Luck with BCV room requests - based on day of checkin?

aprilzw

Proud mom, wife, and Disney fanatic!
Checking in Wednesday at BCV :cool1: in dedicated 2 BR. THis is only the 2nd time we've stayed at our home resort since it opened. The first time we had an AWESOME Epcot view which, of course, no longer exists. But that's ok, because this time, with DD-7 mos, we'd rather be close to the elevators and/or on the ground level to pop over to SAB easily. My question is: has anyone had good luck requesting specific room numbers? Do you find your luck changes based on the day of checkin? I've always had pretty good luck with room requests b/c we almost always go off-peak, but just thought I would probe the incredible collective experience here! For anyone who has stayed on the ground level, what are your impressions? THANKS!

When I called to confirm a reservation earlier this week, I asked for a certain view. In return, I was asked "what time are you checking in?". They have changed the way that rooms are reserved. They are no longer reserved as stated in your request at reservation time. They are based on what is available at time of check in. So, I don't know if there is a good "time" to check in. The only thing you assured of getting is the type of room you booked. The rest is the luck of the draw. Even if you ar ethere an 8am, what is ready is ready. Same at 4pm, 8pm, etc.

This was a cost cutting, savings decision.
Well, my dues did not go down. So, as I will do next time I am there, be very persisant and raise a ruckus in the lobby if you need to.

I will make the CM or manager on duty initial the check in document that if I am not pleased with the room based on my requests from 7-11 months earlier, I will not have to pay a $25 relocation fee. They made the cost cutting decision, not me.

I stated this in a prior thread about room requests. I have been disappointed the past few times we stayed at BCV because I didn't get the requests I had asked for 11 months earlier. On our last trip in September, DH stated there was no reason to be disappointed at WDW and that since we were on vacation I should just enjoy myself. After pouting for a few minutes I had to agree with him so now my only request will be non-smoking please! I really don't understand why this (non-smoking) needs to be an option when regular WDW resorts have this as a standard request! Annmarie

My question is: has anyone had good luck requesting specific room numbers?
I wouldn't request a specific room # but rather a location that would fit the request such as "near an elevator" or "near a pool/bus stop", etc. If someone is already in the specific room # you request, they will not be able to grant the request and will just put you wherever. Whereas if you request "near an elevator" for example they will have more rooms to choose from to try and grant your request.

Best of luck!

BCV is not BWV - they have elevators and steps all over the place.

so it is easier to get a room near something.

this is an add on - so the views aren't that great in the first place.

there is woods between you and Epcot. there is a road that goes around this place and a service road in the back.

I still love it!!!

with honeymooners I would ask for a view in the woods or the pond view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter