Lotus Blossom Cafe Review

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
This was our first day at Epcot, and our first day on the DDP. So, we really didn’t know what we were doing yet...

We had fast-passes to Test Track, so we didn’t have time to walk to any of the CS places that I had planned for us to try. Lotus Blossom Café was close, so we decided to split 2 CS meals between the 4 of us, and then eat 2 more CS meals after Test Track.

When we arrived at Lotus Blossom Cafe we were sad to see that the seating area was not air conditioned, but at least the seats were covered and had fans above them. It was cooler than being out in the June sun.

We had the Shanghai Grilled Chicken with steamed rice and a pinch of pickled vegetables. DH and I shared this. We were surprised at how much we liked it. I really wish I had gotten two. The chicken was slightly well done, but that is how I cook it at home, so we were happy.

The boys shared the Vegetable Lo Mein. It was greasy (like most Lo Mein), and had a good number of vegetables (onions and mushrooms). The boys really enjoyed it, and so did we - DH and I finished what they left behind.

We had one Red Bean and one Carmel Ginger Ice Cream for dessert. We all liked the red bean flavor much more than the ginger. Sweet ginger just doesn’t appeal to us. The red bean was very good.

We did enjoy the food here and would try it again. We just wouldn’t share next time. It wasn’t much fun eating out of the same bowl. Even with sharing only two meals, we were all full (enough) and didn’t waste anymore ride time eating until dinner.

Our rating? I guess this one gets 2 thumbs up (a half way up for each of us).

Thanks for the review. I like hearing about unscheduled CS that are positive. :cheer2: Can we expect more reviews from your trip?

pperfectmom said:
Thanks for the review. I like hearing about unscheduled CS that are positive. :cheer2: Can we expect more reviews from your trip?
Unfortunately we spent most of our trip sick in our room and not eating. :sad2: But, I still have Chef Mickey, WCC, Pepper Market and Pizza Planet to review.

Oh no! :sad2: That's one of my worst fears-the trip of a lifetime, and so on, and then somebody gets sick. I'm sorry that happened to you. I do hope you enjoyed yourself the rest of the time. Looking forward to the reviews of Chef Mickey's.

pperfectmom said:
Oh no! :sad2: That's one of my worst fears-the trip of a lifetime, and so on, and then somebody gets sick. I'm sorry that happened to you. I do hope you enjoyed yourself the rest of the time. Looking forward to the reviews of Chef Mickey's.
Thanks for the sympathy. We were sicker than we have ever been. The worst was having to check out of our room when we could barely sit-up then having to wait for an 8 pm flight home! BUT before we got sick we had the time of our lives!!! We will definitely be back - but armed with buckets full of hand sanitizer, lysol, etc.!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter