Lots of Dining Reviews 8/26-9/2!!

Eventer98

DIS Veteran
Hey there...I know how handy these reviews were when I was planning my trip so I thought I would pass mine on. I must say I was not disappointed with any food and was very pleased with the ADR system. We arived early to most of the reservations and were seated right away.

Day One-
We went to Whispering Canyon Cafe our first night and were seated 20 min before our ADR. A very loud restaurant but I knew it would be. Lots of sing alongs, pony races, etc. The waitress was nice and the food was pretty good. Had salad, cornbread (best in Disney I think!) chicken, ribs, pulled pork, potatoes, baked beans (we didn't care for these), corn on the cob and slaw. I didn't get the dessert so I can't review that. Everything was good. They brought DFiancee a huge mason jar of coke when he asked for a refill. We were happy with the food but we don't think we will dine there again just b/c it was so loud. Smaller restaurant then I thought it would be too. I think it would be a great place for kids though for sure! It was also our first day there and after having some mishaps with our hotel situation I think we were pretty tired going in.

Day Two-
We went to MGM and had lunch at Toy Story Pizza Planet. We didn't expect much but thought the pizza was awesome! I think it was like $8.20 for a personal size veggie pizza and a salad. Drinks were extra. Very good though..we will definetly go back.
For dinner we went to House of Blues. Had a 5pm ADR but didn't need it..the place was dead. The waiter was great (found that ALL our wait staff were friendly) and we both got burgers. Very good if not a tad greasy. DF has a stain on his shorts to prove it! I think with mushrooms added to my burger it was like $12. We will probably skip this one next time as well..I think we just went too early to get the full effect of the atmosphere.

Day Three-
Animal Kingdom day. We ate at Rainforest Cafe. We weren't expecting much based on things I have read but again, found the food great! We both had burgers again and liked them even more then the ones at HOB. About the same price. It is another loud place but it didn't bother us at all unlike WCC. Definetly a fun place. Maybe a little slow on food delivery but we were also starving so it may have seemed like longer. We will go back here for sure.
Dinner was Hoop Dee Doo Revue. My friend's brother-in-law managed HDDR for a few years and was able to hook us up with front row center seats. The show was corny but funny. The food mimiked WCC but the baked beans were a lot better. A fun show and we'll probably start this as a tradition. We went to the 9:30 show and I think it was only 1/2 full.
Day Four-
Today was Sea World day. What a disappointment. Not with the park so much..it was beautiful. The food selection just plain old stunk. DF and I don't eat unhealthy but we also don't like to eat wraps or stuff like that..esp. on vacation! When lunch time rolled around we were starving and couldn't find a burger in the whole place. There was one place selling hot dogs but the seats were all in the sun. I ended up getting a jello cup and DF went without. We also had reservations for Dinner with Shamu. Well Shamu decided to go into labor that day so not only was the Believe show cancelled but "she" wouldn't be at the dinner. I thought they would hassle us about getting a refund but the guy was super nice. We had also got caught in an Ernesto downpour and were soaked. I guess we just wanted to go "home" to Disney. Even though Seaworld itself is a beautiful park it wasn't Disney. Some of the chairs were lopsided and the tables too. Just not "home." So I called Disney Dining from Seaworld and got a table at Ohana's for 9:45. I figured that would be perfect for the fireworks. All I can say about Ohana's is that it was incredible!!! Our favorite place by far. The waiters were very friendly (they work in pairs) and the food was delicious. They started us out with sesame chicken wings and salad. Then brought peel-n-eat shrimp, stir fry veggies and scalloped potatoes. For the main course you could choose steak, turkey, pork or sausage from the skewers. Oh, and the tortilla chips were great too..I ate most of them. You could tell they were homemade. For dessert there was bread pudding with Breyers vanilla icecream (my fav!) It was to die for! We also requested a window seat and had a great view of the fireworks with piped in music. Perfect!

Day Five-
Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We went a little later (11am) to try and avoid a ton of kids and it paid off. We loved the breakfast food selection and the Mickey waffles were great! Chip and Dale visited our table and the characters really do hit every one...I noticed this thruout the week. We are probably going to try this one for dinner next time.
Lunch was at Casey's in MK. Not bad...I think for fries, hot dog and drink it was like $10 or so. The hot dogs were huge though and they had tables inside.
Cape may Buffet for dinner.....I was in heaven! I love steamed clams and it was all you could eat. I had some of the other stuff too but ate mostly the clams. The only thing I noticed was that when I got to my table with the plate of clams a lot were empty. Oh well...I didn't mind getting more. DF thought he had read that they had Prime Rib at this buffet too but it was only reg. steak. Still good though..definetly going back again. Our second fav. place!

Day Six-
At the last moment we got ADR's for Crystal Palace for breakfast. I was surprised they had them but we were in! Very good as well..they didn't have the belgian Mickey waffles. Just reg. ones with Pooh on them. DF had the puffed french toast which was like fried dough he said..he thought they were delicious. I didn't try them. No fried tator items like at CM's but the food was still good. We'll probably go here again too. Didn't stick around long enough to meet all the characters b/c we were eager to get into the park.
For dinner we had ADR's at Liberty Tree Tavern. This is one we had to wait about 10 minutes for..not a big deal though. Another great waiter and the characters all stopped by. Great food too...ham, turkey, beef, mashed potatoes, beans, rolls, salad. Apple cobbler for dessert. Will eat here again too.

Day Seven-
We had ADR's for Boma this AM but slept thru the alarm! Lunch was ESPN...very good!! (They don't take ADR's but had no wait) Not our fav. burger place but DF loved all the TV's. There was one in my bathroom stall!! It was raining too so we didn't mind hanging out there a bit. About the same price as the other two burgers we had. We had left dinner to play by ear. I called to try and get dinner ADR's for CM or 1900 with no luck. We decided to do a walk in to Ohana's..we were so happy with it on Tuesday we wanted to go back. We had to wait 90 min for a table but we didn't care. Definetly glad we spent our last night there. Shooting for 1900 and CM's for dinner next time. Also goes to show that you really need those ADR's if you want to have a nice dinner without a wait...I won't play anything by ear again.

So if you have any questions feel free to get in touch. :sunny:

We plan on a day at SeaWorld also but we do not have a car. How did you get there? I am figuring that the taxis will be quite expensive. How crowded was it? The day I had planned to go, Sat Oct 7 turns out to be a Halloween party there. Drat! I hope it is not too crowded. I have all my ADR's already and it will be hard to switch to another day. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Hey there :) It wasn't that crowded at all for us...they don't have fast passes for their two main rides but we only waited about 10 minutes tops. I think a lot of people left when the Shamu show was cancelled. We actually rented a car for one day..it was only $30 with a 20% off coupon I had from Enterprise. They picked us up at our resort and brought us back. (They are out of a Marriot about 3 miles from Disney and 5 miles from Seaworld) The parking was $10 though I think. I would still go..the animal shows are worth it. I changed a few ADRs last minute and had no problems if you wanted to try that. It's a beautiful park..just not my food tastes :)

Thanks so much for the SeaWorld info. We find it a relaxing break from WDW. We travel a long ways to WDW, a 7hr drive to Seattle and then a long flight so we like to see as much as possible. :love: :love: :love:

Eventer98 said:
Cape may Buffet for dinner.....I was in heaven! I love steamed clams and it was all you could eat....... The only thing I noticed was that when I got to my table with the plate of clams a lot were empty. Oh well...I didn't mind getting more.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone but they fall out of the shell to the bottom. Next time if you dig deep you will get the opposite, all clams no shell. ;)

DaveT1 said:
Shhhh, don't tell anyone but they fall out of the shell to the bottom. Next time if you dig deep you will get the opposite, all clams no shell. ;)

Yep! I got to wise to that after the second trip back!! I don't think anyone else figured this out though..I was the only one digging around! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the excellent reviews. We went to Seaworld two years ago and had the same experience as you did with finding food. They could definitely use 4 or 5 more dining options. This past April during the worst week of the year (Spring Break) we walked up to Crystal Palace for Breakfast and to our surprise they put our name on the list and seated us in about 10 minutes. Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter