Looking for poolside music/entertainment

can'tgetenufofwdw

Mouseketeer
We usually stay at Star Island because they have a poolside DJ. We enjoy the music and poolside games. Can anyone recommend any other resorts that offer this? We have always been very happy at Star Island just looking to mix it up and try something new.

Sheraton Vistana Resort often has a DJ doing tunes at the Spas Super Pool. Not sure if there are set hours, but I recall him being there most afternoons. We usually lounge at a quieter pool, so it's not one I frequent, but the kids enjoy it.

Now this is my kind of topic. If you have ever read any of my posts, you will know that timeshare resorts are my absolute favorite/preferred accommodations when visiting Orlando. I have stayed onsite at Disney and for the price, of a room in a Disney moderate resort, and the park tickets, I can get a vacation offsite, and stay twice as long and enjoy so much more than theme parks. Anyway, that wasn't your question, so here are my suggestions:

Orange Lake has the Sunset pool parties. They also have a "glow pool party". They give the kids glow bands to make necklaces and bracelets. They turn on black lights and everything glows in the dark. It's really nice. Orange Lake also does a dive in movie. They show a movie on an inflatable screen by the pool. You can swim and watch. Or just sit in one of the lounge chairs and watch. I believe they also have a Karaoke night at the River Island section. We didn't go to that but I have heard people say it's fun. There is also an a small movie theater on property too.

Westgate Town Center/Vacation Villas has the BEST pool parties in our opinion. My daughter learned all her line dances there. She started participating at the age of 5 or 6 and hasn't stopped. She is 14 now and she can "Wobble, Cupid Shuffle, Same 'ol two step, etc. Their pool parties also include an owners barbecue for free. So if you are a timeshare owner at Westgate, or renting from an owner, you are included in the bbq. Others pay a fee, but it is an all you can eat over a 2 hour period. In the meantime there is a DJ playing music by the pool. Now Westgate Town Center/Vacation Villas has 13 pools on property. Usually there is something happening at one or two of them on a regular basis. I have to give Westgate more credit over Orange Lake. Westgate also has its own waterpark. Owners/guest of owners are free**. Westgate also has bike rentals, swan paddle boats, mini golf, indoor movie theater. I believe the cost is less expensive than Orange Lake and includes alot more. If had to choose, my family will choose Westgate first then Orange Lake. Fortunately for us, we get to choose both. We stay for 2 to 3 weeks and will stay at each one for a week.
**make sure to remind the owner to have it noted on your reservation so you can get your voucher from the front desk to go pick up your wrist bands **

Bonnet Creek is also nice but not as much activity as Westgate or Orange Lake. At Bonnet Creek, I prefer building 5 or building 6. Building 5 is at the Lazy river. Building 6 is by the pirate ship/slide. All of the poolside activities take place across the lake at building 2 or 3 I believe. It's not a far walk to get to the other buildings at all. Its actually a nice walk. But I wouldn't want to stay in other buildings except 5 and 6. Just a personal preference.

All the ones mentioned also have contests and giveaways. Westgate also has adult activities like Bingo for prizes. Of course they all have happy hours for discounted adult drinks. My favorite drink at Westgate is at the Cabana pool bar. They have a Banana Cabana Colada!!! Best drink ever!!! Ok, I am getting off topic. I think you will have a great time at either Orange Lake or Westgate. Bonnet Creek is fun too!! Go to their websites and look for the activities calendar. I am sure you will have a GREAT TIME wherever you decide.

If you don't mind venturing over to the darkside, the Hard Rock and Portofino Bay at Universal both have DJs with plenty of kid and adult pool side games during the day. We greatly preferred Portofino Bay, as the entire Hard Rock pool is no deeper than 3 feet and our kids didnt like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!