"Loose articles" on Rides question

Lol.........yep........I like your posting style........you should post over here more often :D

I don't get to Universal as much as the motherland, so I don't have as much to offer I don't think. But thanks! :goodvibes

I was there this weekend and wanted to confirm that metal detectors were definitely in use on the three big coasters (Hulk, Rip Rocket, and Dueling Dragons).

Nothing in pockets allowed (no cell phones, coins, etc.). Definitely no waist packs allowed on these three (could still use on Forbidden Journey).

A few times the lines for the lockers were longer than the lines for the coasters, so I hope they'll be putting in more lockers soon. :-)

i always tuck my lanyard in my bra.
can't risk losing everything i have in it.

i have the UO trifold lanyard.
have my id, hotel card, ap, money, ep in the plastic front of it and smooshed pennies in the zipper portion.

i would cry real hard if i lost my lanyard!

We haven't been to the dark side in about 5 years. I've evolved to carrying a small crossbody bag to WDW -- a Vera Bradley mini hipster. I'm not a fan of RRR or Hulk, but I do like to ride the Mummy, Simpsons, MIB, etc. Is this an allowed bag or should I plan on the lanyard and pockets?

TIA!

Maria :upsidedow

We haven't been to the dark side in about 5 years. I've evolved to carrying a small crossbody bag to WDW -- a Vera Bradley mini hipster. I'm not a fan of RRR or Hulk, but I do like to ride the Mummy, Simpsons, MIB, etc. Is this an allowed bag or should I plan on the lanyard and pockets?

TIA!

Simpsons isn't a problem, I believe they still have you leave loose articles next to the vehicle during the attraction (no one else has access to it).

I think for MIB or Mummy though, you'll be needing to use the locker. Someone please correct me if wrong....

TIA!

i remember you homie !!!

Woot..

mummy and mib, use the lockers.
at simpsons you can leave your bag outside of the car, against the wall.
doors are locked once the ride begins and no one can enter that room.

stuff will be safe.
i have done that and so have others for that ride.
never an issue of worrying about your items being secured.

We were there Monday-yesterday and had to go through metal detectors for hulk and forbidden journey (didnt do RRR so cant comment on that). I understand that a few idiots ruined it for everyone and i understand the point of it. However the attendants at FJ were a bit overzealous. My husbands wedding ring set it off and they scanned his whole body with the wand rather than just his pockets area where he could actually have loose articles. I even asked why they were scanning his bare arms. Its not a security thing so just scan everyones pockets to avoid holding up the line more. Also they had one scanner open but two people to do a secondary search with a wand...just open up the other scanner! Another downer is that they have eliminated the reride shortcut for FJ...and its BRUTAL to have to walk from the exit area to entrance multiplentimes without sunglasses haha.

Thanks for all the great advice! Thinking about a trip in late summer -- after all the planning and scheduling needed for WDW these days (it's not hard, but you do have to think through your entire trip months in advance), it seems like a pleasure to book flights,onsite hotel and transportation then just show up and do/eat whatever takes our fancy. Plus I know we will be able to tour in the mornings and lay by the pools in the afternoon and still see everything. It's liberating! :)

Thanks for all the great advice! Thinking about a trip in late summer -- after all the planning and scheduling needed for WDW these days (it's not hard, but you do have to think through your entire trip months in advance), it seems like a pleasure to book flights,onsite hotel and transportation then just show up and do/eat whatever takes our fancy. Plus I know we will be able to tour in the mornings and lay by the pools in the afternoon and still see everything. It's liberating! :)

Yep, quite a difference isn't it........

Youll have a blast I'm sure. Non planning is one of the best things about Universal...........you can chill out as much or as little as you like.

youll see a big difference if you haven't been for 5 years........:)

Maria, book the flight, hotel and buy tickets.

that's all you need to do for advance planning for the darkside vacation.

if you don't have time to buy the tickets, get them at the hotel or park

We were there Monday-yesterday and had to go through metal detectors for hulk and forbidden journey (didnt do RRR so cant comment on that). I understand that a few idiots ruined it for everyone and i understand the point of it. However the attendants at FJ were a bit overzealous. My husbands wedding ring set it off and they scanned his whole body with the wand rather than just his pockets area where he could actually have loose articles. I even asked why they were scanning his bare arms. Its not a security thing so just scan everyones pockets to avoid holding up the line more. Also they had one scanner open but two people to do a secondary search with a wand...just open up the other scanner! Another downer is that they have eliminated the reride shortcut for FJ...and its BRUTAL to have to walk from the exit area to entrance multiplentimes without sunglasses haha.
I assume you mean Dragon Challenge, not Forbidden Journey? There are no metal detectors at FJ, at least not as of a week ago. And yes, closing the shortcut at dragon challenge stinks - it's a long walk through a crowded Hogsmeade to get back to the entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter