Love VWL, now what...?

kristytru

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
Our first vacation at our "home" (VWL) was fantastic!! We would like to try other DVCk resorts also, so for all you VWL lovers out there...what's your 2ND favorite and why?:upsidedow

Our first vacation at our "home" (VWL) was fantastic!! We would like to try other DVCk resorts also, so for all you VWL lovers out there...what's your 2ND favorite and why?:upsidedow

My two favorites are VWL and SSR because they both are relaxing...I believe when completed AKV will be similar not sure what it will be like now.

I like the feeling of being away from the parks so I am not a big fan of BCV and BWV plus we love counter service and dedicated buses. When we stay at BWV we stopped at Swan and Dolphin and the ride to MK and AKV was ridiculous.

So for me I would look at OKW, SSR and AKV

This might sound weird, but our first trip "straying" from VWL was at BWV. We had a great time, and bought our second contract there.

Why is BWV our other favorite than VWL? Probably because it is almost a polar opposite to VWL. It is in the "thick of things" with the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk, easy access to a couple parks, lots of dining choices (though sadly no counterpart to Roaring Fork :sad2: ).

So we alternate our stays for the most part. Part of the lure is that our WDW vacations seem a lot more varied now. Not that we'd ever get bored with our first home of VWL, but we do enjoy the change of pace at BWV and the truly different feel to our vacations there.

We've also tried OKW which is a wonderful resort but is also laid back like VWL, so we prefer more of a change of pace when going to somewhere besides VWL.

On other attraction to BWV is the SV point schedule which we enjoy quite a bit to stretch our points even further! :thumbsup2

Even though we haven't seen the finished product, AKV is our second favorite.
Why? Because AKL will have similar intricate & intense theming. They also both have the "lodge" aspect to them. I love the themes at both WL/VWL and AKL/AKV, and Disney carries out those themes to a tee. :thumbsup2

MG

Our other favorite resort is also SSR. I love the feeling of the resort. It seems so far removed from the hustle & bustle of the parks, just as VWL does. We also live in the country so the spread out or secluded feeling is what works best for us. IMHO the pool at SSR is the best on property. I love the play areas, DD loves the slide, and the zero entry is great for smaller children. DTD is just a short walk away with so many great food & shopping possibilities! Artist Point actually has great food choices & the kids love to draw on the easels that are placed on the tables (& it keeps them occupied!).

We have stayed at the BCV's once and were planning to again this summer but I just couldn't get myself to book it. While SAB is a great pool, it is so spread out that it is difficult to actually relax and enjoy yourself when you have children in the pool.

First love will always be Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, but after staying @ Boardwalk Villas I too purchashed a second contract there. I did this for our October Food and Wine trips, I didn't want to risk the 7 month window reservation worry.

My two favorites are VWL and SSR because they both are relaxing...I believe when completed AKV will be similar not sure what it will be like now.

I like the feeling of being away from the parks so I am not a big fan of BCV and BWV plus we love counter service and dedicated buses. When we stay at BWV we stopped at Swan and Dolphin and the ride to MK and AKV was ridiculous.

So for me I would look at OKW, SSR and AKV

DH actually liked VWL, :scared1: though missed the dedicated buses at SSR, especially when our MGM bus driver got confused and pulled into a spot that wasn't the FW bus stop and about got us stuck(we were heading for Fantasmic Dinner). That's why we are staying "home" at Thanksgiving.

We're going to try to get BCV or BWV one of these trips, I really want to check out that long hall that scares you.:rotfl:

VWL is our runaway favorite -- the theming, peaceful surroundings, and nearness to MK put it in a class by itself. Our second favorite is BWV for a couple of reasons. EPCOT is our second favorite park behind MK, so we love being able to walk into World Showcase. This also makes it easy to get home from Illuminations. And we like Luna Park. I am scared of clowns :scared1:, but we love the clown slide (you don't have to look at the face while you are sliding ;)). BWV is also a nice change of pace to add a little variety to the resort experience -- and variety is the spice of life!

Edited to add that I have never been to BCV, OKW, SSR, HH, or VB (any others that I missed?). So I guess I just picked BWV as a second choice and turned out to be very happy with that decision.

Interesting question. Hmmmm. Well, we have yet to stay at SSR, so that is eliminated for now. I guess BCV would be our second favorite, but like MG, AKV may become our second.

Oops, almost forgot to say why. Well, BCV is a lovely resort and we enjoyed it's proximity to Epcot and MGM. We are huge Off Kilter fans, and staying at BCV makes it very easy to hop over and catch a concert. I am not a fan of SAB. My only memory it was years ago, during a very hot spell in May, being sun-sick in that pool.:sad2:

I think OKW is my husband's second favorite. He enjoys the quiet peacefulness of that resort.

Our second favorite is AKL - we are doing the great debate whether to add on again;). We love the feel of VWL and AKL - Saratoga Spring is nice but to really relax give me VWL and AKL.

Our 2nd fav is OKW. It inspired us to buy more points.

Even though we haven't seen the finished product, AKV is our second favorite.
Why? Because AKL will have similar intricate & intense theming. They also both have the "lodge" aspect to them. I love the themes at both WL/VWL and AKL/AKV, and Disney carries out those themes to a tee. :thumbsup2
MG...I agree that AKV will be an alluring DVC resort and we'll definitely have to check it out. DW doesn't think she'll like the African theming as much as the WL theming...and as usual with strongly themed resorts it's hard to like them if you don't like the theme.

CRV on the other hand would appeal solely on location/monorail. That's a compelling reason but probably wouldn't cause us to purchase points there.

DH actually liked VWL, :scared1: though missed the dedicated buses at SSR, especially when our MGM bus driver got confused and pulled into a spot that wasn't the FW bus stop and about got us stuck(we were heading for Fantasmic Dinner). That's why we are staying "home" at Thanksgiving.

We're going to try to get BCV or BWV one of these trips, I really want to check out that long hall that scares you.:rotfl:

For full effect get the studio above the DVC models. You can be seranaded by drunks as you wimper in pain from the walk...bring oxygen.

:banana:

For full effect get the studio above the DVC models. You can be seranaded by drunks as you wimper in pain from the walk...bring oxygen.

:banana:

We were in the back wing at VWL about 1/2 down the hall and the first thing that popped into my mind was "I wonder if this is as long as the BWV halls?". :rotfl2:

Well I missed out on the Dumpster view, maybe I'd luck out with the drunks too.;)

First love of course is VWL but we also love OKW. We're staying for the first time at BWV soon and we're excited to try that. We've seen SSR and BC rooms but didn't really take to them. I would love to try AK, I think it will have a similar feel to VWL. But we love DVC because of the variety, and we've never been disappointed yet.

VWL was actually the last DVC resort that we tried and ironically it is the one that we fell in love with, what's the old saying "we saved the best for last". :banana: Anyway, our next favorite would be our home resort the Beach club villas.
1) love the location, the walk back from epcot on a warm summer night is one of the most romantic things to do at Disney. Also love the fact that there are so many dining options across the pond at the Broadwalk.
2) Decor. I love the beach theme, pastel colors and Beaches and cream.
3) Art the greeter. Along with Ranger stan, he is an institution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter