Looking for Disney Book Recommendations

davedray

Earning My Ears
Hey there (Hi there, Ho there)! I just started listening to the Connecting with Walt podcast, and I really enjoy it. On the most recent one, the hosts mentioned some like: you've read all the important books. Well, I am just starting to get more into this and was looking to start reading about Walt and Disney in general. So, I was wondering, what are your go to books to recommend on Disney? Not to make this all about me, but I am most interested in the History of the Parks, Walt and/or the Disney Family (so maybe a biography), and the history of the disney studios. I tried looking on amazon, and it was all over the place. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there (Hi there, Ho there)! I just started listening to the Connecting with Walt podcast, and I really enjoy it. On the most recent one, the hosts mentioned some like: you've read all the important books. Well, I am just starting to get more into this and was looking to start reading about Walt and Disney in general. So, I was wondering, what are your go to books to recommend on Disney? Not to make this all about me, but I am most interested in the History of the Parks, Walt and/or the Disney Family (so maybe a biography), and the history of the disney studios. I tried looking on amazon, and it was all over the place. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
There are probably already two or three posts about this same topic. Just go back a page or two and you'll get your answers.

There are probably already two or three posts about this same topic. Just go back a page or two and you'll get your answers.
Sorry supernova, Still earning my ears here... I went a couple of pages back and did not find a similar topic. I will dig deeper in the next couple of days.

So strange that I have read and posted in that thread myself and yet I cannot find it. Not sure why though! Just thought that you would get faster info by scrolling that thread than by waiting here for people to respond. Will try to hunt it down and link you to it.

Connecting With Walt had an episode years ago where the listed wonderful book recommendations: http://www.disunplugged.com/2017/01/13/connecting-with-walt-podcast-011317/

The Bob Thomas biographies of Walt and Roy are really great.

There usually quite pricey, but any of the books by J.B Kaufman are a really great way to learn very specific information about the studios and specific movies. (https://www.amazon.com/J.-B.-Kaufman/e/B002U296VA?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share) . But if you can get your hands on even one you will learn a lot.

A must read (in my opinion) is Disney Wars, which talks about the history of the Disney business from about the mid-1980's to early 2000's.

I just got the Haunted Mansion by Jason Surrell and love it.

It's a start!

Connecting With Walt had an episode years ago where the listed wonderful book recommendations: http://www.disunplugged.com/2017/01/13/connecting-with-walt-podcast-011317/

The Bob Thomas biographies of Walt and Roy are really great.

There usually quite pricey, but any of the books by J.B Kaufman are a really great way to learn very specific information about the studios and specific movies. (https://www.amazon.com/J.-B.-Kaufman/e/B002U296VA?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share) . But if you can get your hands on even one you will learn a lot.

A must read (in my opinion) is Disney Wars, which talks about the history of the Disney business from about the mid-1980's to early 2000's.

I just got the Haunted Mansion by Jason Surrell and love it.

It's a start!
It's a GREAT start! I actually just got Disney Wars in the mail! I am excited to read that, along with a bunch of short WDW park stories by Jim Korkis I really like (Heard him on connecting with walt). And that connecting with walt podcast link is AMAZING! Thank you so much!!

It's a GREAT start! I actually just got Disney Wars in the mail! I am excited to read that, along with a bunch of short WDW park stories by Jim Korkis I really like (Heard him on connecting with walt). And that connecting with walt podcast link is AMAZING! Thank you so much!!

Your very welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter