who's right.

Hi, I am not sure how big your party is but we stayed in a category 7 on our 7 night. They all hold 3 people which may not work for you. We had an obstructed verandah that use to be a 5 but is now a 7. We loved it and would book it again. Kim :cool:

Originally posted by jgalecpa

I would save the $, and then on your next cruise (there will be a next cruise), if you splurge for the verandah it will make that cruise that much more special.

I agree, then the $800 can be put toward your deposit for your NEXT cruise.

Joanna

gassmandy....actually, they both can be right...it looks like Orbitz has a block of rooms from Disney and apparently their inventory is not sold out yet. DCL's inventory is. This is quite common. Many times you can call DCL and they will tell you that a certain category is sold out, but be able to find it through another TA. Sometimes TA's can give back their unsold cabins to DCL if it looks like they cannot sell them...thus, making that category available again thru DCL directly.

MJ

mmouse37 - you are so right - we are sailing the Magic over Christmas, and originally though we wanted to go over New Year's. Since I only just came up with this idea of a cruise about 3 - 4 weeks ago, the 12/27 was sold out.

I did a google search using "Disney+cruise+sold+out", may have added +cabins, and got www.Mouseearvacations.com, they still had quite a few cabins that they had booked over a year ago for this cruise. No discounts, but at least we are going, and we are thrilled!!

Good luck!:smooth:

I'm curious where you are finding dates/cabins available on Orbitz.com All I get is a generic link to Disney cruise with "Starting from" prices... am I missing something?

mcguirls--not sure if theres a faster way but this is how I get the info:
1. When you get to the web site go to the top left area and click on "cruises".
2. Over on the right side click on "search by cruise line".
3. click on DCL in the list of cruise lines
4. Scroll down to "sailing calendar" & click on the cruise itinerary & month you want (ex. Caribbean East & Nov).
5. Hit the select button under "staterooms from"
6. Click the "check dates & prices" button.
7. Select cruise dates--It'll ask which airport you need tickets from--whether you want it or not--just pick a city in order to get to the next page. Pick # of passengers and click "continue".
8. Under "cruise only" select the cat. you're interested in to show list of rooms availiable.
Hope this helps!

Keep the room, save the money and spend it on excursions, stuff and photos!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter