Loonie may go back to 1.28 speculation....

I just sent an email to my fx guys at working asking their thoughts on this. We have 3 US trips planned this year.... 2 X 1 week camping trips in July/August and Disney in November. Once I know their thoughts I'll put in a watch order with them to hopefully get a deal

It's at 1.32 now when it was 1.34 (or more?) last week... I still have to pay off my package in about two weeks so I'm hoping it goes down more or at least stays the same :)

Really hoping this trend continues! I did buy $1000 from at friend at 1.33 a few months ago because I was comfortable with that and it had been going back and forth and up to 1.36. We aren't going until next March but I would love to bank more US cash while it's at an exchange I'm comfortable with

It's looking like it is going to keep dropping steadily which makes me happy. If it drops down to 1.28 then that means I should be able to get it for around 1.26 or 1.25 through my job which would be a huge savings on our hotel and food budget. Might even be able to swing staying at POR for our whole trip and not just the last leg of it.

Thoughts....
  • the current surge is due to a likelihood of interest increases
  • I so miss the 20% interest rates in the late 80's. It was great encouragement to save money in bank accounts.
  • those with mortgages should be sweating... this might be the end of easy credit.
  • home prices will come down in Vancouver as interest rates increase. Just need to keep ahead of the payments.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/USDCAD=x

Thoughts....
  • the current surge is due to a likelihood of interest increases
  • I so miss the 20% interest rates in the late 80's. It was great encouragement to save money in bank accounts.
  • those with mortgages should be sweating... this might be the end of easy credit.
  • home prices will come down in Vancouver as interest rates increase. Just need to keep ahead of the payments.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/USDCAD=x

Housing in Vancouver has gotten ridiculous, so may come down but high mortgage rates won't help affordability. I'm glad my mortgage is long paid off. You can't buy a house under a million here. Crazy.
I remember those double digit interest rates of the 80's! It was great for savings, but many people lost their houses too when mortgage payments went thru the roof.

I should add.... once you pay off those mortgages.... there's the new exponential property taxes on detached homes. $4000, $7000 and more annually is becoming the norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!