Luggage recommendations for China and/or Africa..?

Sounds like S. Africa isn't as stringent as Kenya/Tanzania/Zimbabwe... another plus to go there I suppose!

Yes, I heard about the laundry (whew!). My TA also mentioned that laundry or no, I will have to wash my own undergarments as the camps are almost entirely staffed by males and custom dictates that is something they just won't do. A lot of lightweight/fast drying undies are in my future! I also may just bring one swimsuit bottom and wear sports bras if we choose to swim at all. Hopefully that won't be too weird... they cover more than my bikini top anyway. :scratchin

I had read the same thing, but in the 3 camps that we stayed in, our undergarments were washed (thank goodness as I am not fond of doing laundry myself on holiday). So it may just depend on each individual camp. The laundry folks we had were ladies - maybe that made a difference.

Where are you headed? Is your trip this summer? We are headed to South Africa (KwaZulu Natal {Phinda for cheetahs} and Sabi Sands {for their abundant leopard population) and Botswana (2 &Beyond camps -- one on the Okavango Delta and the other somewhere else lol) at the beginning of June and I cannot wait! I have difficulty putting our experience last year into worlds. Next Africa trip will be Tanzania for the great migration. Likely June, 2020.

I had read the same thing, but in the 3 camps that we stayed in, our undergarments were washed (thank goodness as I am not fond of doing laundry myself on holiday). So it may just depend on each individual camp. The laundry folks we had were ladies - maybe that made a difference.

Where are you headed? Is your trip this summer? We are headed to South Africa (KwaZulu Natal {Phinda for cheetahs} and Sabi Sands {for their abundant leopard population) and Botswana (2 &Beyond camps -- one on the Okavango Delta and the other somewhere else lol) at the beginning of June and I cannot wait! I have difficulty putting our experience last year into worlds. Next Africa trip will be Tanzania for the great migration. Likely June, 2020.

I bet it did... she specifically said the guys wouldn't do it. Maybe I will get lucky and there will be some female staff when we are there too!

It will be next summer - since we wanted to go during the migration (we are departing mid-August to attempt to hit it during the river crossings) and I want to book flights using points we needed to plan it far out. We'll be flying into Nairobi and then hitting up Amboseli, Ol Pejeta, Samburu, Masai Mara, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire and Victoria Falls (plus doing a day trip to Chobe while we are there). We're staying mostly in camps also (Satao Elerai, Larsen's, Ol Seki Hemingways, Ubuntu, etc) but I also chose to stay at the Mt Kenya Safari Club instead of a camp. It struck me the same way the Victoria Falls Hotel did... hopefully I don't regret just doing a day drive to Ol Pejeta instead of staying in the conservancy to be able to stay at the famous spot and do some kitschy things. 21 days total in Africa - just half of my sabbatical but it is going to be plenty expensive already so its good that's as much time as my husband can muster! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter