Luana Lounge - Temporarily Closed

CrackersAndCheese

Earning My Ears
We were at Aulani last week and attempted to book the Luana Lounge before we left for the airport on our check-out day after using the pool.

We were told it was closed due to a problem with the water, but they gave us a hospitality room to use for 45 minutes in the Waianae tower (fourth floor, parking garage view). We had 6 people to shower and change, so it was kind of a mad dash to get everyone ready in that small space. The lounge has more than one shower, as well as the swimsuit "spinner" to get water out of your swimming suits. Those were missed in the hotel room we were given! Would have been nice to really get all of the pool water out of our swimming suits before packing them up for the flights home!

Just a head's up. We wished we'd known about this, because we spent a lot of time in the front desk line getting and returning the key for the hospitality room.

Did they happen to say when it would reopen? We will be there next week and were planning to use this on our checkout day...

FWIW, the lounge often gets very crowded with waits for the showers. Especially later in the afternoon, with so many people catching late night and redeye flights to the mainland. It may not have been any faster if the lounge were open.

If anyone else encounters this, perhaps request to use the locker room at the spa. Or at a minimum, request to use the bathing suit dryer in the spa. There was one in each locker room when we were there.

Just a heads up that the swimsuit spinner was not in the women's side of the Luana Lounge in October of last year. It was the October before (2017).

I don't know if it was just a temporary thing when we were there or what.

Just a heads up that the swimsuit spinner was not in the women's side of the Luana Lounge in October of last year. It was the October before (2017).

I don't know if it was just a temporary thing when we were there or what.

Weird it was in the women's area in September.

The swimsuit spinner was a joke as DH's easy dry suit was just as wet as before he used it. I don't think they last or often work poorly.But sharing one shower versus 2 for women and 2 for men would time consuming.

I was there in January 2019 and the swimsuit spinner was gone in the women's bathroom in Luana lounge.

The baskets of the swimsuit spinners can get knicked by metal pieces from swimsuits. Then these knicks snag the knit of swimsuits causing snags, so when there are knicks in the basket they need to be removed to be repaired.

What works just as well, put your bath towel down on a flat surface. Lay out bathing suit flat. Now roll up the towel tightly, into a noodle. Then wring the noodle. Your bathing suit will come out pretty dry.

Plus if all else fails, a large ziplock gallon bag to put your damp swimsuit in works fine for a couple of hours.

FYI, this was still closed when we checked out on Monday. Similar to others, though, they took care of us and gave us a "hospitality room" for 45 minutes late afternoon to use before we left the resort.

FYI..it was still closed when we arrived on 4/18. We were offered a hospitality room #246 to use for 45 minutes. I'm not sure how it works exactly with the hospitality rooms as the girl checking us in offered to look if one was available whereas the person helping the guest next to us didn't even offer it as an option to them .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter