looks like they have made some changes to the RAT and website

I am trying to reserve a room at my non-home resort starting on Jan 28. It tells me it is outside my booking window and I can't reserve it until June 28th???? UUUUMMMMMMM today is the 29th!!!!!!:badpc:

online booking begins at 8am EST time, so I think you are early.

EDIT to ADD: Also if this is the Kidani/Jambo issue people have had, you have to click the resort in the list of other resorts to bring it up!

I am trying to reserve a room at my non-home resort starting on Jan 28. It tells me it is outside my booking window and I can't reserve it until June 28th???? UUUUMMMMMMM today is the 29th!!!!!!:badpc:

Wow.

online booking begins at 8am EST time, so I think you are early.

EDIT to ADD: Also if this is the Kidani/Jambo issue people have had, you have to click the resort in the list of other resorts to bring it up!
Isn't that 8 am yesterday?

Sounds like I will be calling MS at 9. I still can't book for the 28th or 29th. And availability for the 29th has disappeared on the booking site, so some folks are getting in!!!!

Sounds like I will be calling MS at 9. I still can't book for the 28th or 29th. And availability for the 29th has disappeared on the booking site, so some folks are getting in!!!!

That is strange, I tried a dummy booking for a non-home resort and was able to go through not problem. Let us know what MS says!

Ok so with the ability to modify a reservation on the website disabled and the new system not letting you hold a new reservation while you cancel a current reservation on a separate browser there's really no way to switch reservations online without risking losing both the old and new reservations. Does MS have the ability yet to hold a reservation while they cancel a current reservation to free up points? From my experience they've haven't been able to in the past.

That's been going on for me since this past April. Lost the CCV room I had for Nov and a room for mid Dec too.

That is strange, I tried a dummy booking for a non-home resort and was able to go through not problem. Let us know what MS says!
I just spoke with MS. I was trying to book 8 days, and there is a 7 day limit at the 7 month mark. When I drop the request to 7 days it works fine. I need to book 7 and then add the days one at a time with MS.
The error in the old system told you the issues was number of days, not booking window. They are adding a ticket to correctly describe the issue.
MS told me the online modify is still down and they are working that issue first.

I just spoke with MS. I was trying to book 8 days, and there is a 7 day limit at the 7 month mark. When I drop the request to 7 days it works fine. I need to book 7 and then add the days one at a time with MS.
The error in the old system told you the issues was number of days, not booking window. They are adding a ticket to correctly describe the issue.
MS told me the online modify is still down and they are working that issue first.

Since your reservation was starting on the 28th it still should have allowed you to book the 8 nights once the clock hit 8am today.

So, the site no longer allows the two browser switch method or is this just a temporary glitch?

Why are we not able to modify online? I thought that was a new change?

I was able to modify one Tuesday afternoon... Greg36 modified one Wednesday morning... by Wednesday evening, it was down.

I guess it was us!!!

Well, I thought the new system was going to do a better job on waitlist vs stalking the RAT (Book Online). I had a waitlist this morning that was unfilled and available. I just booked it using the tool, and cancelled my waitlist. Yesterday I had a room reserved under one membership number, but I wanted it under a different one. I was told they could not modify the membership number the reservation was under (the rules), and "if I cancelled it under the original number it would instantly go to anyone on the waitlist, since they are now handling that better with the new system". Well not so sure. So yesterday I put in a waitlist on the desired contract. This morning - room available and waitlist request unfilled. So I booked it, cancelled waitlist, and cancelled reservation under the original contract. I got what I wanted, by the waitlist did not work? (PS the waitlist would not have automatically cancelled my original reservation under the other contract - I still would of had to do that manually)

Well, I thought the new system was going to do a better job on waitlist vs stalking the RAT (Book Online). I had a waitlist this morning that was unfilled and available. I just booked it using the tool, and cancelled my waitlist. Yesterday I had a room reserved under one membership number, but I wanted it under a different one. I was told they could not modify the membership number the reservation was under (the rules), and "if I cancelled it under the original number it would instantly go to anyone on the waitlist, since they are now handling that better with the new system". Well not so sure. So yesterday I put in a waitlist on the desired contract. This morning - room available and waitlist request unfilled. So I booked it, cancelled waitlist, and cancelled reservation under the original contract. I got what I wanted, by the waitlist did not work? (PS the waitlist would not have automatically cancelled my original reservation under the other contract - I still would of had to do that manually)

It's really hard to say on the waitlist unless you had called in to ask if it's matched. By all reports it's now back to remaining showing until finalized. And finalizing takes a CM to finish and I once waited 2 weeks for that to happen and finally just called in to have the CM finalize. I have actually had a waitlist match and had the room available on the RAT too - ie at least 2 rooms opened up around the same time.

So apparently we cannot even cancel a reservation on line now. I get a message that I have to call.

Laura

ETA: Tried again and this time it came up where I can cancel.

It’s really acting up today. Booked a February room. Borrowed points. Got the error after submitting. It said it didn’t go through, but my dashboard shows it did. My borrowed points were in my account, then they finally disappeared. Glad it worked, but was a little stressful.

Last edited:
I cant even get past the sign in screen today. Makes searching for vacation dates pretty impossible without calling a CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter