Loungefly release dates?

BostonEd

I'd rather be skiing.
Howdy. Is there any sort of semi-predictable schedule when new Loungefly bags are released?

To be clear: I am not a fan of the bags. But my daughter really likes the mini-backpacks. And, for reasons we do not need to go into here, I promised her one. Currently there are none she is interested in, so I'm hoping there's a way to predict when new ones come out, without checking the website every day.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Have you looked on Ebay? People sell new ones there. They also release exclusive ones on Amazon that are themed to Disney properties.

I did see hot topic. Not box lunch, but I did find another site.

I did look on eBay but they were ridiculously overpriced. Again, I’m looking for release dates, not where to buy them. Thanks.

We suggested other stores as no one place has all the stock, so perhaps there might have been ones you had not seen.

As far as new releases... new ones are constantly being made, there is no set schedule or prediction. but it is almost every week or couple of weeks. If you are on Facebook, you can follow the Loungefly page and they will announce new releases as they come out in the various stores including exclusives. Or on the Loungefly website, there is an option to follow them on Instagram etc. which will alert you to new drops.

Howdy. Is there any sort of semi-predictable schedule when new Loungefly bags are released?

To be clear: I am not a fan. But my daughter really likes the mini-backpacks. And, for reasons we do not need to go into here, I promised her one. Currently there are none she is interested in, so I'm hoping there's a way to predict when new ones come out, without checking the website every day.

Thanks.
Hello @BostonEd !

There are a couple different ways to be alerted to upcoming releases (aka 'pre-order'). Some of the stores listed above will have announcements on their website (or via email if you sign up). Loungefly.com is a good start. Also, there are "experts" you can follow who will 1. alert you via email of upcoming releases from any store (plus they have codes that may get you a discount) and 2. will give you some background info on what to buy, who to buy from, how the quality of Loungefly backpacks are different depending on where you buy. Paying attention to pre-orders is good in that the info also tells you when the expected "release date" is and you can make note of it. That said, there are sometimes delays in the release date (e.g., manufacturing takes longer) so please know that these are always tentative.

My personal favorite "expert" (and I hope this is okay to share here) is Alanna from Periodic Magic (https://direct.me/periodicmagic). She does not have a website, but is active on other socials, and her emails contain alot of great information plus alerts to upcoming sales.

Some thoughts based on my personal experience:
1. Typically releases happen at midnight on a certain date. The only reason to be ready to purchase right at midnight is if your daughter absolutely wants a backpack that is limited release/exclusive to the store and expected to run out. Otherwise anytime on that date and after you can preorder them.
2. There are multiple releases every year. If you are looking for a holiday backpack, new releases happen months ahead (not that you can't find a Halloween backpack in September, just that you'll have the biggest selection in July).
3. Don't necessarily dismiss resellers. There are multiple on Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, seller groups on Facebook. Pay less attention to what they ask and more attention to what bags have actually sold for (all sellers ask too much initially). All that said, buyer beware. There are scammers everywhere.

Hope this helps!

If you are on Facebook, you can follow the Loungefly page and they will announce new releases as they come out in the various stores including exclusives. Or on the Loungefly website, there is an option to follow them on Instagram etc. which will alert you to new drops.
My personal favorite "expert" (and I hope this is okay to share here) is Alanna from Periodic Magic (https://direct.me/periodicmagic). She does not have a website, but is active on other socials, and her emails contain alot of great information plus alerts to upcoming sales.
Thank you! I'm doing all of the above!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter