Looking For Suggestions. Help Us!

DisneFamily

Earning My Ears
We are leaving for Disney World in 3 weeks and have a huge problem! We are looking for any suggestions so please share any ideas!! So here is our issue: We arrive on Saturday at 8:30am (there were no other flights for us to take or change to) and are staying in the Windsor Hills rental homes. Our home will not be cleaned and ready for us until 4pm. We have stayed there many times and have discussed with the owners about arriving early but the best they can do is have the property manager call us when the cleaning crew is done. This still will probably be until 2pm. We don’t necessarily want to head over to the park because we will be exhausted from waking up at 3am to catch our flight. Also, if we did attempt to do a park we don’t know where we can leave all our luggage. In our rental car we are nervous to leave items such as cosmetics and what not because of the heat. So does anyone have any ideas of what they would do during this time?

Depending on your group maybe a water park. You could just hang out by one of the pools and relax. If you are worried about cosmetics you could probably bring those in with you. I say depending on your group because if you have younger kids then this would probably be the opposite of relaxing...

We also don't do the park on our first day, but stay on site, and the room is always ready. If the room wasn't the first thing we would do is change and go swimming. Not sure about Windsor Hills, but do they have a community pool? Another of the first things we do is go to Disney Springs. You can eat, shop, or just leisurely stroll around. We've yet to make time for it, but you could go mini golfing. You could also go to breakfast, then explore the area or go to an early movie (although, that is something that I wouldn't be interested in, but an idea).

A movie is a great idea if everyone is tired out and needs a quiet place to chill out. Pack your cosmetics in a lunch bag with a frozen ice pack if you are worried and just lock your luggage in the car and enjoy yourselves.

To be honest, I might plan something exciting otherwise it can kinda suck to just sit around waiting for your room. Everyone might get tiredand cranky. Last week we arrived at our beachfront Miami Beach hotel after a fabulous 1 week cruise at about 10:30am. I planned for us to walk around Miami Beach, lay on the beach, go for a bike ride, etc. But my crew were tired after a super late night and just flopped in the lobby. My DH and I went for a bike ride and then dragged everyone out for a (cranky) stroll at 1pm. And then we all breathed a huge sigh of relief when we finally got our room at 2:30pm. We all promptly took a nap lol.

Go eat breakfast somewhere, maybe drive around and check out some sights and then maybe go food shopping if you need to (since you have a kitchen I assume you’ll at least get some drinks and snacks. Or maybe see if theres a way you can drop off your luggage at the house before it’s ready, or maybe they have a main office or something that will hold it, then go off and have fun.

Even if the house isn't ready I'm guessing they would let you drop the luggage off early. I would do that first, then head to Disney Springs for lunch and shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter