lottery ?

MICKEY'S DREAMERS

WDW or Hawaii? This is the question!
I heard that seating for the shoes are awarded through a lottery.
Does anybody have more detailed info on the process? How / when you get tickets? How when you know if you "won" ? Thanks

Not sure about shoes but for shows you need to enter a lottery.
My guess is that you do not have the app.
YT Thisnatasha has a vblog on it
Reviewing the entire video may be helpful.
There may be some other YT video with this topic, but I can only remember this one now.

Show lottery is done near Gondolier Snacks at Disneysea and near the Star Tours fastpass distribution area behind Space Mountain at Disneyland. You can do the show lottery any time between when the park opens and 45 minutes before the show starts. You can set the machines to English, touch the show you want and then scan all the tickets for everyone in your party before tapping "start". If you win, the machine will print out a ticket with your seat or number in line. If you didn't win, no ticket will be printed. The screen will also display your result.

If you do download the app, you can also enter the lottery via the app.

Some locals seemed to “shake“ their phone when doing the lottery, but I have no idea whether that actually increases the likelihood of winning.

Although the first show of the day doesn’t require a ticket, the “standby” line can fill up quickly. We went to the new show in DisneySea to line up ... maybe 45 minutes before the show was due to start and it was already “booked out” / full.

Although the first show of the day doesn’t require a ticket, the “standby” line can fill up quickly. We went to the new show in DisneySea to line up ... maybe 45 minutes before the show was due to start and it was already “booked out” / full.

The "first show of the day" standby that foreigners talk about is not really accurate. Song of Mirage and Let's Party Gras also do lotteries for the first show. Parades may have lotteries for all shows. Some night shows will have standby only for the last show but a lottery for the first show. You should refer to the app to see which shows have lotteries and if/when their standby is full.

The "first show of the day" standby that foreigners talk about is not really accurate. Song of Mirage and Let's Party Gras also do lotteries for the first show. Parades may have lotteries for all shows. Some night shows will have standby only for the last show but a lottery for the first show. You should refer to the app to see which shows have lotteries and if/when their standby is full.
Aren’t you also a foreigner

Aren’t you also a foreigner

I meant that English communities and blogs often imply that all shows with lotteries are entirely standby for the first show but Japanese communities don't. I wasn't trying to say that I wasn't a foreigner and I may have accidentally come off as condescending. :eeyore:

TKS for the answers. Can you enter multiple times ?
i.e. if a show is at 1PM, 3PM and 5PM can you participate three times?

For the "One Man's dream 2" show (not showing any more now) we were 60 minutes before the 1st show and the CM told me that the current queue is for the 4pm show.
So YMMV for being at 45-60 minutes before the show.

For the "One Man's dream 2" show (not showing any more now) we were 60 minutes before the 1st show and the CM told me that the current queue is for the 4pm show.
So YMMV for being at 45-60 minutes before the show.

You probably went on one of the last days that One Man's Dream 2 was playing so it was exceptionally popular (closed Dec 13). 60 minutes is usually fine for Big Band Beat and the non-seasonal versions of Hello New York although the earlier you arrive, the better your seating.

I was there 1st week of Dec. I was not going to waste my trip sitting around for 6 hours. Luckily for me I won the lottery to the show on the 2nd day (via the app)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!