Looking for a Mandoline Slicer

I own a very expensive mandoline but usually use one that I bought for $10 at my local grocery store. The expensive one works much better, but it’s difficult to clean. I throw the cheap one in the dishwasher.

I own a very expensive mandoline but usually use one that I bought for $10 at my local grocery store. The expensive one works much better, but it’s difficult to clean. I throw the cheap one in the dishwasher.

That's about what I spent on the one I got at Target. I only use it to slice potatoes to fry up chips but it works well and is easy to clean.

I have the Pampered Chef one and like it..Although I don't use it a ton. Just easier to cut by hand sometimes.

We have one that we paid $5 for at Aldi. It is awesome and has several blades to use with it. We use it for carrots, potatoes, and celery, and it's still sharp.

I've got one in the kitchen cupboard. Bought it to make some fancy potato dish. Used it once and it's been sitting in the cupboard every since. I need to just try and sell the dang thing.
I don't even remember the brand anymore.

I have the one from Pampered Chef... While its wasn't cheap, or over the top expensive it has really been worth it. I have had it for about 10+ years, and it works great, all the parts are easy to clean, dishwasher safe, no rust on the blades (the one I had before I bought pamper chefs blades got that rusty look and texture on them in about a year) the kit came with the mandolin and guard along with a couple extra options for types of slices... Overall it was a good purchase and has stood the test of time... Its still going strong and will be for years, honestly it looks brand new. I only use it a dozen or so times a year, and it shows no signs of wear and tear.

I don't know what your idea of budget friendly is exactly, but this is the one we have. I love it and it's not super expensive, but not cheap, either.

Swissmar Borner V Power Mandoline, V-7000
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CN6Q1Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have this exact one and I love it! Very very sharp so always protect your fingers.

Me, three.

I love it. I keep it on the counter and use it a couple of times a week. Incredibly sharp and clean up is a breeze. (Watch those fingers !! )

I've had a couple of different ones, and neither of them come even close to this one. One was from Pampered Chef. Sorry, but it was a piece of trash compared to this thing. The other was a no name brand, bought in desperation. It also ended up in the trash.

This one will be the last one you buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter