Luau or Fireworks Desert Party?v

Eneal

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I know this isn't a review but I am new to this whole message board thing, so I hope I'm doing it right! We are going in September for our second family trip to DW. I'm so excited! We'll be there for our anniversary so I wanted to do something different for dinner. I was contemplating the luau at the Polynesian but then read some reviews saying it wasn't that great?? So then I went in a whole different direction and was going to do the fireworks dessert party at MK. Any reviews on either?? Which do y'all think would be more fun?? It'll be me and my husband and our two kids, 4&7. Thanks in advance!!!

I think your family would have a better experience at the dessert party. The luau food is so-so and the storyline, while cute, might seem far too long for a 4yo - and even a 7yo depending on attention span and how much they like it. There is a small interactive part for kids but, overall, I think the dessert party is better for a family. Save some money and book the Garden Viewing package. The view is actually better than what you get with a table, you have access to the same desserts, and you will actually be able to see the projection show - you can't really see it well from the tables. A CM will take you down to a reserved section of the gardens when you're done with dessert.

I don't know, I kinda like the Luau and it is 2 to 3 hours of entertainment with dinner versus what 18 minutes? That said, we're doing both next month as well as the new Frozen Dessert Party at Epcot. Here's some reviews by Josh so you can have a closer look:

Spirit of Aloha

HEA Dessert Party

I didn't love the Spirit of Aloha, but I think dessert parties are insanely overpriced. So I say neither.

I'd pick a signature meal and do it early (4:00ish) with the kids. California Grill, Artist Point, the Yachtsman, Narcoosee. Any of those are very special and worth the amount of money you spend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!