Looks like Frontier Airlines is going to start flying out of Buffalo!

alohamom

DIS Veteran
Heads up my fellow Canadian Dis'ers!

Frontier Airlines is a no frills carrier similar to Spirit and Alligiant. We flew with them for a steal of a price two years ago on a Black Friday special from Detroit to Orlando, under $300 USD for all 4 of us round trip.

I just found out that starting mid December they will be flying out of Buffalo.

They charge for EVERYTHING including carryon that goes in the upper compartments above you but you can put luggage under for about the same price so that is what we did. Read though the website first before you book to be sure of all you charges but it was actually a wonderful direct flight on a very clean new plane. You are allowed one small carry on if it fits under the seat ahead of you.

If you sign up they will send you specials as they happen and if you join their "den club" for $50 you get even better prices. We thought that they offered a great product for the price and if you are looking for a decent cheap bus like transportation method to the world, this is a great option.

Heads up my fellow Canadian Dis'ers!

Frontier Airlines is a no frills carrier similar to Spirit and Alligiant. We flew with them for a steal of a price two years ago on a Black Friday special from Detroit to Orlando, under $300 USD for all 4 of us round trip.

I just found out that starting mid December they will be flying out of Buffalo.

They charge for EVERYTHING including carryon that goes in the upper compartments above you but you can put luggage under for about the same price so that is what we did. Read though the website first before you book to be sure of all you charges but it was actually a wonderful direct flight on a very clean new plane. You are allowed one small carry on if it fits under the seat ahead of you.

If you sign up they will send you specials as they happen and if you join their "den club" for $50 you get even better prices. We thought that they offered a great product for the price and if you are looking for a decent cheap bus like transportation method to the world, this is a great option.
Glad to hear you liked them! My mom flew frontier for the first time this week and loved both of her flights. We are trying them out in October. Even with The Works, where you pay for checked luggage/seat picks/etc it still came out a bit cheaper than United which is what we usually fly.

but do they fly buffalo to orlando, or into another port. We dont want to fly into anything then Orlando. We dont like leaving the Magic bubble.:flower1::flower1:

Like how insane? I might book to many trips. Lol

Well, insane enough to make us drive 3 hours to Detroit (the closest airport to us they were flying out of at the time) for a long MVMCP weekend that we had totally not planned.

Here is my receipt from them for that trip, this included joining the "Den Club" in the form of "Options" but not the luggage charge of $45 which I added later

THIS IS FOR FOUR PEOPLE ROUND TRIP!!!! I have paid more than that for just one of us. Yes, we had the extra charge of gas to Detroit and a hotel stay overnight which was approx $160 including parking but it was still one of the cheapest airfares we have ever had! (once we snagged $29 one way to MCO on Southwest but that was still a little more)

INVOICE

SUMMARY

Airfare $36.48
Options $49.99
Taxes and carrier-imposed fees $115.52

GRAND TOTAL $201.99

TOTAL $201.99

Payment Date 11/15
Payment Amount $201.99

THANK YOU FOR FLYING FRONTIER AIRLINES!

I am finding more and more I am getting fantastic travel specials on Black Friday. This Frontier one was two years ago so who is to say that they will do it this year but it is worth signing up for the emails just in case.

That is super fantastic..we are in Northern Ontario so we drive past Toronto to Buffalo. 7 hour drive. We have also flown from Flint, Mi. Its a 8 hour drive. But we make it part of our vacay. I need flights for Dec 23rd back on jan 5th. I have SW booked for our flight down on March 7th @ $83 but need home on march 17th yet.
I will be watching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!