Lost Bibs?

Goofy2015

To Hakuna Matata and Beyond
I get paranoid about a ton of things. I am switching hotels a lot for the WDW Marathon. What happens if you lose your race bib or if someone steals your race bib. I have heard about race bibs being stolen. How would you get your race bib to run the marathon?

My honest answer is not to worry about it. If you keep good track of your bib once your pick it up and keep it in your hotel room until race morning you will not need to worry.
Bib thiefs are such a rare occurence and rundisney generally will eventually help someone out with a replacement.
But don't lose your bib once you have it!!! And you will be fine :)

Yea I always worry about the challenge bibs because you have to have the same one for the two races. With the Dopey Challenge, 4 races. I would think that people lose their challenge bibs maybe not all the time, but it has to happen from time to time because of the sheer amount of people that do the challenges.

Yea I always worry about the challenge bibs because you have to have the same one for the two races. With the Dopey Challenge, 4 races. I would think that people lose their challenge bibs maybe not all the time, but it has to happen from time to time because of the sheer amount of people that do the challenges.

If a bib is lost or stolen, a trip to Runner Relations at the Expo can probably straighten things out. There's also a Runner Relations tent at the start of each race, if something happens the night before, but I don't know if they have the capability to generate new bibs there. The only stolen bib cases I've heard of are from people fraudulently picking up the bib from the Expo and, in that case, you're right there to have a new one generated. It just won't be personalized. It's not something I would worry about at all.

I just take it off the shirt I just ran in and immediately pin it to the next day's shirt.

I just take it off the shirt I just ran in and immediately pin it to the next day's shirt.

Absolutely. Just do it immediately.

I rely on lists during complicated trips. One trip last year I had everything written down then created a code for each pack up. At home it was half a check mark. First move the second part of the check. Third, I crossed the check mark. Etc. That way you know what you’ve done and what’s been packed.

Runner relations at expo or race will help.

I use a race belt, so no pinning. Just hang it over a chair or something when I get back to the room until the next race.

I've seen runners get on the bus with their bib in their hand, which just seems like asking for trouble. Why WOULDN'T you pin it on your shirt?

I've seen runners get on the bus with their bib in their hand, which just seems like asking for trouble. Why WOULDN'T you pin it on your shirt?

When using a race belt with a bib holder I never put on the belt/bib beforehand. At RunDisney races I usually kept the belt folded up in a pocket to avoid the bag inspection line at security.

I have done the dopey a few times and both times I got 2 bibs, 1 for the 5k and 10k and 1 for the half and full. Not sure if that alleviates any worry bc I get it, I have had the same worry about losing my bib when being on vacation with multiple people in a hotel room and trying to find it in the dark at 3am but I wouldnt stress :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!