Looking to buy at SSR; would existing owners buy there again?

Congrats! I think SSR is a great purchase and we would absolutely buy there again. We initially bought SSR planning to use those points to stay all over, since we'd like to stay at every DVC resort at least once. We also own other home resorts so we can guarantee stays at those resorts especially at tough to book times of year or for tougher booking categories. For the most part, we've been using our SSR points for VGC stays, which we've been very fortunate with booking due to a combination of booking 1BRs and being very flexible with our timing (plus waitlists have been great for us).

We bought SSR in 2018 but just stayed there for the first time this past February, and we really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a renovated 2BR in Congress Park and we loved the renovated room, the easy walk to DS, and the overall peace and quiet of the resort. The only downside for us was needing buses to go everywhere since we're at the phase of little ones and a double stroller, but I can see us choosing to stay at SSR more often as the kids get older and age out of strollers completely.

SSR owner (200 points) since 2006:
No, we would not purchase SSR again. We rarely stay here. It's been years. BCV is our favorite (have spent over 75 nights here)
We have been fortunate in that we have always been able to secure what we want at BCV at 7 months out, but we anticipate that becoming more difficult in the future so we will be adding-on there as soon as the right offer for us comes along.
SSR is just too spread out for my family and the location is not desirable for us.

We love SSR (first purchase 2008) and have several contracts plus AUL. Our stays are usually two or three nights before going on the DCL. What we enjoy about SSR is the quiet and the openness because of the spread out buildings, the trees, and the lake. It is relaxing to get away from the Disney overload from a day in the parks. Not as relaxing as on the cruise but still relaxing. We have plenty of points for now.

If anyone in your party is a golfer, SSR is great because it's right on the golf course. I enjoy staying at SSR for a couple of days, but not the entire trip due to having to take buses to all of the parks (we own at BWV and BLT, so we are spoiled with walking to parks). SSR is so relaxing and I love the close proximity to DS. I really like the variety of the dining options at DS. The current refurb looks really nice to, so that will be a nice bonus. :)

Congrats on the purchase!

I do like to golf, but since our schedules have usually been go, go, go, I have not yet taken the time to go golfing while at WDW. My wife knows it's on my list of activities in the future, so this may work out nicely. All paperwork is completed and now we wait for ROFR. Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter