Looking for experiences using the Disney "Quick Service Dining Cards"

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
This is something that we don't have much information on here. A "dining" program available to non-Disney hotels that actually saves some money. With more interest in off-site hotels, hoping to get some input from folks who have used these, how they booked it, did they feel it was a value once the package was priced out etc.

If you have used these cards, would like to get your input.
:thumbsup2

Quick Service Dining Cards
Save on meals and snacks with the Disney Quick-Service Dine Card—a convenient option for Guests with qualifying vacation packages at eligible Walt Disney World-area hotels! These gift cards have a value that’s more than the price you pay for the card.

Eligible hotels include:

What’s Included
The Dine Card can be used to purchase meals and snacks at participating Quick-Service dining locations at Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, Resort hotels and at Disney Springs.

Note: Check with individual locations for program participation before redemption. Character Dining, Signature Dining and Dinner Shows are not included.

How to Purchase a Dine Card
When you book a Walt Disney World vacation package at an eligible hotel, you can add a Dine Card for each person in your party ages 3 and older. This option can be added up to 5 days in advance of your stay.

Value & Price
These gift cards have a value of $40 per adult (ages 10 and up) per day and $15 per child (ages 3 to 9) per day—which is more than the price you pay for the card.

For example, if you have a party of 2 adults, one 12-year-old and one 8-year-old, and you select the 5-Day Dine Card, you’d get 3 cards with a value of $200 each and one card with a $75 value. That’s a total value of $675—at a cost of just $587.50.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/disney-dining-card/

Quick-Dine-700x439.jpg

Sounds interesting! We're staying at the Swan in May but have a room only. Seems like it has to be a package booked?

From the website:
"When you’re ready to eat, simply visit a participating Quick-Service dining location and use your Dine Card to pay. You can use the card’s value as you like, and even spend the entire value in one day."

So this is essentially a gift card that can be used at certain QS locations sold at a discount.

It looks good as far as pricing if you want the prepaid option. Then a hotel that is less money. I am waiting to see if I can get free dining when it drops on Monday or Tuesday but this is my backup plan. What I was hoping was to get due to the early rumor it would start Aug 2 looks like I am out of luck now its changed ( still hopeful though!)
Plan A) Aug 8-15th with FD getting 2 rooms at pop for 6 1 child ( 6 year old) everyone is a Disney adult. With 2 rooms at Pop I would pay $6400 that is quick service dining 5 day park hoppers.
Plan B)
Will stay at Doubletree Disney springs July 11th -July 18th ( will go sooner if no FD)
Sleeps 6 will be a little tight getting rollaway for the 6 year old. I am going to skip park hopper option. I do need to buy my 6 year old a childs 5 day ticket. I will purchase "10" day dining cards that will have a value of $2150 I will split this up as $307 a day for all of us or $45 a day the kids can get QS meals and snacks just like in dining plan AND I read the cards do not exp which is a plus if we don't use them all. I am going for 10 day cards because I want wiggle room for the food. It comes out to be approx. Total cost will come out to approx. $6500

This really might be worthwhile if I can purchase the Disney Quick Service Dining Cards with my discounted Disney gift cards. I but the gift cards with my cash back credit card at Kroger when they have a 4x Fuel Points promotion. That gives me a big discount on gas (4 drivers in my household - at 4xs Fuel Points a $100 gift card will get you .40 cents off 35 gallons of gas. That is a $14 savings. Pay with your Disney Visa and you get an additional $1 back. So a 15% savings). If I combine the gas discount with the cash back and the 12.5% to 13% discount the Dining Cards give me, that's a pretty big discount over all! I wish the Dining Cards worked at table service restaurants too.

Last edited:
This really might be worthwhile if I can purchase the Disney Quick Service Dining Cards with my discounted Disney gift cards. I but the gift cards with my cash back credit card at Kroger when they have a 4x Fuel Points promotion. That gives me a big discount on gas (4 drivers in my household - at 4xs Fuel Points a $100 gift card will get you .40 cents off 35 gallons of gas. That is a $14 savings. Pay with your Disney Visa and you get an additional $1 back. So a 15% savings). If I combine the gas discount with the cash back and the 12.5% to 13% discount the Dining Cards give me, that's a pretty big discount over all! I wish the Dining Cards worked at table service restaurants too.
Great idea!!

Ok I have questions.

It says you can get this when you book at Good Neighbor hotels. So far so good. But what is a "qualifying vacation package"? I'm wondering does that mean you can't buy them if you're staying in a Good Neighbor hotel on rewards points?

Ok I have questions.

It says you can get this when you book at Good Neighbor hotels. So far so good. But what is a "qualifying vacation package"? I'm wondering does that mean you can't buy them if you're staying in a Good Neighbor hotel on rewards points?
That I am not sure of I booked my trip right through the Disney website

That I am not sure of I booked my trip right through the Disney website

Thank you, Mamaof6!

I have started this post over a couple of times due to confusion. I am not certain, but I think the confusion is because this hotel is a new Good Neighbor hotel. I may be completely wrong as we had not picked this hotel out when I first looked at the list of Good Neighbor hotels on Disney's website and may have simply overlooked it. I think I am right because of the hotel's website and Disney's Good Neighbor Hotel website not entirely agreeing with each other.

Currently if you go to the WDW Good Neighbor Hotel's website and pick a hotel to book clicking the booking link just sends you to the hotel's website to book. Some of the hotels offer a room + tickets to Disney World option. We've picked the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista which currently does not have this option.

They do have an option to book the room + Disney Shuttle + $25 Disney gift card per night. This option is between $35-48 per night more expensive than just booking the room the cheapest way which is prepayment. There are also 2 prepayment options. If I understand correctly one of them is just prepaying the resort fees and one isn't, but it isn't very clear. One of the things that disagrees is the Good Neighbor website is it says the shuttle is free and available to all guests. But of course this option also includes the Disney Gift Card, so maybe it is just another option?

All of this confusion led me to just call the hotel directly. Unfortunately for me I happened to get someone new on the phone who told me the person who would know all the answers had had to leave for the day, so please call back. She did tell me they do sell Disney World tickets at the hotel. She wasn't certain of anything regarding how the quick service dining cards work, but did say yes they do have them. She also said she thought the Disney shuttle was available to all hotel guests as long as they request it, but asked that I please confirm when I can talk with the concierge.

I will call back tomorrow and report back whatever I learn.

Last edited:
I've been told you can add on a Quick Service dine card if you book a package thru Disney with park tickets at a good neighbor hotel, Disney Springs hotel, Swan, Dolphin, or Four Seasons. I am not sure about the newly designated Gateway hotels.

You can also pick how many days you want to get the dine card for...you don't have to take it for the length of your stay (unlike the dining plan when you stay in a disney resort.)

Thank you, Mamaof6!

I have started this post over a couple of times due to confusion. I am not certain, but I think the confusion is because this hotel is a new Good Neighbor hotel. I may be completely wrong as we had not picked this hotel out when I first looked at the list of Good Neighbor hotels on Disney's website and may have simply overlooked it. I think I am right because of the hotel's website and Disney's Good Neighbor Hotel website not entirely agreeing with each other.

Currently if you go to the WDW Good Neighbor Hotel's website and pick a hotel to book clicking the booking link just sends you to the hotel's website to book. Some of the hotels offer a room + tickets to Disney World option. We've picked the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista which currently does not have this option.

They do have an option to book the room + Disney Shuttle + $25 Disney gift card per night. This option is between $35-48 per night more expensive than just booking the room the cheapest way which is prepayment. There are also 2 prepayment options. If I understand correctly one of them is just prepaying the resort fees and one isn't, but it isn't very clear. One of the things that disagrees is the Good Neighbor website is it says the shuttle is free and available to all guests. But of course this option also includes the Disney Gift Card, so maybe it is just another option?

All of this confusion led me to just call the hotel directly. Unfortunately for me I happened to get someone new on the phone who told me the person who would know all the answers had had to leave for the day, so please call back. She did tell me they do sell Disney World tickets at the hotel. She wasn't certain of anything regarding how the quick service dining cards work, but did say yes they do have them. She also said she thought the Disney shuttle was available to all hotel guests as long as they request it, but asked that I please confirm when I can talk with the concierge.

I will call back tomorrow and report back whatever I learn.
When I went to the Disney site I clicked on "places to stay" and then this link https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/more/#/disney-springs-area/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter