Luggage check at DI&S?

winklet

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
For those who have stayed at DI&S, can you explain the luggage check system? I read that they have lockers but we will need to leave some BIG bags with them before we check in, I can't picture a locker big enough to hold them... (we continue on to a long international trip after visiting DL).
Would DI&S keep a lot of big luggage for us? Probably about 6 pieces altogether.
We have a suite reserved for 10 people but will be arriving there in the morning, well before check in time. Any advice on this?
Thanks!

"Hello, we do have coin operated lockers that you can use for carry-ons and what not, any bigger pieces can be kept in a storage room at no additional fee."

This was the management's response when they were asked the same question on TripAdvisor.

Hi all,
For those who have stayed at DI&S, can you explain the luggage check system? I read that they have lockers but we will need to leave some BIG bags with them before we check in, I can't picture a locker big enough to hold them... (we continue on to a long international trip after visiting DL).
Would DI&S keep a lot of big luggage for us? Probably about 6 pieces altogether.
We have a suite reserved for 10 people but will be arriving there in the morning, well before check in time. Any advice on this?
Thanks!
We were just there. The locker was big enough for my daughter’s carry on sized suitcase but my big suitcase had to be locked in the storage room. There was lots of room in there and mine was the only suitcase that day. We waited a long time for someone to come unlock the room for me to get my suitcase out though so give yourself extra time for that. I had to go back to the front desk and get them to resend someone after 15 or 20 minutes of waiting.

Last time we brought a large bag, they had us store all our smaller bags (wheeled carry on and two backpacks) in the coin lockers, and locked our large back in the storage room and gave us a claim ticket.

The people have always been very fast in unlocking the locker room for us so if it is taking longer than 5 min or so I would absolutely check back with the front desk.

Hi all,
Thanks!
Not luggage related but just a heads up if you like a dark room when you sleep. They have wooden shutters over the windows, no blackout curtains and fluorescent lights outside each room so it looked like daylight outside all night long. I need a dark room so it was an issue for me and I’d left my sleep mask at home. I stuffed the ‘decorative’ bed spread into the shutters to block the light and I noticed as I passed other windows that I wasn’t the only one!

Just make sure you give yourself lots of time to retrieve your bags we had issues getting ours out and almost missed the bus...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter