Looking to book a studio January 2018

WallE71

Mouseketeer
Just a quick question. We are wanting to do a last minute trip to WDW for the last weekend in January for just adults. We want to go to Moonlight Madness for January 28th, but there is no availability. Question is if we get on a waitlist what resort do I have the best chance of it being filled in a studio in the MK area. Right now, we are on a list for Boulder Ridge. We own at the Poly, but did not think that was our best chance. We would take OKW or SSR if we had too. TIA.

That is Pro Bowl weekend, I give you a less than 1 in 5 chance of getting any thing more than a night here or there and now way in a studio.

That is Pro Bowl weekend, I give you a less than 1 in 5 chance of getting any thing more than a night here or there and now way in a studio.
So the Pro Bowl is making a impact at Disney? Have any feedback in the parks? We went this year during the first week of February and it was unbelievable crowd wise, weather wise, just plain awesome. So I have wondered about the last week in January as well. Thanks.

Last year it was crazy crowded, looked like a typical peak summer crowd. We will never go again when the Pro Bowl is in town.

Last year it was crazy crowded, looked like a typical peak summer crowd. We will never go again when the Pro Bowl is in town.

Was it all week before too? We are headed to Disney the week before leaving day before pro bowl.

Weekdays we not too bad, but the weekend were busy, more so at MK than the other parks. I would expect AK to be busy with Avatar open, it was last month.

As a local, any time there is a big event (Pro Bowl, Citrus Bowl, concerts, etc) within the Orlando area, you can expect the studios for DVC to be booked. Lots of people say, hey I am going to Orlando, I have DVC membership or know about renting points, I might as well visit/stay at WDW.

Ok, so I'll take note. A look at a crowd calendar suggest too that most of weekdays before and weekdays after might not be too bad, but like Friday-Sunday of it will not be a good time. But this is in regarding crowds, not DVC.

Just now seeing the replies. Thanks. Small update. I got a reservation for Jan 28th but now can not find a reservation at OKW for 29th. My wife will be upset to find out we are doing a split stay on two night stay, but oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter