Looks Like the POLY is Our Laughin' Place! - An Aug 2017 PTR - COMPELTE, TR LINK POSTED

Your Universal plans sound great! You def have to get on MIB and Transformers they are both so funny! And the Mummy is one of my faves!

Hope you are able to snag a table at Toothsomes! I so badly wanted to try it on my last trip but the wait was wayyy too long.

Wow, you going to do THAT?

msy.gif

Bless you on getting all that done in one day. I've been to Universal three times now and still haven't done Jurassic Park River Adventure, The Mummy (every time I'm with people, they want to skip it) & Skull Island (the line was even more ridiculous than Gringotts and Forbidden Journey during Christmas week). Also, SpiderMan is UNREAL and honestly it's not much of a roller coaster. The 3D is just incredible and what makes it thrilling. My family was shooketh by that one.

Also, we need to go to Universal together and character hunt. (The only character I've met there was face Grinch and it made my life, but I WANT TO MEET LUCY, MARILYN, THE MARVEL CHARACTERS AND DOC!!!!)

you now- "Bless you on getting all that done in one day"
me in 3 months- *does an attraction, meets a character, gets tired, has a snack, checks phone for an hour*

Jurassic Park River Adventure is Splash Mountain with Dinosaurs and it's my FAV. And Mummy is unreal and the best attraction at Universal!

Can we please have a Universal vacation? This is about to sound blasphemous but honestly their vacation packages are a much better value than Disney's...

Your Universal plans sound great! You def have to get on MIB and Transformers they are both so funny! And the Mummy is one of my faves!

Hope you are able to snag a table at Toothsomes! I so badly wanted to try it on my last trip but the wait was wayyy too long.

Thank you for the tip on MIB and Transformers, I haven't been on them but I'm happy to know you like them!

I hope we are too! I'll come back with tips and a full dining review for you!

you now- "Bless you on getting all that done in one day"
me in 3 months- *does an attraction, meets a character, gets tired, has a snack, checks phone for an hour*

Lol same #formercastmemberlife

Jurassic Park River Adventure is Splash Mountain with Dinosaurs and it's my FAV. And Mummy is unreal and the best attraction at Universal!

I've wanted to do it. The first time I didn't do it because we did Popeye's instead and that was a mistake. The second time I just was not in the mood to get soaked. And I doubt Mummy will beat my actual fave: Forbidden Journey :) :) :)

Can we please have a Universal vacation? This is about to sound blasphemous but honestly their vacation packages are a much better value than Disney's...

Honestly tho, we literally say more blasphemous things about Disney than ever so I'd be down for a Universal vacay, blaspheme included.

Lol same #formercastmemberlife

I've wanted to do it. The first time I didn't do it because we did Popeye's instead and that was a mistake. The second time I just was not in the mood to get soaked. And I doubt Mummy will beat my actual fave: Forbidden Journey :) :) :)

Honestly tho, we literally say more blasphemous things about Disney than ever so I'd be down for a Universal vacay, blaspheme included.

Waitwaitwait, why are we not in Universal LITERALLY right now?

Epcot/Magic Kingdom Plans
41 Days Out

The park opens at 9 am on our Epcot day, but I'm not going to rope drop it. I'm gonna wake up at my own pace and head to Epcot. I'm not a fan of Future World, so if Soarin' is already over 30 minutes by the time I get to Epcot, I'm just gonna grab some Starbucks and start making my way around the World Showcase.

giphy.gif

I start from Mexico and make my way around clockwise. The official game plan is as follows:

• Meet Pluto
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Meet Anna and Elsa
  • Meet Snow White
  • Grab a caramel treat from Karamell-Kuche, probably one of the dreamy shortbread bars with walnuts
  • Watch the American Adventure show
  • Walk around Mitsukoshi, grab a souvenir
  • Roulé Lard and Fromage time!!! My favorite snack at Les Halles Boulangerie has always been the bacon and cheese Roulé Lard and Fromage, so this is where I'll stop and get lunch.
  • Meet Aurora and Belle
After a day scattered with shopping, meeting characters, and eating things, my family will arrive at around 3 for our FP+s at Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, and finally, Frozen Ever After. After our FEA FP+, I'm gonna try to get my family to meet Donald Duck with me. Or, at least, meet Donald with Grace while mom and dad get a frozen margarita. After exploring Mexico for a little bit, it'll be time for our dinner reservation at Hacienda!

I don't know what my family's plans are after that, but I'm going to head back to the hotel for a little rest.

Like I said before, I'm really, really looking forward to
evening EMH at Magic Kingdom. I'll arrive around the time of the fireworks to hit up some rides. Some rides are just BETTER at the night/during EMH. These rides include, but are NOT limited to: Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean and literally ANYTHING in Fantasyland.
I think the main reason I'm pushing so hard for evening EMH at MK is because when I was working EMH at PPF/SW, I would always be jealous of the guests who were playing in the parks at midnight.

635988370027841900-1807861533_tumblr_n072mtcj5r1trp4djo1_500.gif

Then it's time to go to sleep and rest up for my Hollywood Studios day!

-Kaitlyn

Last edited:
That Britney gif is so important to my life. Literally me during the later half of our program.

I love that my bb boy Pluto is at the top of your list for World Showcase, but why do you just have "the American Adventure show" and not Voices of Liberty? You can skip the show, but NOT the Voices of Liberty. Complete blasphemy.

Lol @ you talking about how excited you are to do evening EMH at MK because EVERYTHING is better at night in MK. It's too bad you weren't there with me that one night I got yelled at for still being at MK long after closing. Literally some Attractions leader stalked me out. Good times.

Your Epcot day sounds perfect! Nothing like strolling through World Showcase :)

Evenings at MK are so magical. And I totally agree, all those rides are so special at night!

That Britney gif is so important to my life. Literally me during the later half of our program.

I love that my bb boy Pluto is at the top of your list for World Showcase, but why do you just have "the American Adventure show" and not Voices of Liberty? You can skip the show, but NOT the Voices of Liberty. Complete blasphemy.

Lol @ you talking about how excited you are to do evening EMH at MK because EVERYTHING is better at night in MK. It's too bad you weren't there with me that one night I got yelled at for still being at MK long after closing. Literally some Attractions leader stalked me out. Good times.

Omg there was SO MUCH Starbucks during the second half of my program... literally how I kept myself alive. :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Wait, Voices of Liberty are still around? I thought that they had suffered the cruel wrath of entertainment cuts almost a year ago... YIKES, okay I'll see them.

I would have paid to see an Attractions leader stalk you out. Please tell me it was around Fanland?

Your Epcot day sounds perfect! Nothing like strolling through World Showcase :)

Evenings at MK are so magical. And I totally agree, all those rides are so special at night!

World Showcase is my favorite part of the World, hands down. It's so relaxing and there's so much to do and see!

Right? There's just nothing quite like Splash mountain when the sun goes down!

Hollywood Studios/Disney Springs Plan
40 Days Out

I'm trying to breeze through all of my full day plans, so let's move right along!

885d884e15dee8e6b8ddd21f317cddac9f758daa_hq.gif

First of all, RIP the hat. Second of all, DHS opens at 9:00 that day, and this actually is the one park that I'm trying to Rope Drop, so I'll be heading over there bright and early to
get on RnRC a few times. And being up early means that I get to treat myself to Starbucks again!

Then I'm going to
standby Great Movie Ride and catch a showing of The Little Mermaid. Our Star Wars FP+ doesn't open up until a little after noon, so I don't know if my parents are going to make it or not. If they do, we're gonna catch our SW FP+ and then grab something quick for lunch, most likely at ABC Commissary.

Then we have our
Toy Story Mania FP+ at 1:10. After that, we'll play it by ear until our window for Indiana Jones opens up!

giphy.gif

Indiana Jones lets out at 3:30, so after that, I think I might head back to the hotel to get ready for our dinner reservation. After stopping to pick up a Carrot Cake Cookie, of course! I'm going to want to take a shower, put on some nice clothes and makeup, and just relax before the show.

Our
Spirit of Aloha reservation is for 5:15. Like I've said before, I'm very excited for this meal. I've been meaning to try this dinner show for so long and the menu looks great! Plus, #LiloAndStitchVibes for dayyyysss.

giphy.gif

After Spirit of Aloha, I think I've made the decision to
head to Disney Springs. I'm not going to get to see it this trip otherwise, so I'll spend the rest of the night window-shopping and enjoying my old stomping grounds, since I spent so much time at DS during my CP.

-Kaitlyn

Omg Jedi Mickey laughing at my bb Darth Goofy showing off his boxers. I cry.

YAS to early morning marathons of RNRC! Again, another ride I would so join you on. Same with GMR... so I could say goodbye. :sad:

Omg, I'm so excited for you for Spirit of Aloha. Throwback to Kemuel and I sneaking in to view the show from the secret pathway between the Poly and the Grand. :rolleyes1

Disney Springs was lit lit LITTY during our program. During the holidays, that was my fave place to chill at. :cloud9:

Omg there was SO MUCH Starbucks during the second half of my program... literally how I kept myself alive. :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Omg same. I also like to think I revived #coffeewithcharacter lol

Wait, Voices of Liberty are still around? I thought that they had suffered the cruel wrath of entertainment cuts almost a year ago... YIKES, okay I'll see them.

Wait, what? Lol NO. I saw them all the time during my program. Did you not? Shameful.

I would have paid to see an Attractions leader stalk you out. Please tell me it was around Fanland?

Correction: It was a coordinator. I'm not sure what land they were from because they were wearing the generic attractions shirt (the striped tan one). I was taking as many empty hub photos as I could and I'm pretty sure he thought I was trying to sneak back into the already closed off Fantland (not that I'd ever want to lol).

Omg Jedi Mickey laughing at my bb Darth Goofy showing off his boxers. I cry.

YAS to early morning marathons of RNRC! Again, another ride I would so join you on. Same with GMR... so I could say goodbye. :sad:

Omg, I'm so excited for you for Spirit of Aloha. Throwback to Kemuel and I sneaking in to view the show from the secret pathway between the Poly and the Grand. :rolleyes1

Disney Springs was lit lit LITTY during our program. During the holidays, that was my fave place to chill at. :cloud9:

Omg same. I also like to think I revived #coffeewithcharacter lol

Wait, what? Lol NO. I saw them all the time during my program. Did you not? Shameful.

Correction: It was a coordinator. I'm not sure what land they were from because they were wearing the generic attractions shirt (the striped tan one). I was taking as many empty hub photos as I could and I'm pretty sure he thought I was trying to sneak back into the already closed off Fantland (not that I'd ever want to lol).

Gurl the closing of TGM is still just a RUMOR... right now. I won't stand for this negativity in my PTR!

Throwback to you and Kemuel. Period. End of sentence. Come back into my life?

Honestly I never imagined myself spending as much time at Disney Springs as I did on the program. I think for ALL of December on my days off, if I wasn't in Disney Springs I was at the Florida Mall. RIP December, the best and worst (mostly worst) of times.

Animal Kingdom Plans
40 days out

Double update! Double update! Woooooo!

Mostly because I'm watching Moana and it's bringing back memories of November/December when my life consisted of watching this movie at Disney Springs, meeting her in Hollywood Studios, and eyeing up her merchandise at the Polynesian. I just have a lot of feelings for Moana.

Moana-GIF-moana-40251852-500-200.gif

I also have a LOT of feelings for Pandora. I was watching some videos from TheTimTracker today and it got me super amped for Animal Kingdom!

Okay, so this is the other day where I'm super serious about rope dropping. Like, "I'll-be-at-the-bus-stop-at-least-thirty-minutes-before-the-first-bus-is-scheduled-to-leave" serious. I'm setting many alarms for this day. Park opens at 9? Looks like I'm waking up at 6:30.

As soon as I get into Animal Kingdom, I'm, of course, heading straight for Pandora. I'm
rope dropping Flights of Passage and then going to Windtraders to see if I can cop a Banshee puppet, because they're just so freakin' cool. After a few photos, I'm heading out of Pandora for just a little bit to see some more of Animal Kingdom.

I'm going to give
Expedition Everest the single-rider-line treatment once or twice, meet Pocahontas, meet Russell, and then meet Flik. In that order. Then it's back off to Pandora for lunch. I'm really, really, really keeping my fingers crossed that WDW will be adding the option to use QS credits for online ordering through the app so that I can order my cheeseburger pods on my walk back over there.

After lunch, I'm trying to catch a showing of
Finding Nemo the Musical. I know I'm in the minority here, but Finding Nemo is my favorite show at Animal Kingdom. No hate to FotLK. But it's a biiiiiiiiig bluuuuuuue woooooooorld, and I'm just living in it.

tumblr_n61bu8GCjt1tu8sz5o1_500.gif

After Nemo, I'm trying to meet Goofy and Pluto before the family gets here. They'r
e probably going to arrive close to 2:00 for our FP+. Maybe earlier, since mom is super excited for Pandora. We're going on
Na'vi River Journey
, and I'll give them as much time as possible to enjoy Pandora before heading off to our next FP+ at
Kilimanjaro Safaris
. After KS, I'm tricking them into taking photos of me with "You Are Most Beautiful" and "Fichwa! Fellow!". Then it's off to our
final dinner reservation for the trip, Yak & Yeti
. :sad:

We have one final FP+ after Y&Y, and it's
meeting Mickey and Minnie at Adventurer's Outpost, then it's off to Magic Kingdom to finish out the evening. I'll be using SDFP for a few of my favorite rides before crying over the fireworks and saying goodbye to Magic Kingdom, and WDW, for a while. :sad::sad::sad:

WHEW! We're done with day plans!

party:
I'm probably going to give updating a rest for a bit. My summer job starts Thursday and I'm very excited for it! I loved this camp last year and I can't wait to see my old campers and make some moolah for this trip.

-Kaitlyn

Last edited:
UGH, Moana. QUEEN. She's literally the mascot of my program because that was the only big Disney movie that came out that I went to see. So glad I got to meet her before she disappeared (and had the most iconic meet EVER on my last day in DHS).

AHHHHH TIMTRACKER!! The best. Discovered him when I was having HHN withdrawals. I NEED HALLOWEEN IN MY LIFE AGAIN. WHAT A JOYOUS TIME.

So jealous you get to see Pandora. I'm partly glad I'm going to be that one Disney freak who's going to see it when it's not having 6 hour waits for every ride, but I JUST WANT TO SEE IT URRRGGGGHHH

It still hurts when I see "meet Russell" as a thing...

tenor.gif

I'm still hardcore silent protesting that by not meeting Russell until they bring DUG BACK.

Ok, I have no issues with people liking Finding Nemo more than FotLK. FotLK just has my heart and although I've only seen Finding Nemo once WAY back in 2010, I just can't give up multiple FotLK viewings to watch Nemo once and FotLK. It isn't done for me. My issue with people is when they say that FotLK is all spectacle and Nemo has more substance then WHY DID I CRY MORE WATCHING FOTLK FOR THE LAST TIME THAN WISHES?!?! EXPLAIN THAT HATERS.

giphy.gif

Goofy and Pluto in Dinoland is the greatest M&G OF ALL TIME. Don't @ me.

Lol, I should have you bring a flat version of moi to take a photo with the "You Are Most Beautiful" wall just to be that person.

OH NO, THIS IS YOUR LAST DAY?! THAT IS TOO SAD NO. NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO I'm unsubscribing. This is the end for me.

im-not-happy.gif

Gurl the closing of TGM is still just a RUMOR... right now. I won't stand for this negativity in my PTR!

I'm such a negative person tho. It's a reflex. And I just don't want to be hopeful when I have to say goodbye all the way from NH because that's the life I lead.

Throwback to you and Kemuel. Period. End of sentence. Come back into my life?

Like can we please schedule a Google Hangout or something? I'm being serious. I miss both your beautiful faces.

Honestly I never imagined myself spending as much time at Disney Springs as I did on the program. I think for ALL of December on my days off, if I wasn't in Disney Springs I was at the Florida Mall. RIP December, the best and worst (mostly worst) of times.

Too true. I LOVE MK with all my heart but omg I DID NOT want to be there. I didn't trust TranStar or Disney transportation in general so I usually was there in the parks before my shifts, but prior to Christmas week through New Years, I began just spending my day in the Hub Grass. Even the Hall and the Neverland map weren't worth my time. But everyone was not feeling that MK life so hard at work so it was a weirdly good bonding experience.

P.S. You were not the first person to read my new update and I'm really upset about it. Go fix that.

Your DHS day sounds great! I look forward to hearing about Sprit of Aloha as I feel like it's not something that's talked about much!

Yay for getting to see Pandora, I'm sure you will have a blast! I love the Finding Nemo show as well!

Awww final night :( But at least it will be spent in MK!

UGH, Moana. QUEEN. She's literally the mascot of my program because that was the only big Disney movie that came out that I went to see. So glad I got to meet her before she disappeared (and had the most iconic meet EVER on my last day in DHS).

AHHHHH TIMTRACKER!! The best. Discovered him when I was having HHN withdrawals. I NEED HALLOWEEN IN MY LIFE AGAIN. WHAT A JOYOUS TIME.

So jealous you get to see Pandora. I'm partly glad I'm going to be that one Disney freak who's going to see it when it's not having 6 hour waits for every ride, but I JUST WANT TO SEE IT URRRGGGGHHH

It still hurts when I see "meet Russell" as a thing...

tenor.gif

I'm still hardcore silent protesting that by not meeting Russell until they bring DUG BACK.

Ok, I have no issues with people liking Finding Nemo more than FotLK. FotLK just has my heart and although I've only seen Finding Nemo once WAY back in 2010, I just can't give up multiple FotLK viewings to watch Nemo once and FotLK. It isn't done for me. My issue with people is when they say that FotLK is all spectacle and Nemo has more substance then WHY DID I CRY MORE WATCHING FOTLK FOR THE LAST TIME THAN WISHES?!?! EXPLAIN THAT HATERS.

giphy.gif

Goofy and Pluto in Dinoland is the greatest M&G OF ALL TIME. Don't @ me.

Lol, I should have you bring a flat version of moi to take a photo with the "You Are Most Beautiful" wall just to be that person.

OH NO, THIS IS YOUR LAST DAY?! THAT IS TOO SAD NO. NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO I'm unsubscribing. This is the end for me.

im-not-happy.gif

I'm such a negative person tho. It's a reflex. And I just don't want to be hopeful when I have to say goodbye all the way from NH because that's the life I lead.

Like can we please schedule a Google Hangout or something? I'm being serious. I miss both your beautiful faces.

Too true. I LOVE MK with all my heart but omg I DID NOT want to be there. I didn't trust TranStar or Disney transportation in general so I usually was there in the parks before my shifts, but prior to Christmas week through New Years, I began just spending my day in the Hub Grass. Even the Hall and the Neverland map weren't worth my time. But everyone was not feeling that MK life so hard at work so it was a weirdly good bonding experience.

P.S. You were not the first person to read my new update and I'm really upset about it. Go fix that.

I'M SORRY, I saw that you had updated your TR and started to read it but then got distracted by dinner I promise I'll go comment NOW

Okay, I'm back.

I'm SO upset about Dug leaving. I'm actually thinking of going to Guest Relations this trip and telling them what's what because I want someone to know that having Russell without Dug is just BLASPHEMY.

No I totally agree with you. If we're gonna get into it, Nemo has more of a hard plot to it, but I wouldn't say that it has "more substance" than FotLK. What FotLK lacks in plot it makes up in acrobatics, music, and puppetry. They're equally great for different reasons.

LET US G-HANG SOON!

Your DHS day sounds great! I look forward to hearing about Sprit of Aloha as I feel like it's not something that's talked about much!

Yay for getting to see Pandora, I'm sure you will have a blast! I love the Finding Nemo show as well!

Awww final night :( But at least it will be spent in MK!

Thank you, I totally agree! I feel like I rarely read about Spirit of Aloha on the boards, so I'll try to add a good, long review of it!

So glad to have someone who also enjoys Nemo!

So sad to be leaving but so happy to get to say goodbye to MK :sad1:

Heigh-Ho, It's Off to Work I Go!
32 Days Out

Hey ya'll! A month from today we'll be on the road and TONIGHT OUR MAGICBANDS SHIP OUT!!!

giphy.gif

Last week, I started my job which will pay for most of this trips' souvenirs and another surprise that I can't wait to tell you guys about, hopefully in the next two weeks! I have something huge planned and hopefully, I'll be able to take my first step towards making a longtime dream a reality with my next paycheck!

I have a summer job as a camp counselor for a local park and recreation department run summer camp. Last week, I was in the office doing a little bit of paperwork for the head of the camp, and this week I started actually being a counselor! It's a super structured camp and all of the campers are divided up by gender and grade. I'm a counselor for the youngest group of girls, K-1st grade. They are SO sweet and they actually listen so well! One of the best parts about this job is that you're never bored. We do a different activity every day, and sometimes there's a field trip. Today was my first field trip with the girls, another counselor and I took about 15 girls to a reptile house for kids and it was so much fun! I got to hold a snake, and if you know me, you know that I love snakes so I really enjoyed it.

I'm also working alongside my two favorite counselors with this group, which is awesome. However, it's a big group and we're probably going to be bringing on a fourth counselor next week. After all, there's 32 of them and only 3 of us! :scared1:

The pay is good, but I do wish that camp ran a little longer. It's 5 weeks long, and the last day of camp is the day we leave! Well, day before we leave, since we leave at midnight, but... you know what I mean, right? :tilt:

My daily routine has become pretty well-set pretty quickly, which is throwing me way off whack and why I haven't been posting many updates. I wake up at 6:30, go to camp at 8, come home at 1:30, have lunch, and then take a nap from 2-5. Then it's dinner time and I shower/relax until clocking out at around 10:30. Previously, my routine was this: wake up at 11, go on disboards, eat a little, go back on disboards, have dinner, go back on disboards, watch TV until resigning to bed at 2 am.

I've been crafting a lot at night, and I'll show you some of my crafts in another post! One of my crafts is something that I'm going to be bringing to the parks, so I'll definitely need to show you what I've made before I leave.

Who knows? Maybe my next update will be a magicband update!

-Kaitlyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter